[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the concept of "Elo Hell" exist in practice or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: .png (1017KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
.png
1017KB, 800x800px
Does the concept of "Elo Hell" exist in practice or is it just an excuse for bad players to blame their teammates for their own lackluster performance?
>>
When subpar players can stay in a high league they shouldn't be in just by playing Support, it exists.
>>
>>378419671
It's going to depend on the game.

It's more of an issue the less that one person can contribute.

In Dota? No, because one player can carry an entire team due to how the game works. Even if your entire team is shit you could theoretically still power through and drag them to victory, depending on how good you are.

In LoL/Overwatch? Probably, because you could get into a situation where your 1/5th/1/6th contribution is outweighed by the other players. This only needs to happen a couple of times for the problem to worsen.
>>
>>378419798
That sounds like the opposite of elo hell. Sounds like elo heaven, doing nothing and getting a good elo.
>>
>>378419671
When I used to play comp games like cs i didnt notice elo hell till i got global and then started playing faceit and esea.

But yes it does exist, you just have to play with friends or people who are good
>>
File: C8XHWukW0AACYkJ.jpg large.jpg (551KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C8XHWukW0AACYkJ.jpg large.jpg
551KB, 1536x2048px
>>378419671
When you're playing a team game and you're carrying around 4 anchors against a team that has actual team work, it's hard to blame anyone but matchmaking.
>>
It's a term made up by boosted monkey to describe why they were stuck before they started stacking with people who carry

Solo que to your rank or its not your rank
>>
>>378421823

this is standard shitter thinking

youre not supposed to hardcarry every game, if you do your job better than the other guy on the enemy team consistently you should be steadily winning and gaining elo.
>>
>>378419884

There is no elo hell in overwatch just play tanks if u want to win
>>
>>378419671
Achilles and 4 scrubs would lose to 5 Hectors.
>>
>>378419671
It's an excuse, the kind of people who play team games are the same people that always need to put the blame on others when they lose and that's why they play casual garbage like overwatch or assfaggots.
>>
>>378422002

This so much. The mentality of "i have to solo carry this shit" is so wrong it causes people to fail.

All you need to do is consistently perform better than the enemies and your elo will raise. Sure you wont win 100% of the games, but as long as you leave a positive impact on the game you can get 55% or higher winrate without issues.
>>
>>378419671
The same matchmaking and ELO rules apply to absolutely everyone, so if your rating is not changing much it means that you're exactly where you should be.

People think it's some kind of experience level that should be constantly going up as you play.
>>
>>378422804
Because you rank up in CoD and BF over time regardless of skill. Even the most basic N3 scrub can prestige/100 Colonel with enough time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.