[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reminder that "it's fun" is not a valid point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (8KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 313x161px
reminder that "it's fun" is not a valid point towards a game
>>
It's literally the sole purpose of video games though
>>
>>378386906
fun and fun alone is not enough to justify the existence of a game. is that hard to understand or something?
>>
Another thing to consider: Certain games aren't "fun" in the traditional sense.

A game like Metal Gear Rising: Revengance is fucking CRAZY and you're having a TON of fun playing it and smiling the entire time, in this instance, you are having FUN.

A game like Civilization 4/5/6 however is not FUN in the traditional sense, you aren't laughing, screaming and having a ton of "fun" the entire time. You are having a more subtle fun that comes with decision making, strategy and so on.
>>
The best elements in a game are the competitive ones, people that enjoy 'fun' will never understand.
>>
>>378386906
Fun != Enjoyment
You are mean to enjoy video games, weather through strategical choices or mindless killing
>>
>>378386815
Also, fun is subjective, while how good a game is should be kept objective, for an example i have >200 hours in For Honor. I know its shit, but i enjoy it.
>>
>>378386815
it is though, most video games are created to be fun
I'll give you that it's very subjective and doesn't really belong in game analysis though
>>
>>378386815
It's fun is not a valid point
Reasons why it's fun are valid points that can be discussed
>>
File: wait a minute that card.png (2KB, 120x113px) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute that card.png
2KB, 120x113px
>>378389060
>Fun != Enjoyment
>>
>>378387002
Why not? Why can't a game be fun for fun's sake?
>>
>>378389570
kek
>>
>>378389597
they can be, he's wrong
mario is a 100% perfect example of this
>>
>Valid point towards a game
Because every opinion on a videogame has to be a measurable empirical mark of its merit that cannot possibly be taken in a negative light in accordance to taste or personal preference.

I understand how frustrating it is to ask someone why they like a game and to get nothing but "its fun" but if someone thinks a game is fun usually its for a good reason, they're just not bothering to explain it to you because fuck explaining why you like something to someone whos going to try shooting it down 100% of the time. Literally a waste of time to just hear someone go "well I don't think what you think is fun is fun so your taste and this game is shit."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.