[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this game get so much hate? It's one of the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Why does this game get so much hate? It's one of the best games in the series, and the only criticisms seem to revolve around the wolf segments which take up very little time.

>Huge overworld compared to OoT
>Actual enemies to fight, unlike OoT
>Shops aren't retarded and useless like they are in OoT
>Rupees actually have some value and you are constantly showered in them
>Items are actually used in the overworld to uncover secrets, unlike OoT
>You don't get everything you need from fucking grass, like OoT
>Actual things to do. Golden bugs, fishing, poes, etc.
>Vastly improved combat
>Graphics were pretty good for GameCube era
>OST was amazing
>>
>>378410682
>you are constantly showered in them
Aren't*, oops
>>
but rupees don't have value and you are constantly showered in them
>>
The shops ARE useless. One of the main complaints I see about that game is how you get an insane amount of money, including as prizes for the bug catching, with nothing to spend it on other than magic armour.
>>
>>378410945
Compared to OoT, not even close. They aren't nearly as common, chests don't typically give as many, you can't dupe bugs for 50 rupees a piece, items like magic armor cost a fuck ton, mini games are more expensive, etc. For fuck's sake, killing something with a light arrow in OoT drops 50 fucking rupees.
>>
>>378411018
>The shops ARE useless. One of the main complaints I see about that game is how you get an insane amount of money, including as prizes for the bug catching, with nothing to spend it on other than magic armour.
Not really. You typically need to visit shops to buy bombs, arrows and potions unless you want to autistically farm them from grass where they're a pretty rare drop unlike in OoT where you can literally cut a patch and fill up on magic, bombs, arrows, hearts and pretty much everything. At least the TP shops sell a few unique items which is more than you can say for the shops in OoT which are 100% pointless.
>>
>>378410682

>you are constantly showered in them

Gold armor master race.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (295KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
295KB, 1920x1088px
It does seem to get a bit too much hate.
But for me the one thing I took away from it was how completely forgettable the dungeons were. I've played through the game twice and I only really remember the snow mountain one.
The game is also ridiculously easy, I didn't die a single time when playing through it. That is probably why the dungeons are forgettable too, you blast through the dungeons so quickly that you don't actually spend much time in the dungeons.

It does have the comfiest area out of all the Zelda games though.
>>
File: 1492517042117.jpg (157KB, 782x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1492517042117.jpg
157KB, 782x1022px
>>378410682
you left out the best part of the game, m8
>>
>>378411447
The dungeon's aren't as good as OoT for sure, but I feel the overworld is expansive and interesting enough to make up for it. I mean, Hyrule Field in OoT has fucking nothing to do.
>>
>>378410682
>>Huge overworld compared to OoT
But it's also useless.
I don't remember where exactly. But there is a huge region with a lake in the centre somewhere. And it only has a single heartpiece and some rupees I believe. And then that entire place is just a whole lot of fucking nothing. But in the regular world and the twilight realm. It's nothing but a scam.

Even with all the ocean. Wind Waker actually has a more dense content distribution than Twilight Princess.

Midna is still great though. She'll always be.
>>
>>378411626
That's not really true though. The overworld has plenty of shit to do. 24 golden bugs, 60 poes, multiple types of fish to catch, multiple types of enemies to fight, skill stones to find, heart pieces to find, hidden grottos and caves, etc. If you want to talk about a shitty lake Hylia, look at OoT. There's 1 piece of heart and the fire arrows. That's it.
>>
>>378410682
>Huge overworld compared to OoT
Emptier than OoT's
>Shops aren't retarded and useless like they are in OoT
Shops in OoT are essential on a first run, since your Wooden shield is gonna get burned up a few times as a kid, and bombchus aren't exactly easy to come by, and are hard to use in the puzzles that require them, meaning you'll absolutely need to buy them at some point. Arrows can be on low supply if you abuse them, too, as well as magic.
>Rupees actually have some value and you are constantly showered in them
lel by the time I got the magic armor i couldn't give a shit about the game anymore, not like it was needed seeing how the game is a cakewalk by that point
>Items are actually used in the overworld to uncover secrets, unlike OoT
I think you need to use the rod of dominion or whatever is called like, once in the overworld? I'm pretty sure that's the only time you use an item in the overworld.
>You don't get everything you need from fucking grass, like OoT
Instead you don't need anything to succeed in TP.
>Actual things to do. Golden bugs, fishing, poes, etc
These were in OoT too you mong.
>Vastly improved combat
And nothing except the Darknuts and maybe Ganon put up a fight.

It wasn't awful but it's still the disappointment of the millennium and will forever be my most hated Zelda game.
>>
>>378410682
The fishing is superficial at the very best.
There's like one mini-game area where it's used. Even though there's a ton of water in the various dungeons none of them contain any fish, the only exception being the skeleton fish in the water temple that you just throw away when you catch them. Wasted potential.

All in all I enjoyed the game, but it was the only zelda other than SS that I never went back and replayed.
>>
>>378410682
Because it's a shit game. Your underage nostalgia goggles don't change that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.