[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for Souls fans: Have any of you actually played (or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: KF4_JAP_Cover_Front.jpg (72KB, 498x703px) Image search: [Google]
KF4_JAP_Cover_Front.jpg
72KB, 498x703px
Question for Souls fans: Have any of you actually played (or completed) any of the King's Field games? They're created by the same developer, and Demon's Souls (and subsequently Dark Souls) was conceived as a spiritual successor to KF.

The games don't allow any degree of character customization like Souls does, and you're forced to work with sluggish tank controls. KF nonetheless has a similarly challenging difficulty level, and the setting and world design follow the same themes as Souls.

I would think that Souls fans might want to go back and experience this little piece of history since From Software seems to have shelved the Souls series for now.
>>
File: Abyss.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Abyss.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm playing Shadow Tower Abyss right now
And it's fucking great
>>
>>378382940
I would've played them by now if it weren't for the existence of the Dark Side collection. That box is legitimately gorgeous and the idea of owning the games in a different physical format just doesn't sit right with me. Problem is I don't currently own a PS2 and the box is fucking expensive.
>>
>>378382940
I started shadow tower abyss, but dropped it soon after. Might get back to it, it's pretty weird and unique, just not engaging, at least at the beginning.
>>378383259
Is it emulating well?
>>
>>378383259

I forgot to mention Shadow Tower. Lots of similarities with KF. Although Shadow Tower is even more unforgiving since your equipment is constantly breaking. KF4 introduced item durability to the series, but your equipment never breaks, it just has its stats severely diminished by a general lack of maintenance.

>>378383593

But with that kind of logic you'll never get to experience the series. I doubt the Dark Side box will ever see a price drop since it's a collector's item that was distributed only in Japan.

May as well play the games in their original release form. If you want to import them from eBay sellers based in Japan, they would in fact be cheaper than the English-localized versions.
>>
File: 1483555583845.jpg (68KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483555583845.jpg
68KB, 450x450px
still have my copy of it for ps1, i loved it back then because the graphics were at the time pretty neat. they can be fun if you grew up playing older games, but a modern gamer would hate them. sadly they did not age well at all.
>>
>>378384440
>Is it emulating well?
Yeah anon,
it even runs kinda smooth on my shitty laptop
>>378384575
I'm still at the early levels of the game and I'm amazed by some of the visuals and design
>>
>>378382940
Yeah, I still enjoy running through them now and then.
Find it funny how everyone goes crazy for item descriptions in Souls when it is just a holdover of the magic mirror giving you info with no ingame reason to exist.
>>
>>378384608
sauce?
>>
>>378382940
agree, definitely worth going back to play

I binge played through all 4 plus pilot style. I kinda like them more than dark souls. Hopefully they'll release a new one someday
>>
King's Field IV was by far the hardest in the series, and frankly harder than any Souls game. It took me a good while to figure out how to progress past the first area, and to keep my levels high enough just to survive encounters with enemies that plod along at all of 1 mile per hour.

Then there's the Ancient City itself, a massive hub level that connects all the major areas in the game. At that point, progress is made by inches. You slowly tunnel your way into a new area, only to find that you have to head right back to the center of the hub, recoup and gather up resources before attempting to advance just slightly further next time. Eventually you make a breakthrough, then it's onto the next hellishly difficult area to make more progress by inches.
>>
Otogi tho
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.