[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever pretended to like a game just because your friends/community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: pretending.png (1MB, 1198x944px) Image search: [Google]
pretending.png
1MB, 1198x944px
Have you ever pretended to like a game just because your friends/community all like it? I do that with the Souls series
>>
No because I'm not an inept underage faggot who seeks validation from my peers soley by liking the what's accepted by the populace. Like what you like hate what you hate. Don't be a faggot and just play video games.
>>
File: Max-Payne-1-e1326307583965.jpg (17KB, 300x406px) Image search: [Google]
Max-Payne-1-e1326307583965.jpg
17KB, 300x406px
>>378372823

add the max payne franchise to the list too, while your at it.

They aren't terrible games in comparison to some of the other ones you already listed...I just personally find them to be dull, boring, and repetitive.
>>
>>378373883
>bing bing ya-HOO
>>
>>378372823
>TLoU
>game
>>
>>378374249
Then why the fuck would they add Max Payne if it's not as bad as the rest of the list and you just want it added because you don't personally like it? Who the fuck pretends to like max payne for validation?
>>
>>378373883
How many friends do you have?
>>
No but I don't call it shit to their face like I would on the internet.
>>
Do people really pretend to like Bloodborne to seek validation or don't they just do it to piss off PC users?
>>
>>378372823
Not me but I feel like people do it with Fallout 1/2. No one ever talks about the games passionately like they do with New Vegas, and they're pretty much only mentioned when they're supposedly better than some newer game.
>>
>>378374395

> "Why the fuck would they add Max Payne if it's not as bad as the rest of the list just because you don't personally like it?"

I said it wasn't bad as SOME of the games on the list. I'd still put it up there on the same level as rainbow six.

> "Who the fuck pretends to like max payne for validation?"

I did. For the few days when /vg/ had a functioning tf2 discord, people would talk about max payne all the time.
>>
>>378374501
Not him, but I have several friends who play games, and it's really fucking easy to just be like "nah I don't like that game it's not for me". Be an adult, make your own opinions. That said, most of the games in the OP are genuinely good.
>>
>>378372823
Why is Persona there?
>>
>>378375029
because it's a fucking garbage weaboo VN
>>
>>378375739
No I mean why would people pretend to like Persona to get credit?
>>
>obvious bait image
>>
>>378374249 that's not just your opinion anon. with the exception of the nightmare sequences, all you do the entire time in all the games is shoot through wave after waves of nameless enemies. it is like a lower budget uncharted without the set pieces
>>
>>378372823
What are the "games I actually like, I'm just pretending not to so you'll think more of me" games then?
>>
>>378374894
>For the few days when /vg/ had a functioning tf2 discord, people would talk about max payne all the time.
maybe because they're really good and enjoyable games
>>
>>378372823
I genuinely LOVE Dark souls 1.

Siege is fun with friends but the rest I completely agree with.
>>
File: 1493847683637.png (438KB, 572x636px) Image search: [Google]
1493847683637.png
438KB, 572x636px
>>378372823
>ds1/bloodborne
>persona 4
>some zeldas
>earthbound

No those are all objectively good. Everything else is probably trash.
>>
>>378374501
>>378372823
smells like underage. Working at a college i see these new kids come in and they're so socially inept, I've never seen a generation like it before. It's like almost everyone your age is autistic. It's no surprise you pretend to enjoy things for acceptance.
>>
the only game on that list I play is DF and I play the shit out of it. DF is great.
>>
>Liking Dota
>Liking tom clancy
>Liking tlou
what the fuck
>>
>>378375975

Eh, i just don't see the appeal. The first two games had good stories and setting, but the gameplay is just downright awful. The third game meanwhile had much better gameplay, but horrendously bad story. To this day I have no real idea why /v/ and /vg/ likes it so much. Bullet time has been done much better in other games.
>>
No, but I don't try to be hostile about it as well telling people that the game is shit, well unless it is on /v/.
>>
>>378376010
Earthbound is a mediocre JRPG.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.