[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take for you to grow out of Twitch? It just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: logo.png (4KB, 474x356px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
4KB, 474x356px
How long did it take for you to grow out of Twitch?

It just happened to me. It's all just full of overreacting attention whores. Even worse are the obvious normies who cringely regurgitate memes because they know they can get betabux. It's all so boring when you realize all of them just say the same shit like "WELCOME TO ______ SQUAD" "OMG HE JUST SUBSCRIBERINO FOR 9 YEARS" over and over again. I have no idea how I ever enjoyed twitch culture.

I think I only check in to look at the gameplay of a game I want to buy. Or the occasional speedrun nostalgia.
>>
>>378402870
2 seconds because Im not a faggot
>>
File: 1492476843882.png (71KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492476843882.png
71KB, 348x301px
you must be 18 to post here, I guess you made it
>>
>>378402870

It's cringy as fuck yes but I believe they just do it for the money. If they're personality is shit and the memes they like to spew are shit, I just stay away from them.
>>
When I stopped being a teen, not even kidding.
>>
>>378402870
>watching streams in the first place
You are probably young enough to be their target audience
>>
The only reason to watch streams is to see live gameplay of games you can't play or want to evaluate.

>you could just watch a gameplay video
If it's from a review site, it's obnoxious and likely a paid review. Most sponsored streamers give honest opinions about games because their contract only says they have to play the game for x hours, they don't have to like or endorse it.
>>
>>378403212
>he had twitch when he was a teen

Can you please fuck off this imageboard?
>>
>>378402870
0 seconds you fucking faggot.
>>
>>378403503
>Most sponsored streamers give honest opinions about games

No they won't. They get games for free. Why would anyone feel disapointed playing a shit game that costed them zero dollars? Also no big streamer will shit on the game because that will most definitely ruin their chances of getting a new free game from the same publisher.
>>
>>378402870
I only used twitch for songrequest "trolling" and tpp
>>
>>378402870
Very few streamers are like that. It is easy to avoid them.
>>
Not for a second, I only watch eSports, yes I said it, if watching a bunch of people kicking a ball around is an acceptable hobby then watching competitive video games is too.

The chat is too fast to have any conversation going on, it's just people spamming memes.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
I hate streaming with a passion, so I try to be a chaotic evil about it.

I tried streaming, I ended up getting about 100-150 viewers, literally hate everything about it. So I say fuck it. Start red pilling the fuck out of my viewers, about how transgenderism doesnt exist, you're either a guy or a girl, blacks are a minority in the us but make of a majority of prisons, etc.
I went from 150-250. They won't fucking leave. I continue with how if the jews controlled the literacy of textbooks in the US they could sympathize with themselves and we'd take it as fact. 250-350.

Then I killed the stream.

[Spoiler]I might do it again, just saying nigger and see if I get away with it.[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1458109589943.jpg (99KB, 610x395px) Image search: [Google]
1458109589943.jpg
99KB, 610x395px
>>378402870
I only follow speedrunners because watching some random jackoffs that suck at whatever they're playing and only have a following for some clique bullshit isn't entertaining
>>
I never started because I'm not an underage retarded faggot like you and this garbage is thankfully after my time. Watching someone else play games is pathetic.
>>
>>378404535
>alt right retard

you can fuck off from this entire hobby thanks
>>
>>378404720

Fuck off, liberal. You're literally cancer on this industry and the world. Everyone knows it now thanks to Hillary. The US won't see another democratic president for a long, long time.
>>
>>378402870

Theres only this guy that i used to watch rarely (like 1 a week at most and for like 1 hour), twitch is pretty useful to check new games that you dont know, you watch for a little wait and make a more informed purchase (or not)
>>
Twitch is good for unintentional asmr voices like bob ross.
>>
>>378402870
It's really embarrassing when kids use twitch emotes outside of Twitch.
>>
File: 1490730465884.jpg (509KB, 1242x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1490730465884.jpg
509KB, 1242x1480px
>>378404871
>r/thedonald faggot newfag cancer pretends to belong on this site

lmao fuck off forever. also trump is a fucking shitshow. even /pol/ can't hide their embarassment. the only people who support him are cringey retards who unironically call him daddy
>>
>>378405365

I like how easy it is to tell that you're mentally unstable, like all liberal snowflakes.
>>
I watch Twitch for fighting game tourneys or my guilty pleasure, League of Legend streams but only non-obnoxious players who actually get to Challenger like that one-trick Vi.
>>
I never grew into twitch.
>>
>>378404535
>things that never happened
>>
>>378402870
Pro gamers are somewhat okay to watch since most of the time they're not trying to be a personality.
>>
Posts like this tell me I need to leave, but I can't.
>>
Only watch eternal format mtg streams, sometimes some other competitive games. Only other thing I watch is aris because he seems like the only one that doesn't constantly suck his subscribers dicks.
>>
Pogchamp
>>
>>378402870
I go to twitch to watch smaller more laid back streamers. A lot of the smaller streamers that I used to watch have gotten too big now, and have become annoying to watch since they changed their format.

With that said I hardly go on twitch unless I know someone I follow is streaming.
>>
>>378405365
>people like this browse 4chan
your lost m8
>>
>>378402870
>It just happened to me.

You're the reason the problem exists. People like you who fell for that shit in the first place.
>>
Ive only ever used it for esports, competitions, or GDQ events
No idea what the actual culture is
>>
>>378403212
> outing yourself like this
wew
>>
>>378402870
>not just using twitch to watch tournaments/official streams
>ever watching those retarded geam strehmuhs
shiggydigeriood
>>
>>378404598
What are some good speedrunners to watch?
>>
>Noticed that a lot of the people im subscribe to on youtube have been putting out less content
>Finally make a twitch account and follow their channels there
>Most of them are silent or constantly interrupting the gameplay by thanking subs and donations
>Can't even interact with them since they only acknowledge people who sub or donate
>They get lazy and just upload their 3-6 hour livestream to youtube and I just eventually end up un subbing
>>
You just gotta find ones that don't suck dick. Sometimes it takes me about an hour to find a stream worth watching.

Follow these rules:
- Never watch someone using a face cam
- Never watch someone playing a flavor of the month or meme game
- If the entire discussion is on people giving money/subscriber shit, just leave
- Try to pick channels with low viewer counts, or ones known for not sucking chat's dick.
>>
sad that /v/ suddenly hates twitch. i think twitch is the best thing to happen to gaming sine xbox live. it brought millions of gamers together
>>
The fun thing about twitch is having an obnoxious user name and making twitch sluts with 10 viewers read it out loud just because you posted an emoticon in chat.
>>
>>378402870
I never watched twitch because I'm not an underage moron. Go away.
>>
>>378402870
I watched it once and I dont understand the appeal. Its literally a waste of time, it has no value at all. Why would anyone waste their life away watching some one else playing games and making stupid comments is beyond me.
>>
>>378406721
Then you wouldn't learn about meme games like Battlegrounds
>>
>>378406721
The people that stream are basically emotional prostitutes. Pretending to be your friend in exchange for donations.
>>
>>378406721
Because gaming is dead.
>>
>>378405835
Just do what I do and be like those angels in movies. You go to streamers that are small and once they're big and annoying, move on to help another small-channeled soul
>>
>>378404485
>being this defensive about watching esports
>worrying about what people might say, in /v/ of all places
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.