[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the "Why didn't frodo and sam fly the one ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

File: Yre1o.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yre1o.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
what is the "Why didn't frodo and sam fly the one ring to mordor" of video game plot-holes?
>>
>>378377603
But that's not a plot hole.
>>
The birds were basically otherworldly neutral things in that lore and Sauron had tons of shit to wreck them with if they tried. They neither had the talent nor the will to do it. If you need a plothole, how bout the fact that sauron didn't sense Sam when he put on the ring in Mordor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_MDxgWO4Y
Kudos to Ubisoft for actually doing something cool and making an entire alternate ending out of this
>>
Roland dying in Borderlands 2

why didn't he just comeback in a New-U station? also he took a billion bullets in him yet one single fucking bullet kills him?
>>
>>378377603
Even ignoring that the Eagles would get fucked if they tried to go to morder when Sauron was still there, remember that the original plan was to have a full party of competent individuals who would have made the whole trip easier, but their party got seperated at the end of book one.
>>
>>378377603

>why can't they just use a Phoenix down on Aerith?
>why does Raiden use Lightning in MGS4?
>>
There isn't one because nobody cares about video game stories.
>>
File: 1483495761862.png (169KB, 268x223px) Image search: [Google]
1483495761862.png
169KB, 268x223px
>>378377968
Come to think of it, why didn't Handsome jack just block the vault hunters from using the New-U?
>>
Everything to do with the reveal of the traitor in the Telltale Game of Thrones game. IIRC Everything about the backstory of the two candidates makes no sense for them to betray the Forresters to their worst enemy. The Maester is the only one with the means of fast communication and is constantly suggesting to completely surrender to the Whitehills also he has the background story that would allow for the perfect motive to betray you.
>>
>combine advisors have access to a portal to the rest of their empire and can call in reinforcements at any time
>know gordon is a major threat to them and know they must stop him
>make no attempt to call in the kinds of forces that destroyed every military on earth in seven hours and instead send poorly trained cops after him before gradually sending in very small numbers of soldiers with human military training the likes of which gordon already contended with and defeated

Why didn't the Advisors just call in another army at the very beginning?
>>
>>378378757
because he wasn't a major threat in the beginning UNTIL the citadel was blown
>>
File: 649162.jpg (353KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
649162.jpg
353KB, 2500x1875px
>>378377603
How did beta grove get all the way to tau ceti so fast without FTL technology?
>>
>>378377917
the books weren't like the movies nigga, every time the ring was put on Sauron couldn't tell exactly where you were, and Sauron had no reason to believe that they would even be in Mordor, because he couldn't even imagine that anyone would want to destroy it.
>>
>>378378141
Why did Raiden have to stop a fucking bunker with his body instead of just grabbing Snake and going somewhere else?
>>
>>378378757
>>378378973

Breen kept smoothing things over with them concerning Freeman in order to save face and stay in power, trying to deal with the problem himself and obviously failing spectacularly.
>>
>>378378973
It's been awhile, but isn't there even a little scene where you walk in on Breen talking to an Advisor claiming everything is a-okay?
>>
>>378377968
>>378378238
IIRC, New-U stations aren't supposed to be canon, but, surprise surprise, Anthony Burch is a shit writer and made them a part of the lore while giving them voice lines.
>>
>>378377603

>war in The North

>you can even ask gandalf that.
>>
>>378377917
>>378378049
Well, one of them was able to rescue Gandalf just fine from the middle of another fuckhuge enemy stronghold, and nobody so much as tried to take it down.

The neutrality thing is also bullshit - they helped out both on that occasion and after Sauron had been taken down. Plus, they do have a sense of self-preservation, don't they? I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world.
>>
>>378379570
The Advisors were concerned but never thought gordon as a major threat. breen did tho

i mean if i heard that there's a single man that could destroy a fucking army, i wouldn't believe it.
>>
Why didn't Alduin just leave Helgen alone so that the Dragonborn would be executed without ever becoming a threat to him?
>>
>>378377603
Death in Final Fantasy makes no sense because Phoenix downs exist.
>>
Those rocks blocking your way to Drangleic Castle in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>378379646
WAR IN THE NORTH

if you haven't played it, STFU and go buy it pirate it w/e the fuck.

(although co-op is the best shit ever, so fun)
>>
>>378379724
I never bothered finishing the main story, but how was Alduin supposed to know he was about to be executed?
>>
>>378379859
better yet, how was he supposed to know he's a dragonborn?
>>
>>378379646
>I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world.
They can fuck off to Valinor once necessary just like the elves were doing.
>>
>>378379859
he didn't, from my understanding he was banished by those nord heroes to the future, which just happened to be right when the dovahkiin was getting executed.
Elder Scrolls player characters have special destinies and the universe works towards their favor. It's why the hero of Kvatch was given the same cell that the emperor's secret exit was in and why the nerevarine survived the trials despite very possibly not actually being the nerevarine
>>
Why didn't the party actually bother asking the bosses in Bravely Default their motives?
>>
>>378378562

>tfw telltale will never make a sequel because they wrote themselves into too many corners
>>
>>378379646
It didn't siege Isengard, it flew in and escaped with Gandalf when Saruman was distracted. Mordor was far more fortified and dangerous than Isengard and Sauron was far more powerful than Saruman even sans the ring.
>>
>>378378238
cause everytime you die you give hyperion money, Jack probably just considered the players to be cash cows due to being killed so often
>>
>>378377968
>>378378238
>>378379597

Don't worry Borderlands 2 has about twenty other plot holes

>why did you need to do all that bullshit to enter the Bunker if Roland and Lilith could just walk in off screen at any point? Roland literally just climbed the mountain
>why did I need claptrap to drop a single energy field that Brick's buzzards fly around?
>why can't I ride Brick's buzzards to the top and ignore all these ground-based defenses(i.e. mortars)?
>why do I have to get explosives to "fix" a bridge later? why do I give them to Buzzards, which can fly, to get over a gap, in the ground?
>why does cut audio suggest Handsome Jack poisoned Wilhelm before his fight? If Wilhelm kills the vault hunters he wins. If the vault hunters kill Wilhelm they get the shield pod and he wins.
>why does nobody care if Maya goes into Bunker?
>why does Jack not launch a volley of missiles at the floating Sanctuary city to test their shields and Lilith's hilariously shitty bluff? He shells the city once a day for god knows how long, suddenly we're out of moon shot mortar?
>why does Jack leave Helios to be the last boss? He automatically wins if he just waits for Sanctuary to run out of shield generators. Or if he just tried shooting it after it started flying.

I was also a big fan of Pre-Sequels plot holes.

>why did I just do all these quests to give Jack an AI army and NOT USE IT to retake the Helios Station?
>>
>>378380423
>>378380423
>>378377968
The real question is why didn't Jack use a New-U station to come back?
>>
>the reason enemies respawn in Borderlands is because they have New-U accounts
>>
You can make like 8 questions about the ending of Nier
>>
File: 1406052586680.gif (983KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1406052586680.gif
983KB, 245x160px
So in wolfenstein: the new order, it tries to retcon all the spooky magic shit as as jewish super-science but how does that explaion Wolfenstein 2012's ether and shit? That shit had straight up lovecraftian alternate-dimension shit going on, so much so that the city was getting torn apart and dragged into the other world. Did Death's Head forget all about that after the zepplin crashed on him?

>>378379168

I thought the explanation was psychic teleporation?
>>
>>378380468
You're forgetting who the lead writer was.
>>
>>378380518
got me there anthony burch IS a shit writer, although the new u stations have been around in the first one too despite burch not having been there
>>
>>378380518
Jesus christ the whole respawning stations were literal plot-holes itself
>>
>>378377603
Why didn't Mario just fuck Luigi's boi pussy and say fuck it to the Princess?
>>
>>378380086

not always, keep in mind you're not the first neverrine, just the only one to actually get anywhere.

A key thing to keep in mind about Elder scrolls lore is that a lot of sources are unreliable and the only people who know are either liars or dead.

Most of the main quest was you fulfilling the prophecy by hard labor.
>>
>>378380787
the first borderlands never acknowledged the New-U stations for a good reason.

second one however, anthony fucked it all up
>>
>>378380643

Fairly sure it was explained somewhere in the game that the nazis discontinued their supernatural research, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood which is a prequel has supernatural stuff in it
>>
>>378381054

The old Blood heavily, heavily implies it was all ancient science that was mistaken as witchcraft. And since it retcons RTCW, it means the setting is throwing awawy all the supernatural shit.

I would get why RTCW's deathshead would ban all supernatural research but in wolfenstein 2012 he was all on board once he realziexd he could make magitech.

Deathshead isn't the fuhrer, you can't tell me that Himmler or the other occultists wouldn't start that shit up as soon as they could, and Isenstadt is still being dragged into the ether regardless of if research is being done there or not
>>
Why didn't Saturos and Menardi explain everything to Issac and the party?
>>
>>378380894
But then how was he supposed to get some dragon cock action?
>>
>>378379646
they help gandolf cause they were his frens >:P
>>
>>378377603
Air defense, anon. Sauron spent a lot building his eyeball laser tower and he's just itching for something to come in range.
>>
>>378380468
Jesus fucking christ, I never even thought about most of these.
>>
>>378381339
I forget mostly everything but didn't they want to unlock the power of alchemy for themselves? Or were they the ones trying to shut down the lighthouses?
>>
In Vampire the Masquerade

so what happened to Grouse or whovere the malkavalian's head was? When you find him, he's ash, but from everything else, when you hit final death there is nothing left of you. Wouldn't him not being fully dead fuck up everything that happens after?
>>
>>378381569
they were activating the lighthouses to stop the world from eroding
>>
>>378381603
Do you remember the emails of chess moves? "A pawn has moved" etc?

Grout has been talking to you the whole game, he predicted the werewolf attack in a painting
>>
>>378381890

I always thought that was the Morpheus looking guy since he seemed like the type to send people weird emails like that
>>
File: judy.jpg (13KB, 323x294px) Image search: [Google]
judy.jpg
13KB, 323x294px
how come the well is drained in the future before you go back as child link to play song of storms but you still have to plant all the floating leaf platform things before they appear?
>>
>>378381029
Clap Trap explains how they work in the tutorial of Bl1, death and dismemberment insurance.

Also the Knoxx DLC ends with the vault hunters exploding.
>>
>>378381268
Nah you gotta ignore that its obviously jewish space magic.
>>
>>378377603
the final act of witcher 3
>>
They say in the story that their entire reason for traveling that route was to avoid being noticed, which is what the diversion at the front gates was for.

>Sauron notices eagles
>focuses on them when they get within range and burns their minds from existence
>>
>>378380643
I thought it was funny they basically admitted there is a Zionist technocratic cult against goys.
>>
>>378380468
>Why does Moxxi help Jack despite being an ex
>Why is Moxxi already Jack's ex?
>How the fuck did they even meet?
>How is Jack, a low level programmer, able to pay extremely skilled and expensive mercenaries?
>Why is Moxxi on the moon anyways?
>>
>>378378141
because phoenix down restores people from KO status not death
>>
File: RichEvans9.jpg (83KB, 900x705px) Image search: [Google]
RichEvans9.jpg
83KB, 900x705px
>>378379597
>New-U stations aren't supposed to be canon

This would make sense but there is a sidequest that requires you to kill yourself, with dialogue from Handsome Jack even. The idea of a planet full of crazy people killing themselves and coming back to life with a distant and heartless corporation making money from their deaths was pretty interesting. It was even vaguely hinted at in Borderlands 1 that the vault quest was happening over and over again ("turtles all the way down," Marcus telling you that you we will be doing this again soon). It just seems like the writers made the New-U stations non-canon because they weren't creative enough to write a story around that.
>>
>>378377603
Nazgul you idiot and the poison gas clouds and the fucking eye of Sauron the is ever watching Mordor and armies of Orcs that can shoot at the Eagles.

There was a reason you had to sneak in because no force of arms could beat their way to the mountain. It triggers me how people still think the eagles flying the ring into mount doom is a plot hole when it would have been the quickest way to lose the ring in reality.
>>
>>378382667
Simple : Jack doesn't have a New-U because he's a narcissist and believes there can only ever be one of him anyway, or he believes that your consciousness dies with the original you anyway so there's no point and it's just a scam that player manages to use usefully which would fit in-universe.
>>
File: 1495171123507.jpg (215KB, 645x709px) Image search: [Google]
1495171123507.jpg
215KB, 645x709px
>>378381985
>Windmill guy mad that someone played the song that messed up the windmill
>He teaches you the song
>You play the song in the past
>It was you the whole time
>Where did the song come from
>>
>>378382494

I thought that they were dead and forgotten for so long no one remembers that they even existed
>>
>>378382872
if the telltale stories are canon then he was building a robot body to upload himself into
>>
>>378382847
sneak a single griffin in with one dude on it's back

or use a catapult
>>
>>378383027
That's because the Nazis won.
>>
>>378383029
That's neither multiple clones of Jack nor the original version dying and new clones being pushed in. That's a consciousness transfer into immortality.
>>
There is a GIANT EYE that has fellbeasts and other flying nasties at its disposal that would see a giant eagle.

Plus the eagles never gave a shit until Gandalf made a deal or something. The real answer would be to try to get Bombadil to help.
>>
>>378377603
I'm pretty sure Sauron would've easily spotted a bunch of gigantic eagles flying into Mordor.
>>
>>378382663
>Enemy casts lvl 3 Death on lvl 99 character
>Use Phoenix down
>It works
Explain that, retard
>>
>>378383718
death causes your character to be knocked out
>>
>>378380643
Wolfenstein 2012 is soft cannon. Magic still exists, see The Old Blood for further details.
>>
So the Nazgul find the Eagle(s) flying to Mount Doom, and they wreck their shit and now have the ring. On top of which nobody really knew what would happen once the One Ring was destroyed.

Subterfuge above all else.
>>
>>378377603
Booker destroying an airship while on a multidimensional fetch quest to obtain an airship in Bioshit Infinite.
>>
File: 1483310384754-1.png (275KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483310384754-1.png
275KB, 480x480px
>>378379646
Saruman's forces don't have anything to do with Sauron's, Saruman at that point was basically a retard with a magic stick. He was still making his Orcs when he kindnapped Gandalf.

>Plus, they do have a sense of self-preservation, don't they? I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world

Nigga they can just fuck off to Heaven if Middle-Earth gets destroyed, they were literally created by the second-in-charge of the universe, and boy does that man like his eagles.
>>
File: bioshock_2_01.jpg (141KB, 680x697px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock_2_01.jpg
141KB, 680x697px
>>378378238
Why couldn't Atlas figure out how to use the Vita Chambers on himself, especially since they are 100% canon? I know the game says that only Ryan and his family can use them, but you can work around that since Delta comes back from the dead at the beginning of Bioshock 2.
>>
Why doesn't any of the sonic team just kill eggman?
>>
>>378384042
The bigger plot hole is that Booker doesn't recognize himself in a beard.
>>
How can Tracer take off her chest piece and use it as an explosive without fading into the abyss of the space time continuum
>>
>>378377603
>Why didn't [Japanese] game character shoot villain while villain was talking about the hole plot right in front of him?
>>
File: delayclose.jpg (97KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
delayclose.jpg
97KB, 380x247px
>>378377603
>tfw they didn't just bring the one ring to the undying lands where sauron couldn't touch it

its like they were daring frodo to fail
>>
>>378384382
DNA coding
>>
>>378384630
Because Reaver stole my kill
>>
>>378384646
>bringing the most evil thing in the world to Literally Heaven
yeah lets see how that would work out
>>
>>378384845
pretty sure the maiar could just will it out of existence at that point
>>
>>378384504
>Encounter a DNA-linked lock to the gate for Comstock House
>It is the only DNA-linked piece of technology in the whole of Columbia
>Apparently even Comstock himself is locked out of Comstock House because Booker cannot open the gate with his own hand
>Liz gets the idea to grab the hand of her dead stepmom, who has been dead for 20 fucking years, and assumes that she hasn't been removed from the DNA-lock programming
>Have to fight that goddamn quantum-ghost-necromancer-mom bullshit three identical times because Liz's powers "malfunction" due to a "mini-siphon trap"
>Said ghost then simply blows up the gate instead of having anything to do with that fucking DNA lock

Bravo Levine.
>>
>>378377603
Half the shit that happens in the Legacy of Kain series.
>Why doesn't Moebius just fuck Kain with his paralysis staff at any point?
>Why doesn't Moebius destroy the time streaming devices, chronoplasts, and chambers, etc.
There's tons of story-ending scenarios like this with Moebius alone, and Legacy of Kain sucks shit. I don't know why people say this shit is good.
>>
File: 1491820762115.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491820762115.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>378384646
>last time the gods got into middle-earth affairs they sank half of the continent and also indirectly commited mass-genocide of an entire human subrace
>decide to just fuck off and throw old incompetent wizards to do their job "indirectly" after that

Also Sauron would have still conquered everything even without the ring. He had infinite Orc armies and even though Minas Tirith "won" the battle they wouldn't endure another assault.
>>
>>378385054
Moebius was a slave to the elder god, he had no will of his own
it's magic i don't gotta explain shit
>>
>>378384951
I doubt the maiar would still be happy with some little shit bring dark magic into their realm
>>
>>378385241
He was 100% an individual. The Elder God can't enslave shit, otherwise he would have enslaved Raziel.
>>
>>378385282
nobody said they had to like it, especially if gandalf was the one bringing it there they'd be hard pressed to tell him no
>>
>>378377924
this is rad as hell
>>
>>378378757
A number of reasons really. Maybe it would be viewed poorly by Combine command if the Earth advisors needed help controlling a world they had already crushed so they stuck to what they had on hand due to political concerns. We know Breen was busy trying to save humanity by proving their worth, maybe he convinced the Advisors to let him handle it alone. Maybe the Advisors didn't really consider Gordon a threat until after he blows up Nova Prospekt and threatens the Citadel.

There are much bigger plotholes than this.
>>
File: 1495843656072.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1495843656072.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>378377924
>tfw no campaign where you BTFO hordes of terrorists while Pagan makes snarky comments
>>
>>378380161
Because if Braev told them Airy was a monster trying to destroy the omniverse, she would kill them all right there. Most of the other bosses were just massive dicks.
>>
>>378384504
Nigga you can fool people into thinking you're someone else by walking away for 5 minutes, changing your hat and coat and talking to them again

Are you implying you could identify yourself no matter what changes had been done to your face?
>>
>>378385013
Even better
>go and destroy the siphon
>in a different universe so this siphon wasn't even attached to her
>siphon didn't really do anything anyway
>another Elizabeth right there in that tower
>don't go get her
We could fill the thread with this game alone
>>
>>378377603
>Implying that the eagles could get past the flying ring wraiths
>>
File: 1429392147173.png (542KB, 1157x872px) Image search: [Google]
1429392147173.png
542KB, 1157x872px
>>378384042
All of Infinite is a plothole.
>>
>>378380161
Why didn't they figure out Airy was a fuckface after that lava bridge part
>>
>>378387094
They figured it out later and bravely defaulted to keep doing what they were doing. Basically they're all retarded.
>>
>>378377917
>the birds work for the chief "god" of the lotr pantheon
>chief god has a history of btfo-ing sauron's master
>chief god participated in a massive earth-shattering battle against sauron's master spanning several ages
>chief god's servants can't be arsed to fly for a few hours and drop some midgets off near a volcano
>>
>>378380640
The replicant system was kind of confusing.
If the souls were separated from the bodies,
and the bodies put somewhere safe, when did they just get up and walk off? How were children born? Do they have souls? What about Kaine, how was she born? Are her parents her actual parents?
I haven't gone through the Grimoire Nier yet, but this really had me confused for hours when I really thought about it.
>>
>>378387269
>flying into mordor
>that simple
Nigger do you know what a fellbeast is?
Only reason the eagles got the drop on them in the Battle of the Morannon was because the ringwraiths were preoccupied with the forces on the ground.
>>
>>378377968

The best explanation is that the Vault Hunters were removed from the New-U network, but the New ones were added for the sake of their little trojan horse plan. Angel, who appears to do all of Hyperion's tech management on Pandora, keeps you in the New-U until You kill her. Roland dies because he hasn't been registered to the Dahl or Hyperion network for years. You still respawn because Jack doesn't have anyone to easily reset your permissions, and is busy with his thing.

It still falls flat on its face with Jack dying though.
>>
>>378379793
isn't made by tolk
isnt canon
>>
>>378387295
>If the souls were separated from the bodies,
and the bodies put somewhere safe, when did they just get up and walk off?
The villages were the safe spaces and they had androids watching them.
>How were children born?
They weren't
>Do they have souls?
No
>What about Kaine, how was she born?
In a Replicant factory probably
>Are her parents her actual parents?
Yes
>>
>>378387730
tolkein purposefully left many things ambiguous and up to interpretation for other people to use his work later on.
>>
>>378387665
anon these arent just big birds
they are primordial spirits that arent even bound to middle earth

not only are there more of them, id imagine that one alone is several times more powerful than a felbeast

>>378387810
quote of him saying that?
>>
>>378387295
>when did they just get up and walk off?
They were used to fight the war against The Legion, then because magitech was rush developed gained sentience.

>How were children born?
They weren't

>Do they have souls?
No

>What about Kaine, how was she born?
Factory made her like everyone else

>Are her parents her actual parents?
Probably.
>>
>>378387917
https://www.worldcrunch.com/world-affairs/my-father039s-quotevisceratedquot-work-son-of-hobbit-scribe-jrr-tolkien-finally-speaks-out

Over 90% of what jrr tolkein wrote was never published and was intended as a framework for his son to flesh out further and beyond
>>
>>378377603
The canon reason why the birds couldn't carry the hobbits/ring is the same reason gandalf wouldn't even touch the ring. It calls to power, it corrupts power. Hobbits are the only race able to resist it at all because they are small, weak and most of all humble.

The birds are on another tier of power compared to the rest of the players in the story, if they were exposed to the ring it might even be worse than even Sauron getting it back. They're not just large birds, they're otherwordly creatures. You could compare them to archangels. You do NOT want them getting corrupted by the ring.
>>
>>378387917
Lotr is Tolkien taking the scenic route to show the reader the points of interest on his lap of ME

Eagle express would ruin that.

Peeps forgetting that Sauron was Morgoth's goddam butler. He's not even a second stringer in Silmarillion.

His ring wouldn't do shit in the western lands, and his wraiths can't do shit to immortal spirit eagles.
>>
>>378380292
Don't worry, just play literally any other telltale game. they're all pretty much identical.
>>
>>378380943
Assuming the prophesy is true, you are the first and only Nerevarine. The others were false incarnates, and tell you as much in the cavern where you get Moon-and-Star.
>>
>>378382667
>but there is a sidequest that requires you to kill yourself
Like I said, Anthony Burch is a shit writer.
>>
>>378387779
>>378388327
Well shit. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>378383143
You're forgetting that things in this setting aren't strictly bound to the physical. The whole point of the story is that only frodo could accomplish the task because nobody would expect him to. He is too humble for the ring to corrupt, too small for the powers chasing him to follow and too weak for sauron to notice him.

It's not just a metaphor, or rather, the metaphor is built into the way the world works. Hobbits have an innate ability to sneak better than the rest of the races because their defining feature is not standing out. Sauron would notice a gryphon in his domain, he would notice pretty much anything that stepped foot within his sight, it's only the combined fact that an army was banging on his door AND that hobbits are literally "beneath his notice". And it was still a close thing, he almost spotted them, anything more powerful than a humble little hobbit would have stood out. Not just because of physical size but because of perceived power.
>>
>>378388586
that article itself states he published it
>>
>>378383385
Bombadil just doesn't give enough of a shit. I'm sure even if Sauron won and took over all of Middle Earth, he'd just leave Bombadil's house with a circle of uncorrupted land because he doesn't want to deal with him.
>>
File: 1409629705905.jpg (133KB, 1720x892px) Image search: [Google]
1409629705905.jpg
133KB, 1720x892px
The entirety of Fallout 3's main story plot.
>>
>>378382872
Except he had body doubles and had robots made of himself and even experimented with cloning. Jack was a narcissist and tough as nails but he very much believed he could die, he just didn't think it would happen at the hands of what he viewed as filthy bandits. In the end it took an army of them and vault hunters to stop him, but stop him they did, and for some reasons Jack doesn't just New-U himself, even though he fully knew he could die.
>>
>>378388649
The Eagles were sacred creatures but not immortal. Ringwraiths and Fell Beasts were even matches for them and Sauron was far more powerful than them. Silmarillion states that First Age Sauron was so powerful in sorcery that he rivaled even lesser Valar, which were greater than Maiar, which he was.
>>
>>378377603
Why did the Institute make sentient synths only to enslave them when robot slaves already existed and worked perfectly?
If they wanted to repopulate with these synths, why enslave them at all?
Why did they kill and replace people with synths instead of presenting the synths as entirely new wastelanders?
Why did they kill everyone in the vault if they needed pure DNA? Wouldn't you want as many backups as possible?
>>
>>378389658
wrong
>>
>>378380468
it really seemed like they had some idea of Jack being under MK and fighting against it to give you opportunities, then never delivered on it.
>>
>>378381029
But BL1 DID acknowledge the New-U stations in-game. Explicitly.
It's BL2 that didn't.
>>
>>378389594
have frodo ride a single eagle into mordor then
mission compree
>>
>>378391253
And then the ring corrupts the eagle. Now you have an extradimensional being of extreme power corrupted by absolute evil. Good job.

Also, the eagle would be noticed LONG before it even got to Mordor even if it somehow managed to resist the ring's temptation. They're not just big birds, they'd stand out like a fucking beacon on the mortal plane.
>>
>>378391559
then fly really high and dive bomb the volcano
not to mention hiding above the ash cloud where sauron literally can't see you

Plus how would the eagle even wear or use the ring
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
bearer of the curse cannot climb
>>
>>378391790
>where Sauron literally can't see you
Why are you even replying when you don't have a fucking clue about anything
>>
>>378392087
are you implying the all seeing eye has xray vision that can actually perceive through the ash ejecta of a volcano
>>
>>378384482
Because family friendly
>>
>>378377603
>fly to mordor
>eye immediately sees them

oldest meme in the book, normie tier joke shit
>>
>>378391790
It doesn't matter if Sauron can't literally see you, a being like the eagle would be blazing on every spectrum of perception, they are so fucking magical.

So the eagle should fly so high that Frodo dies from hypothermia/asphyxiation?

They've got claws. The ring is more than just a magic trinket that makes you invisible.

And for fuck's sake, you're just not getting it dude. The overarching theme is that only the meek can overcome the ring's corruption because they lack the desire for the ring to co-opt and that every time you add a major player things get more fucked up. Getting the eagles any more involved than they did would just fuck things up even more.

That's why gandalf, arguably one of the most powerful players in the story, does very little in terms of raw power. Because every time one of the angels/gods/demons/etc comes to earth and uses their power, shit gets fucked. Continents sink, skies burn, civilizations are erased. If there is a single fucking thing that even a god damn child would realize after even watching the movies it's that the ENTIRE plot of is that power is ultimately harmful to the world. And here's you, saying "well gosh why don't we just invite more super beings?"
>>
>>378390672
1. I think is basically "scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should"
2 probably so none get any ideas of trying to be independent and fucking off with all of their hard work or worse turning rogue and trying to kill everyone else
3 I think the same reason they ever even chose to let you live, just for shits and giggles
4 I think that was explained in game at some point about how you were the only one to have superior genes or the fact that you are related to your son who is now the leader or something like that
>>
File: T9CBQ.gif (1MB, 384x162px) Image search: [Google]
T9CBQ.gif
1MB, 384x162px
>>378392636
What about a catapult?
>>
>>378393135
Now we're getting somewhere. But if we're going for distance, wouldn't a trebuchet be better?
>>
>>378393326
only as a guidance system
the catapult should fire a trebuchet with frodo attached to it and the ring attached to frodo
>>
>>378393425
What if we fire it right over mount doom, then, instead of Frodo, just tie up gollum with the ring.

Then you don't even gotta walk or kill anybody important, just launch the trebuchet, which in turn only has to fire straight down as it passes over the huge gaping hole.
>>
The entirety of Heavy Rain.
>>
File: 1495196669300.jpg (61KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1495196669300.jpg
61KB, 555x555px
how come when I shoot at people in CS GO and I aim directly at their head they don't die but if they don't even try to aim at me they snipe me from halfway across the map?
>>
File: 1455390505757.jpg (88KB, 654x415px) Image search: [Google]
1455390505757.jpg
88KB, 654x415px
>>378393797
Because God hates us.
>>
File: 1445305381144.gif (2MB, 231x239px) Image search: [Google]
1445305381144.gif
2MB, 231x239px
>>378393797
>He plays CS:GO with a crosshair
>>
>>378393797
They've been playing cs for fifteen years.
>>
>>378377924
>tfw Pagan was the good guy the whole time
>tfw they won't have the balls to do this with FC5
>>
>>378393425
Now I like your thinking.
>>
File: Caesar2.png (526KB, 619x568px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar2.png
526KB, 619x568px
>>378377603
if you want the real answer, it's why Caesar didn't check on if the Courier actually destroyed House's securitron bunker under Fortification Hill instead of just taking his word for it.
>>
>>378395901
>if you want the real answer, it's why Caesar didn't check on if the Courier actually destroyed House's securitron bunker under Fortification Hill instead of just taking his word for it.

I blew the whole thing up because I assumed that Caesar would just kill me if I came out with it intact, and I was pretty sure that my character was too weak to get through fighting the whole camp.
>>
>>378377603
If they were neutral why did they fight the ring wraiths at the black gate in the final battle?
>>
File: 1494414519777.jpg (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494414519777.jpg
203KB, 800x600px
If Legion is a HUGE threat, the why do they attack only broken Isles?
This just make no sense.
>>
File: 1441750513951.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441750513951.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>378398420
>mages are watercoolers
>>
>>378398420
And so halfheartedly. There were more demons in a single Warcraft 3 mission alone than all of Legion.
>>
>>378377603
Mass Effect 1 where Shepard believed the doped up, lazy, traumatized dockworker that said saren killed nilus. There's no reason anyone should've believed except the cutscene where it shows what happened
>>
>>378378141
>why does Raiden use Lightning in MGS4?

I honestly thought it was supposed to imply that he was awakening to MGS1, 2, and 3 boss-style super powers.
>>
>>378382642
>How is Jack, a low level programmer, able to pay extremely skilled and expensive mercenaries?

He was embezzling money.
>>
>>378400896
Literally like Randy.
>>
>>378388996
the main theme of morrowind's story seemed to be whether you make your own destiny or it chooses you. azura was pretty much just helping you cause you seemed close enough
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.