[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Undertale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Undertale was a good game?
>>
>>378402927
Yes
>>
sure, I liked it a lot
>>
>Good
No.
>A fun distraction for a little while with a terrible experience for anyone who wants to really murder everyone like what was promised that puts all the "difficulty" of murdering everyone into literally 2 fights
>>
>>378403173
Don't forget that one of those fights was fucking shitty filled with artificial difficulty.
>>
>>378402927
For what it was, a short cheap game, I think it was good. In particular I liked the music and how a lot of the songs had similar motifs that tied them together.
>>
File: 1495244070447.jpg (355KB, 1376x988px) Image search: [Google]
1495244070447.jpg
355KB, 1376x988px
>>378402927
Yep, amazing and very influential game
>>
File: tomato duck.jpg (465KB, 3000x2294px) Image search: [Google]
tomato duck.jpg
465KB, 3000x2294px
>>378402927
I enjoyed the game.

I dislike the cancerous community it got.
It was only a matter of time, because the creator is the same guy who did the music for Homestuck stuff.

Disliking the game based on your perceptions of it from its community is retarded though, and wish people would actually try it before shitposting.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487537492473.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487537492473.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
>>378404670
>Nocturne
every time
>>
The game itself was alright, the fanbase kept harping on that it was the best thing ever and turned it into a autism fest though.
>>
File: 1471052688898.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1471052688898.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
>>378402927
Pretty cool game, god-awful fanbase.
>>
sure. but i don't think it was so amazing that it merits still being talked about to this day.
>>
File: THE OL SPICY TEACUP.png (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
THE OL SPICY TEACUP.png
35KB, 600x600px
anyone complaining about undertale is just being a typical /v/ contrarian faggot

toby fox even said his game was just an 8/10, not a jizz-inducing masterpiece, but /v/irgins can't argue against anything besides a strawman, so that's all you're gonna get from this high-quality /pol/ satellite board
>>
File: 1447204254601.png (297KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1447204254601.png
297KB, 500x383px
I don't want to hate it, because like FNAF it does alot of cool and unique things, but also like FNAF it's lazy in multiple areas, and at times outright despises the fact that it's a video game. It reminds me of The Order 1886 in a way, where it feels like being a game often hampers its "artistic vision". You know what I'm talking about, right?

>oh yeah, you can make choices because that's videogamey, but none of them matter because my artistic vision is more important
>if you could die in this boss battle against Asriel, then that would be too videogamey, so unlimited continues
>wanting a challenging experience reinforces rape culture and toxic masculinity, so the only hard boss fights are in the genocide route, where the game calls you a monster for wanting something fun to fight against

It's annoying at best, aggravating at worst.
>>
>>378402927
Yes. It was worth it for the music alone.
>>
It was okay, the way it was executed was really interesting. But once you beat it completely you just leave it behind to rust and not play it again (unless you are one of those autists in vg who can't let go and have an obsession for fan theories). I still listen to the soundtrack though, it's actually the reason why I got into the game.
>>
>>378404670
>Taming Dreams
Fucking RIP. Pseudolonewolf has a brain tumor. We will never get another complete game
>>
No.

>shit combat
>lukewarm and gimmicky story
>dumb jokes
>unlikable and obnoxious characters
>fucking stupid message of "you shouldn't kill vidya enemies"

It's basically anti video game.
>>
>>378402927
the game was god-awful, from the characters being cringy/2 dimensional, to the world just kinda being boring. The only good character is muffet, for not looking like a fucking autist drew her and the music is great. The story was meh and the characters motivations for wanting to kill you were sloppy at best. It didn't help that the game tried making a message on how being calm and never defending yourself was good, and if you even dared try to kill someone for trying to murder you, you were looked down upon as being the monster.

The creator was also a pretensions fucker as well "DON'T SPOIL THIS GAME FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEVER EXPERIENCED IT!" as if this game is any good that people shouldn't be spoiled about it.
>>
>>378403919
>artificial
You cheapen this word when you use it to justify your terribleness.
>>
>>378402927
>can we all agree
That's impossible.
I still like it though.
>>
no it isnt
>>
File: tembathtime.jpg (941KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tembathtime.jpg
941KB, 1200x1200px
I want to fuck Tem.
>>
No

Its a shitty "Force muh morals on the audience" game that punishes you if you dont play it the way the dev intended with severely nerfed gameplay
>>
>>378402927
Monster Girl Quest did its main message better.
>>
File: 1495660400077.jpg (360KB, 1719x2483px) Image search: [Google]
1495660400077.jpg
360KB, 1719x2483px
>>378402927
Good? Yes.

Obnoxious? Yes

Lazy "SO IRONIC" developer? Yes
>>
>>378402927
Yes.
>>
>>378403919
Sans was actually pretty easy, beat him in one try
>>
>>378404842
>wanting a challenging experience reinforces rape culture and toxic masculinity
wut
>>
>>378405116
Anon the game doesn't tell you not to defend yourself, it only gives you shit if you go out of your way, not just killing people that attack you but go out of your way to eradicate every single thing that you would have never encountered.
>>
It was good, but by design it doesn't have any replayability. If you're the sort of person who goes for the golden end, you probably won't genocide, and vice-versa.
>>
>>378405615
Was with you until you shat on the creator for telling people not to spoil the game.

RPGs in general are something you need to go blind in to fully enjoy it, and shitting on a creator for wanting people to enjoy it without spoilers is asinine.
>>
>>378406819
True, but he even fucking asked speed runners not to run it for charity.
>>
>2017
>Undertale bait STILL nets free replies
never change, /v/.
>>
No, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>378406187
holy fuck
>>
fun for a playthrough or two
in the same boat as spec ops the line, really.

just don't engage with the community and you'll feel it was a worthwhile little game
>>
Yes, it was obviously good. But fuck you and all the meme-spouting faggots who infested the fanbase. Toby Fox rivals Jhonen Vasquez for the worst fucking fanbase imaginable.
>>
>>378402927
didn't like the characters at all but yeah it's the greatest single player video game made to date
>>
>>378406910
only for like, the first few big events after the game released. He's fine with people speedrunning it now.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.