[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into an MMO. Whats the best one I could play thats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

I want to get into an MMO. Whats the best one I could play thats preferably free?
>>
You don't want to get into a MMO. Pick a different hobby.
>>
I've looked up and down for a good MMO. I'll tell you right now, you will not find a good free MMO. As for paid ones, Black Desert Online seems to be the most popular. Frankly, I've given up on MMOs entirely until someone presents an MMO that isn't just a WoW clone. EVE Online came close but the learning curve on EVE is just insane.
>>
Don't play black desert. I don't care if it looks good and people tell you it's good, take it from someone who put thousands of hours in. It's not a good game, it's just a huge afk simulator.

Avoid it at all costs.
>>
>>378395738
>>378395983
Rip I was just hoping for something very time consuming to distract me from my breakup with my ex.
>>
>>378395983
>Black Desert Online seems to be the most popular.
No, it's shit.
Literally has nothing of value, besides the character creator.
>>
>>378395680
WoW private servers. basically the only option. Everything else is shit. Warmane just released a Burning Crusade server and it's pretty fucking good.
>>
>>378395680
DFO, Elsword, or Grand Chase.
>>
>>378396115
I never said it wasn't shitty, I've never played it so I wouldn't know. It just looks like a waifu builder to me, but it's still an MMO and it's still one of the most popular ones.
>>
>>378396418
i would but i have to play with 400ping
>>
Star Trek Online but play it like single player
>>
>>378396418
I'm fairly new to this kind of thing but how do private WoW servers like Warmane work? Do I have to have an active subscription with WoW to play?
>>
>>378397087
Of course not, a emulated database and server have nothing to do with Blizzard. All you'd need is the TBC client (easily available for download) and the realmlist of the server.
>>
>>378396086
Path of Exile worked wonders for me. Escapism is not healthy though, buddy.
>>
>>378396690
>ping being a problem in a game with 1+second GCDs
>implying you arent mashing your next button as hard as possible to que it up
WoW has super good client side lag tolerance settings. You can viably play at just about every ping possible. I'm west coast NA, think I play with 300 ping on most private servers and really don't notice it at all cause of how I que my spells.

You can google how to fuck with lag tolerance if its not up to scratch by default.

>>378397087
Privately hosted servers and character database. You get an old WoW client, and then change the realmlist (config file that tells the client what to connect to) from blizzard default to the private server's location.

Communities have the old addons that work on the old versions of the game that you use to play.
>>
>>378396086
go lift some weights
>>
>>378395680
Guild Wars 2
>>
>>378395680
Mabinogi.
>>
File: c7f.gif (1MB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
c7f.gif
1MB, 200x131px
>>378395680
Black Desert.
>>
Is the third one in that picture The Secret World?

That's getting a revamp and going free, so switch to that when it happens.
>>
File: 1484974993191.jpg (30KB, 549x537px) Image search: [Google]
1484974993191.jpg
30KB, 549x537px
MMO's are in a shit position right now since WoW has been dumbed down to that of a childs level, and every game has followed suit trying to emulate WoW.

Pick another genre, hobby, literally ANYTHING else to do with your time.
>>
>>378400673
The revamp is pretty much a new game reusing all the old assets. The combat system is entirely different and you join quests/maps from a lobby. You can play it solo or with a couple other guys but it's not going to be a full blown MMO like the original game.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.