[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, lots of my friend are playing PUBG. Convince or Dissuade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 36

Alright, lots of my friend are playing PUBG. Convince or Dissuade me from buying it.
>>
>>378388895
its just the new FotM
>>
>>378388895
You'll be made fun of by /v/ if you like it or enjoy people's company who like it
>>
>>378388895

>early access
>poorly optimized
>shit connections
>buggy

I mean, the concept seems cool, but I've learned my lesson with early access shit. The game will probably be dead before it leaves beta, meaning you'll have to pay for a buggy mess that runs like shit.
>>
File: 1419974343533.jpg (6KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
1419974343533.jpg
6KB, 187x200px
>>378388895
Streambait early access survival shooter with looting. If you need any more details than that to dissuade you from wasting your time with it, please seek a cliff and jump.
>>
It's only fun if you have friends. Otherwise it's typical early access Arma/DayZ/Rust bullshit not worth $30. Since you have friends, go ahead and buy it. Squads are limited to 4 though so hopefully you have exactly 3 friends.
>>
Is the same stuff that happens everytime a game gets famous because of streamers
I wouldn't buy it
>>
File: 1480305381323.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
1480305381323.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>>378388895
As someone who is really anal about their taste in vidya and hates the whole early access streamer bait shit games, the game is fun and the replay value is good.
>>
>>378388895
160 hours /played, 90% solo and still having fun.

Best 25€ I've ever spent.
>>
>>378389075
I love people who just buzzword and try to seem above "fads"

This game will last for a while, but i'd recommend waiting a bit if you don't have friends to play with. Great fun with some friends though.
>>
It's a death match game like all the others its boring
>>
>>378388895
It's a broken early access, and will purposely be devolved into horrid shit once the dev decides that they squeezed all the cash they could from it.
>>
Even top of the line PCs running dual 1080s cant get 60fps
>>
>>378389147
and im the queen of north china
kill yourself normie
>>
>>378389072
+
>$30 fucking bucks for no 1 map and a few weapons
>devs are faggots
>>
>>378388928
>fotm
>it's been two years
>>
File: pubg.png (230KB, 339x462px) Image search: [Google]
pubg.png
230KB, 339x462px
>>378389212
>game literally described that way
>"n-no, those are just buzzowrds ha"
At least try, anon.
>>
>>378389358

It didn't become the hot new meme until a couple months ago though.
>>
This game is not worth 30 dollars. You get one game mode, most of the game's design is uninspired, and it's buggy and unoptimized.

However, the concept is so good and the game mode works well enough that if your friends are playing it you will enjoy it together. Since there is such a tiny chance of winning there is a lot less stress than other team-based games when you lose.

If you like your friends enough to spend 30 bucks to play with them a bunch, it's worth it. Otherwise wait.
>>
Wait for a sale. GMG has already done 20% off, so you'll probably get at least that in July.
>>
>bullet damage and hit boxes/registration is literal RNG

PUBG was a mistake. Why didn't he just literally copy ArmA BR 1:1.
>>
>>378389709
bullet damage is meant to be the same every time, depending on armor, but sometimes bullets don't register because of lag.
>>
>>378388895

Like most early access indie open world survival shooter games PUBG has some awesome ideas but the devs skipped out on perfecting the basics of a shooter in order to focus on the new ideas in the game.
>>
Its pretty good. Not amazing by any means, but its good fun.
>>
It's poorly optimized. There's server lag. And in some instances there's some hacking. With that being said however this game makes me anxious as fuck in a good way. When everything is working perfectly the game is a lot of fun. If you like Battle Royale or The Hunger Games this is literally the video game version of it. If that idea interests you then you'll probably enjoy it.
>>
>>378389935
I've had level 3 vest/helmet, only to get 2-3 shotted with no headshots. I've hit someone with 5-6 7.62 shots to the chest who has no armor or low level armor and them not die.

I've had the same armor as someone else, I pump a 40 bullet clip into them point blank, then them two shot me with a Vector.

I've been 1 shotted by shotties from miles away, but have to shoot someone 3-4 times with a shotty to kill them at point blank range.

This game is shit.

I LITERALLY have 1 gig down, 50 mb up.
>>
>7.62 snipers are useless
>better only to use an AK in semi-auto
What a joke.
>>
£5 On CDkeys when
>>
>>378391226
When it's already dead.
>>
>>378389416

>massive 8kmx8km

what? it's small as fuck, I haven't played it but i thought it was at LEAST 16kmx16km to call it massive
>>
>>378388895
Your friends are playing it, just buy it. It's like spending $30 on going to the bar.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 400x310px
>>378388928
Nigger just like Ark and H1Z1 were flavor of the month right?
Retard, FoTM doesn't stay in the top 10 most played games for years and sell millions of copies
>>
>>378388895
Right now it's the best of its genre.
But that's not saying much. It's still poorly optimized and still janky at times.
>>
>>378393204
That's exactly how it works retard, and then it becomes forgotten once the next survival shit comes out
>>
>terrible graphics
>gameplay consists of you gathering for 5-10 minutes, sometimes up to 20 minutes
>once you're done gathering, you can go look for a fight
>if you aren't on the camping side of a fight, odds are you're going to die
>all that gathering time blown for 10 seconds of fighting 50% of the time (75% if you're not camping)
>a good % of the time you get killed from some unknown location by a sniper
>25% of the time you deploy outside the game area which means you'll spend the entire game trying to get into it. If you don't get a vehicle, expect to run for 5 minutes only to get sniped by someone from an unknown location

My suggestion is to drive cars all the time. Run people over. Other than that, the game is pretty shit. Not to mention there are all sorts of subtle hacks
>>
>>378394578
Also
>100 players
>never get into large scale fights
There's literally no point to the 100 players. Most games end up with you interacting with 1-3 other people. Even in games where I won (which usually are because I drive around running people over and then camp in a bush until I'm the last 2 left)

The game might as well be 1/5th the size and have a 3rd the players. It's size is just a meme and is pointless. When you are in the starting area, you can see what I mean. The game wouldn't be able to handle all those people fighting each other at the same time.
>>
>>378388895
It's fun for a few games but gets old very quick. It's the same shit every game.
>>
>>378389072
>>poorly optimized
This.
>go to open inventory
>game chokes up
>come back to being lit by some faggot and stand no chance
I mean, the survival elements and the tension that comes with it is really a lot of fun, in the small amount I've played of it. And I can only play it in small amounts, because dying in that game sucks big time. But it runs lousy on a computer that should reasonably be able to handle it on Low settings bare minimum.
>>
>>378394864
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>378394578
>>378394864
Sounds like you're just shit at the game to be honest man
>>
>>378390387
None of that ever happened.

You're just shit.
>>
There are no first person servers
>>
The game is a lot of fun and ever more so with friends.

The people you usually see whining and complaining are the people trying to run the game on Pentium 4s or the hilariously bad people who somehow die in the first 50 kills or so.

The game has a nice casual barrier right up front that keeps all the shitters out from winning but still enjoying the game.

I won my first game the 2nd day I had the game. If you've played other shooters like Arma, Squad, Rising Storm, etc where you are constantly looking for enemies and know not to run out in the open like a dumbass, the game is an easy transition.

Unfortunately you'll get opinions mostly from CoD/Halo/BF fags who think the game will be run 'n gun with no strategy or tactics.
>>
>>378395171
>>378395331
Please enlighten everyone on your K/D ratio and how you're constantly in giagantic battles and not sparsely populated minibattles.
It's just how the game is.

It's a very slow paced shooter with a lot of build up. Getting kills feels great because you know you'll have wasted all that time if you yourself got killed. Killing with cars feels dirty.
>>
>>378395746
>somehow die in the first 50 kills
I mean, I agree that it's easy to not die in the first 50 if you try to avoid combat unless you have to, but sometimes you're just unlucky. Somebody's gotta die in the first 50, sometimes it's you.
>>
>>378395795
>Please enlighten everyone on your K/D ratio
My KDR is only 2.38. Not sure what that has to do with anything we're discussing, though.

>how you're constantly in giagantic battles and not sparsely populated minibattles.
Just go to ANY of the very popular spawn points. School, Military Base, etc. If all you want is to be in a big battle, go there right away or survive long enough to get to the final ~15 where you're all stuck in a extremely small circle.

>>378395902
I'm talking about people consistently dying in the first 50
>>
>>378395746
>The people you usually see whining and complaining are the people trying to run the game on Pentium 4s
I have a perfectly modern top of the line PC and the game runs like shit
>or the hilariously bad people who somehow die in the first 50 kills or so.
Incorrect, though landing brawls (everyone lands and tries to get a gun quickly to shoot eachother, or just punches each other) are fun as hell. Most of the time, you'll watch the counter slowly tick down as you try to get to a playable area or gather stuff, then eventually sneak your way to the action area
>The game has a nice casual barrier right up front that keeps all the shitters out from winning but still enjoying the game.
And that barrier is...?
>I won my first game the 2nd day I had the game. If you've played other shooters like Arma, Squad, Rising Storm, etc where you are constantly looking for enemies and know not to run out in the open like a dumbass, the game is an easy transition.
Yeah, it's an extremely slow paced game. It's basically a mechanically worse version of other games. Also reinforcing that camping is a must for winning.

Lag and stuttering prevent many good shots, and you might find yourself desyncing heavily at times. Just recently I couldn't enter a house because it was so bad it would port me outside the house when I ran inside

>>378395429
This would be nice. 3rd person gameplay is a must and is really lame
>>
Okay I've had this game for a week, and

>name of the game is survive
>so I avoid gunbattle wherever I can
>but every time I get in one without big advantage
>I get destroyed because I have no experience in battles
How fucking do?
>>
>>378396275
Get lucky
Have the circle come to you, not you go to it

It's not a game you'd like if you don't like what this thread has described. Some people like it, some people don't. People shouldn't try to rope CoD/Halo/BF fags as one poster has said into the game
>>
>>378396169
>I have a perfectly modern top of the line PC and the game runs like shit
No you don't. My computer is nearly 6 years old and runs it completely fine with no hiccups, no crashes and no slowdowns I hear you faggots meme about.

i7-4790k GTX970 8GB RAM

>And that barrier is...?
The barrier is actual good players.

>I couldn't enter a house because it was so bad it would port me outside the house when I ran inside
Are you playing on your continent's server? You must have literal 56k or be on the opposite side of the world from the server. Even when I play on EU from NA I never see this lag people complain about, though I'm on fiber.
>>
>>378396275
If you really just want practice in gun battles, start spawning in one of the huge popular areas. Keep your gun on Semi-Auto (Single in game I think) unless you're very close quarters and have a sub-machine gun, shotgun or something
>>
>>378396506
>I hear you faggots meme about.
Grats bro, you have the same CPU as me and a worse graphics card. It's actually gotten a bit better with new patches, but I had to drop my graphics a bit to make sure it stays stable more often.
>Even when I play on EU from NA I never see this lag people complain about,
I'm from the US and yeah I am, on NA servers. It was desync. The server was kicking me back to previous positions, probably because it didn't think I could move to where I tried to.

People shit on Unity, but Unreal has it's own host of issues with networking and rendering.
>>
>>378389072
It's literally none of those.

Shitty UI maybe, but for an early alpha game, for it to be about a billion times more playable than DayZ after how many years in beta?

I'm happy with it, this shit is fun as fuck.
>>
>>378396275
Play a few games with the goal not to survive, but to get in firefights and learn
>>
>>378389250
are you trying to run it on ultra at 4k wtf?
>>
Oh you guys forgot the hacks
Game uses Unreal Engine, so it's hacked before release. See Youtube for examples
>>
It's fun. May as well play it before it dies and the only ppl left are hardcore players with thousands of hours in it.
>>
>>378388895
OP I can't recommend you anything until you tell me what your computer specs are.
>>
what sets this apart from any other flavour of the month survival twitch frontpage game?
>>
>>378389250
I have a low end PC and get 60fps, performance is somewhat random at this point.
>>
>>378401408
It isn't survival
>>
>>378389250
I have a 1080 and a 7700K and I get around 60fps most of the time. Sometimes it goes up to 90, and sometimes if I use an 8x scope in the most dense areas it can go as low as 30fps. This is with everything maxed out at 1440p.
>>
File: player.jpg (26KB, 750x134px) Image search: [Google]
player.jpg
26KB, 750x134px
It's fun, especially since I play with friend.
Solo experience is a bit different since you tend to overthink some things.
>>
>>378401408
It's actually fun. I've only played DayZ, but this has much better pacing and you don't have to waste your time crafting and finding food. The gunplay feels pretty good, at least compared to DayZ. It performs way better than DayZ ever did for me, although it's far from perfect. Playing in a squad makes the game much better too, because the firefights last much longer.
>>
I clocked in over 80 hours in the last month and that's a lot for me.
But I usually play it with friends so take from that what you will.
I definitely recommend it, it's a lot of fun even solo and killing a squad and winning the game is so damn satisfying
>>
>>378389075
>streambait
What does that even mean?
>>
>>378394129
If it is flavor of the month how come its still popular after three years?
>>
>>378404393
Same for me. I have about 115 hours played and that's a huge amount for me.
>>
>>378401408
nothing. It's too slow paced to last long. People will get bored of it, especially if something similar but faster paced takes it's place
>>
File: 1491557042885.png (49KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
1491557042885.png
49KB, 461x458px
>>378407024
>H1Z1 is faster paced and more arcadey
>still less popular

Hmm.

Flavor of the Month is the dumbest buzzword ever, how is a game flavor of the month when its the third most popular game on Steam 3 month in a row LMAO, its not going anywhere just like Ark just like H1Z1
>>
>>378407181
Unknown is newer and by a popular developer
H1Z1 is also associated with zombies, and it's faster paced, but as you said, it's also arcadey. Not everyone wants arcadey. But that doesn't mean you need to have players spend 15 minutes prepping before the action begins
>>
>>378407181
>defending flavor of the decade shovelware
>>
Buggy, early access trash that will never be finished because the dev is scared of refund backlash when they inevitably turn the game into pure shit from updates.
>>
>>378407902
>parroting the same, tired opinion with no thinking of his own
>>
It. Is. A. Fucking. Tough. Game. So there's that.
>>
fucking dont do it.
it's garbage and another shitty unfinished game a bunch of kids like to say is "hardcore" and when you tell them why it's shitty and needs balancing they just tell you you're not hardcore enough.

I bought it and wish I would have bought some weed instead because at least then I would have enjoyed myself.
>>
File: 1495801994527.jpg (56KB, 769x703px) Image search: [Google]
1495801994527.jpg
56KB, 769x703px
>>378409304
>it's garbage and another shitty unfinished game a bunch of kids like to say is "hardcore" and when you tell them why it's shitty and needs balancing they just tell you you're not hardcore enough.

explain how it is shitty and unbalanced then
Seems like you simply need to get good

>inb4 shot out of nowhere
>>
>quote complaint
>prove complaint

>shot out of nowhere
>play on low
>can see everyone forever because no grass
I guess if you like shitty games you should get good at them but if you have any self respect you won't.
>>
File: 1493649555856.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493649555856.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>378409808
You don't get shot out of nowhere, if you did your situational awareness and positioning is shit. You got outplayed, stop blaming the game retard.

I bet Arma 3 is unbalanced too lmao

>play on low
>can see everyone forever because no grass

already fixed over a month ago
>>
>>378409965
>imploding shot out of nowhere
god your reading comprehension skills are as shitty as the game you defend
>fixed a month ago
and in denial too. since I played last week and did this.
your game sucks, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>378404794
It wasn't popular at all until recently. I will admot, it looks interesting, but only for a few games, after that I feel it will become boring.
>>
Game is fun don't listen to these autists, if you liked old style shooters like SOCOM II, then go for it.
>>
>>378388895

If you're so much of a social butterfly go ahead and buy it. It's similar to l4d in that your friends more or less carry you through an experience that is 90% the same when you go through it again. Hackers will probably infest it even more and ruin it eventually because it's PC, if the developer doesn't kill it first.
>>
>>378410062
Man, the vegetation has been fixed. You're either lying or too stupid to realise that there's a draw distance for grass across all settings.
>>
Buy it once they nerf the Vector.
>>
Dont buy because the entire concept of early access is a blight upon this industry.

Early access does the following:

-makes devs greedy
-makes devs lazy (will likely not finish the game
-even if the game does come out, you have already been burnt out and all hype is killed by the time it's released in full

Give me ONE single positive example of an early access game. Not that it would change my stance, but I really can't think of a single time a game was better off because early access. I'd rather the game never come out at all than a device get cash from a half baked effort. It's literally a scam.
>>
File: 1492702877016.png (207KB, 394x439px) Image search: [Google]
1492702877016.png
207KB, 394x439px
>>378410062
>imploding shot out of nowhere
what did he mean by this?
>god your reading comprehension skills are as shitty as the game you defend
sorry that I can't comprehend a post written by an autists constisting entirely out of meme arrows
>and in denial too. since I played last week and did this.
sure you did, they fixed foliage dissapearing on lower settings though.
>>
This game got out artist fired because he spent 35 hours this week playing this when they needed to be working.
>>
>>378410582
>>378410508
both retards
if anyone spends money on this they're fucking retarded as well. only reddit posters and twitch brainlets play it.
>>
its trash
press hyping the trash because they need to be legitimized during pre-e3 hype
they ride the hype of already successful game, so they can mooch the fan/ viewers of said success

actual game isnt unique or original, BR games have been for years, that fag made a mod for arma, people been playing that for years, then the fag when and made a game mode for h1z1, people played that for a year, now that fag outsourced the game to a chinese dev team, and cock gobblers ate that shit up, because it was literal shit on a plate. unoptimized mess of a game, that fucking retarded plebs just roll around in like its cocaine

giving money to that when you have so many better games out there, lol, if you even consider it after all those other early access BR games you got burned on , then good luck, rocket2guns would love to sell you some space sim game i think
>>
File: pubg.png (99KB, 490x125px) Image search: [Google]
pubg.png
99KB, 490x125px
It's fun, buy it if you want to play with friends.

I got mine as a gift, though.
>>
>>378410532
was nerfed in recent patch.
still a fucking amazing gun tho
>>
>>378410582
>>378409965
>>378409737
did you just pull these from a b reaction image thread?
>>
File: 1iC2OHR.png (245KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1iC2OHR.png
245KB, 360x480px
>>378410659
>only reddit posters and twitch brainlets play it.
Oh yes, while this high and mighty yugoslavian mass grave board jerks to loli everyday.

You contrarians repeat the same buzzwords over and over even when proven wrong, pathetic, neck yourself.

The majority of posters on this board have no clue about game design, tech or balance, you aren't any different than a slightly more toxic version of r/gaming

The /v/ hivemind is fucking dumb and you are part of it.
>>
>>378410574
PUBG.
>>
>>378410671
>I haven't played it and it's shit because that's what /v/ is telling me

No shit it's not unique or original. However it's a lot better than every other "survival"/BR game out there. Even if this were to die after a year, I wouldn't regret a single thing because most games don't last a year anyway, and this game is fun as hell in the meantime.
>>
>>378388895

If your friends are all playing it then this is a no brainer, don't be that one zero fun retard that never participates in fun shit with your buddies.
>>
>>378390387
>download/upload speed matters
I agree with you that the hitreg is shit though
>>
I know they are totally different games but this or overwatch that is on sale right now?
>>
>>378393204
Ark and H1Z1 are so awful. Why are people into broken glitchy low-quality garb
>>
>>378411542
This.
I was hesitant for a while because it just seemed like all the other shitty early-access games. it kinda is.
But finally gave in and am now having a blast with it. If you have friends, buy it.
>>
>>378388895
I just spent like half an hour watching a friend play this game. It consisted of running into a building, getting some clothes and some guns, running around a bit, and then dying to someone you never saw coming. Every other round or so, he might catch someone unaware in a building and light them up.

There's just a lot of dead time in the game, and if you die and you're playing with a friend (like he was) you get to enjoy waiting for them to die. It seems...bad. Like, just boring and not good. I have no idea how this thing got mass market appeal, it's like a much less interesting battle royale.

I really hope the two friends of mine that play it get bored of it soon because listening to them on voicechat commentating it is insufferable.
>>
>>378412047
>>378411542
Exactly. There are a ton of flaws but it's so fun it doesn't really matter. Playing with a squad makes a ton of difference since you can give each other different roles and you can act as bait to make people give away their position etc. Firefights lasts so much longer too, esp if it's a three squad fight.
>>
>meme early-access game
>shit hit-reg
>worst optimization I've seen in recent memory.
>laggy servers
>rng circle which decides 90% of games

Still fun as hell. Would recommend
>>
You'll probably get at least 30 hours out of it but it's absolutely a FotM game. As long as you're ok with that buy it. Just don't expect to be playing it in a year.
>>
>>378395120
>Waaaaaaah
>My potato should be able to run it
>>
Isn't this game basically H1Z1?
>>
>>378412684
On the surface yeah, but it's actually fun? Somehow? It differentiates itself by the environments looking much better and the gunplay not being ass.
>>
File: Black Canary.jpg (54KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
Black Canary.jpg
54KB, 432x768px
>>378388895
Its shit and your a shill.
>>
File: 20170511_180402.png (202KB, 457x243px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_180402.png
202KB, 457x243px
>>378388895
They'll get bored with it after less than two weeks, I guarantee it.

Source: I own it
>>
Better off playing 7 Days to Die. Just as rubbish but you can build bases and shit.
>>
File: 1477486821701.jpg (41KB, 734x747px) Image search: [Google]
1477486821701.jpg
41KB, 734x747px
>>378412837
I detected reddit in your sisters stinky cunt you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>378413045
The game is fun, I'm sorry that most people don't give a shit about your buzzwords anymore

go wank to some hentai you sad virgin
>>
I wish that anyone enjoying this casualshit would be shot in the neck. Kill yourselves, cucks.
>>
>>378412972
Wow, do you really post the same thing in every PUBG thread? I've seen this video with the same kind of phrasing countless times now.
Yeah, the graphics are terrible on ultra low and -sm4. Weird, right? Two new maps are coming and best tactic is good positioning, not camping.
>>
>>378413402
>being this triggered by a good video game
>>
once you buy it all your friends will suddenly stop playing it
>>
I got it with my buddies, we all do 4 man squad.
Killed a few twitch streamers.

Became winner twice on squad.
Once was when my buddies all died right at mid game and I soloed all the way to the end. It's the best feeling to kill an ENTIRE team as a solo guy. Jesus the adrenaline.

I would say get it because I haven't felt this much rush from a game in a long time. Maybe you'll feel the same way.
>>
If you don't go straight for the military base you are the world's biggest pussy.
>>
File: 1489226297213.jpg (23KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1489226297213.jpg
23KB, 280x373px
>>378413402
>1v99 deathmatch
>literally have to be in the 99th percentile to win
>casual
>>
What I don't like is the attachments you need just to shoot your gun straight. Single bullet shots is stupid.
>>
>>378417249
>watch a streamer beat the top ten without firing a single shot
>he hid in a room while he healed for the final circle
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>378389072
It's true

And by the time any of it is fixed or the game resembles a complete product nobody will be playing it anymore as they will of all moved on by then to the new flavour of the month.

And I would of gotten my fun out of it along with them while you don't play it having never experienced it while it was popular. Do you even play vidya m8
>>
>>378417457
>I saw some guy win once in a way I didn't like so it's not skill
>>
File: smuggie.jpg (50KB, 680x523px) Image search: [Google]
smuggie.jpg
50KB, 680x523px
>>378389479
>$30
>entertained myself and my friends for 55hrs+
>not worth it

yeah okay
>>
>>378391226
when it's not valuable anymore (when it's dead)
>>
its a lot of fun when youre not desyncing so fucking hard.

I don't recommend it unless you have friends who will play with you regularly because I seriously didn't enjoy playing solo but you might so your mileage might vary
>>
>>378394578
It does honestly sound like you're bad and frustrated because of it. How many chickun dinners you've won, anon? :^)
>>
File: solo_win.jpg (823KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
solo_win.jpg
823KB, 2560x1440px
>>378388895
post victory screens or admit to yourself you suck
>>
It's fun with friends. I don't like to buy early access games but some friends bought it for me and I've been enjoying. Sometimes games are fun, sometimes you loot and run for 15 minutes without finding anyone just to get sniped by someone you can't even see because he is peeking while hiding due to third person camera.
>>
>>378410089
>I don't like it so it's flavor of the month
Sorry, but it doesn't actually work that way, sweetie.
>>
File: chickendinner.jpg (433KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
chickendinner.jpg
433KB, 2560x1440px
>>378418508
Sure.
>>
Is it worth playing alone? No. In solo games the camping is absolutely insane.

Do you have at least one friend? Yes its worth buying imo.
>>
File: 123125326.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123125326.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>378418508
k
>>
Should I get ARMA3 instead?
>>
>>378420923
what do you mean the camping is insane?

The point of the game is to move. You can't camp.
>>
>>378418508
>>
>>378421649
LOL
>>
Any advices for playing alone? I hate playing with headphones so that gives me already a huge disadvantage. Also everytime I see someone I get so frightened that I throw away my mouse
>>
>>378421470
Well, if you're worried about getting killed from random directions and bad performance, Arma won't save you. They're both good games, but I have much more fun in PUBG than in Arma. Some other Anon will have the opposite opinion. Arma is bigger, has mods, is not early access etc., but it's hard to enjoy the multiplayer without friends/clans and a lot of mods. It's a bit cumbersome.

They're very different games though.
>>
>>378421758
Just play some matches where you go to military base or school just to practice fighting so you won't be as scared later on.
>>
>>378421758
Play the circle. Don't play the players.
>>
>>378422581
this

let the normies kill eachother for you

but if you see an opportunity to pick a guy off when you have bad gear always take it
>>
>>378388895
Fuck off marketer
>>
>>378422760
fuck off h1z1 shill
>>
>>378418508
>he wins so rarely that he has to take screenshots
>>
>>378388895
LET'S
G
O
>>
>>378388895
If you have 1-3 friends to play with it's pretty fun.
>>
File: 1491352696371.gif (5KB, 100x117px) Image search: [Google]
1491352696371.gif
5KB, 100x117px
>>378404701
A game that brings streamers to play it ("""social""" interactions ingame, short gametime, somewhat skill based) while advertising it at the same time.

>>378388895
It's fucking trash. Anyone who buys into the 10th recycled DayZ clone should an hero.
>>
>>378423750
DayZ had better gun mechanics.
>>
>lots of my friend are playing
>goes to a fucking mongolian message board for "advice" instead of just having fun with his friends
what fucking logic
>>
>>378423750
>A game that brings streamers to play it ("""social""" interactions ingame, short gametime, somewhat skill based) while advertising it at the same time.
So why is this bad?
>>
File: fotm.png (25KB, 1150x597px) Image search: [Google]
fotm.png
25KB, 1150x597px
>>378419831
>search interest explodes in mid march and starts to crash not even a full month later
>>
>>378423750
>It's fucking trash
So, again, why? Everyone already agrees there are performance issues, bugs and know that it's early access. What makes it bad other than that, or is that it?
>>
>>378424262
Of course it peaks around the relase. Do you think other games don't? I don't google the game, I play it.
>>
File: Capture.png (175KB, 727x556px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
175KB, 727x556px
>>378424262
>>
>>378424134
Because it was a nice treat if games have/had it.
Assuming you, as a dev, want a large crowd to milk money from, you better make it streaming friendly. (Which every "survival/loot/pvp" game in the last few years did without adding innovative additions to the genre. Not to mention the graphics/engine.)
>>
Just tried it out thanks to library sharing with a friend that bought it and holy fuck, the games performance is atrocious and reading through the official forums it seems that the recent may update fucked it up for tons of people, cutting fps down by 20+ fps and stutters out the ass. Not even mentioning the constant server problems.

I can see the game being fun for what it is but the stat it's in right now is absolutely ridiculous and the only people fawning over it are tasteless streamers that flock to everything that's popular.
>>
>>378424512
Rekt. Hope other anon saw himself get blown the fuck out with a single image.
>>
It's worth it for the price especially if your friends are playing it.
It's the ARMA/BR experience condensed to be fun and finished in 30 minutes.

Don't buy it on a toaster though.
>>
>>378388895
Flavour of the season for normies, it will die like every other open world zombie apocalypse shit pvp fest
>>
>>378424840
>I hate everything that's popular because I find my identity in being contrary
>>
>>378389358
But this game only came out a few month so ago, right?
>>
File: 1495061257349.png (32KB, 202x206px) Image search: [Google]
1495061257349.png
32KB, 202x206px
>people defending another early access survival game which probably won't be finished

why?
>>
>>378425394
His post doesn't read that way, though.
>I can see the game being fun for what it is

If anything, you're the shitter here because you fail to accept any criticism of the game.
>>
>>378388895
As someone with almost 50 hours in the game, its not worth the $30.
I have fun with it, but its horribly unoptimized and is lacking in features.
It could be great one day if the devs actually try, but right now its kind of just a broken mess that happens to be enjoyable.
>>
>ARMA engine
>>
>>378425394
What the fuck are you on about? I even said that I can see it being fun but simply not in the state it's currently in. Nobody should tolerate abysmal performance like that but here we are again, where people actually do. If it wouldn't have such a huge twitch following right now, everyone would shit on it's horrible optimization.

Just because I hate one aspect of something, doesn't mean I hate everything and I actually plan to get it once development reaches a more feature complete and stable state.
>>
File: Wisdom.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
I think y'all in this thread need to look at this image right here and queue up for a match.
>>
>>378391890
Its massive when you spend 95% of the time on foot and move at a realistic pace.
>>
>>378388895
>lots of my friend are playing PUBG

Finish middle school before posting here.
>>
>>378388895
Solid attempt at last man standing.

Admitedly it's an obvious indie game with a few weird design choices and performances issues, but the guy who's making it has an obvious passion for the game.

In it's current state it blows H1Z1 out the water.
>>
>>378388895
Just buy it - playing garbage with your friends is still better than playing medicore shit alone.
>>
Good job supporting Western game industry retards, you deserved to be fucked over
>>
>>378396837
>for an early alpha game

It's already the finished product you fucking moron. There will never be anything past what you call "early alpha". That's how this shit works. Release bad game, call it early alpha (clearly it's a finished product that just sucks because the dev is a fucking loser who can't code), and have retards eating it up and defend it by saying it's still early in development (for the next 4 years).

Fuck you.
>>
>>378426140
>western game industry
It's made by fucking koreans.
>>
>>378420659
>1/27
the fug :DDD
>>
How has this game been in Early Access for so long and still have performance issues?

Can the dev not code properly? The animation is still wonky and I just don't understand. Buy or it not, small dev Early Access is the equivalent of Triple A microtransactions. Video games have been dead for awhile but there are still a few devs who care. Anyone of them that put out Early Access games clearly don't, though.

Pass on it, if you care.
>>
>>378388895
I was determined to hate this game and got gifted it after I refused to purchase it.
I really don't like the team modes, but the solo experience is really nice. It's kind of shit that it takes 4 body shots to kill, and there aren't many places to practice your firing/weapon handling before a game.
If you like running around on your own/being stealthy/hunting people it's really enjoyable though.
>>
>>378388895
>>378424840
https://vid.me/MNmp

I feel like a lot of people forgot how to just have fun with a fucking game, instead of only expecting top of the line AAA everything across the board.

Is it worth a full price game? Hell fucking no, not at the current state. Is it worth it if you casually buy games or not so much? Probably not. Depends on your FUN-O meter. Is it worth it as someone that buys a decent amount of games anyways, enjoy sneaking around, suspense, and anxiety in games? Yes, yes it is worth fuckin 30 bucks, are you kidding me?
>>
File: 1495531590792.jpg (48KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1495531590792.jpg
48KB, 640x633px
>>378425838
Unreal Engine you retard
>>
>playing a game that's designed around just camping one spot for +30min doing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>378427113
No one has a single thing to say?
>>
>>378427113
That's the thing. I couldn't care less about how shit a game looks or how bad the sound design or whatever is, as long as it runs good, but as it is right now the devs can't even get that right. Believe me, I want to have fun with it but stutters and sub 60fps in a shooter are something I can't tolerate, which is why I simply wait in hopes that the game will get better optimized some time down the line.
>>
File: 133186557214.png (281KB, 765x540px) Image search: [Google]
133186557214.png
281KB, 765x540px
/v/ has a lot of nerve to call Battlegrounds FOTM

You fags hyped up shit like Nioh as GOTY & it literally got forgotten in a week
Battlegrounds gets more popular each month
>>
Are people here actually playing a game shilled buy the most normalfag and obnoxious streamers?
The streamers get paid to do this shit, this is why they all play like 1h and do their best to pretend to have fun.
Shit like Lirik is what's ruined the gaming market, every dev just tried to pander streamers like him so they will shill the fuck out of the game.

Oh and next time you do a shill thread about this game at least try to use a new formula when starting a thread or the very least a new OP image.
>>
>>378428338
They don't pay streamers, the game is popular because it's accessible compared to say ARMA
>>
File: 1491945201861.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1491945201861.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>378388928
>its a "ITS LE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH" when its been over a month episode again
>>
>>378389075
>survival
I can tell you haven't actually played the game.
>>
File: 1496064789233.png (48KB, 392x612px) Image search: [Google]
1496064789233.png
48KB, 392x612px
Fotm
>>
I don't know whats worse, the shills or the people witch hunting shills when the game is actually solid and merits its popularity.
/v/ just doesn't want to admit its a successful and fun game.
>>
>>378428338
Some of you here have completely lost your marbles on the shill thing. You know before you newfags got here it was mildly ironic right?
>>
Holy fuck why are people here so fanatically shilling this game? Half the post are just people shilling and defending this game.

nu-/v/ truly is worse than Reddit
>>
>>378428958
It's like every Sony and Nintendo thread ever.
>>
File: 1489546296634.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489546296634.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>378428958
MAYBE BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE BEST SELLING GAME ON STEAM THREE MONTH IN A ROW AND THE THIRD MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM BY PLAYERCOUNT WITHOUT 2/3RDS OF POSTS TRYING TO CALL OUT SHILLING YOU MISERABLE DUMB FUCK GO FUCK YOURSELF RETARD GET A NOOSE ALREADY

IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND YOU FUCKING USELESS WEEBFUCK VIRGIN?
>>
>>378429234
This guy here is the average /v/ poster nowadays...kids that watch streamers like lirik, let that sink in for a moment
>>
>>378428958
>Reddit
>shilling
lurk more newfag
>>
>>378429441
Nice strawman, kiddo. That guy's post had nothing to do with streaming.
>>
>>378428571
>>378428958
>>378428338

haha yeah fuck all twitch streamer faggot cucks!
>>
File: 20170101195206_1.jpg (338KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170101195206_1.jpg
338KB, 1440x900px
Sorry for a derail, but il prob get an answer here... Do i HAVE to download the 7.8GB Jets DLC from steam to play my arma3? i have not updated since i bought it (just before tanoa stuff released), and my game has the karts/helis/marksmen included even though i didnt pay for them.

Id like to play my game without downloading new dlc.
>>
>>378429441

You're so unique, anon. You stand out so much. You're not like the other gir- I mean, anons out there. You're special. Our very own one of a kind snowflake.
>>
>>378429234

It's like that one dead cells thread yesterday where one guy derailed the entire thread by screaming shill at everything.

It's impossible to talk about popular games on /v/.
>>
>>378388895
It's fun
>>
It's more fun to watch than to play imo.
>>
>>378388895
It's fun, but there's a lot of stutter and lag. Next month's update focuses on improving netcode, but only buy it if you can deal with early access kinks.
>>
>>378393204

ARK and H1Z1 and Conan: Exiles are the very definition of flavor of the month, you newfaggot
>>
>>378430184
Yes, since it's both a base game update that everyone gets and DLC content that other people you may play with will have access to.
>>
I really like the game but unfortunately i crash to desktop with no error message every 6 out of 10 matches i play. It's really frustrating to drop somewhere, kill a couple of dudes, get some nice gear and then just crash to desktop.
>>
>>378388895
I bought it when it first came out, played a couple of games and refunded it. Then a few days ago a friend got it for me because he wanted me to play it with him, and it's great fun in duos/squads. The optimization isn't bad exactly, but you can tell there some things that need to be ironed out. As far as connection or desync glitchiness, I haven't felt any of that. The gunplay feels pretty good honestly. Similar to ARMA but better. I'm awful at ARMA combat but I can regularly get kills in PUBG. I'd say wait on the summer sale and pick it up.
>>
>>378396169
> And that barrier is...?

If you're new you can parachute farther out and have your own area for gathering gear while you practice sneaking back into the center. If you're better at the game you can drop into more busy areas and have an immediate fight for the best positions. This pretty much guarantees that some of the best players will get killed early on and some shitters will always get into the late game without using cheap comeback mechanics to give them an undue edge. Pretty elegant if you ask me even if you don't like the game in general.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.