[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Metroid >F-Zero >Starfox Which series has been treated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault-6.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-6.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>Metroid
>F-Zero
>Starfox

Which series has been treated the worst?

Which series has the brightest future?
>>
File: 1476553804116.jpg (244KB, 1920x971px) Image search: [Google]
1476553804116.jpg
244KB, 1920x971px
>>378359118
F-Zero has at least been left to rest in peace, Metroid has suffered some abuse.
>>
I'm glad that F-Zero hasn't suffered the same fate as The other two, but I wish they'd just put the good Captain to rest. He's a horrible match for Smash.
>>
F-Zero has been resting peacefully for a while now.

Metroid probably has the best chance to recover and have a bright future. The only real blemish was Other M.

Star Fox is on its deathbed. I don't really understand why either as it's so simple to make a good SF game.
>>
>>378359691
>The only real blemish was Other M.
I take it you enjoyed Federation Force then?
>>
>>378360096
Not him, but it's not a bad game. I loved the main Prime trilogy and I enjoyed FF quite a bit.

I still say FF gets hate because of the timing. If it hadn't been five years since any Metroid game and the last thing we'd gotten was Other M, people would've been way more receptive to it. Even with the chibi look.
>>
>>378359118
>Metroid
>last two games have been horrible
>Nintendo shows no love for the series and there's very little chance it will ever come back

>Star Fox
>really only one or two actually good games
>every game after 64 has been mediocre or outright bad

>F-Zero
>no bad games
>last main game was arguably the best in the series

F-Zero clearly has it the best as it at least got to end on a high note. Star Fox doesn't have much of a future after the misguided bomb of Zero and Metroid is dead and buried.
>>
Star Fox fell off a cliff with Adventures, the 3rd game

It took 10 games to get to Other M
>>
File: 1495006120571.jpg (93KB, 610x622px) Image search: [Google]
1495006120571.jpg
93KB, 610x622px
For reference, this was posted well before Rabbids was finally confirmed real with the title.
>>
File: 1495771774_3 (1).jpg (132KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495771774_3 (1).jpg
132KB, 960x720px
>>378359118
>Which series has been treated the worst?
Metroid, because it's the only good one.

Star Fox and F-Zero are average franchises with a single outstanding game each (Star Fox 64 and F-Zero GX, respectivelly).
>>
>>378359691
It isn't enough for Miyamoto to just make a good game. He feels the need to "innovate". I'd be fine with that if every time he did so it was in a new series, but he and Nintendo in general are very much of the idea that if your new game can even vaguely function as an entry in an existing series, there's no reason NOT to.
>>
File: 123412341234.jpg (83KB, 734x440px) Image search: [Google]
123412341234.jpg
83KB, 734x440px
Even if he does have a twisted, perverted vision of these three games, we probably have Sakurai to thank for preserving these series in the minds of gamers. I'd like to see him make an F-Zero or Metroid game (and Kid Icarus Uprising is the closest we've gotten to a Star Fox game since SF64)
>>
F-Zero is in better shape by default. Better to die with dignity than to live on as a mutilated test subject.

Between Metroid and Starfox, I'd say Starfox has the brighter future. Miyamoto has successors, Sakamoto does not.
>>
File: 1494328708740.png (69KB, 374x442px) Image search: [Google]
1494328708740.png
69KB, 374x442px
>>378360605
>reverse image search shows posted 4 days ago
>mario rabbids info 5 days ago
Swing and a miss there hotshot.
>>
File: etrgerwgweg.png (136KB, 551x522px) Image search: [Google]
etrgerwgweg.png
136KB, 551x522px
>>378361874
Dude I'm not messing with you. I got the image weeks ago. I swear I didn't mess with anything. Not much proof I guess but seriously.
>>
>>378361874
posted the 17th.

http://www.dkvine.com/interactive/forums/index.php?showtopic=13210&st=0&p=473929&#entry473929
>>
Starfox received the worst treatment since it only ever one great game and everything that came after it had completely different gameplay one way or another. Zero was fine for what it was but the timing, the lack of ambition and content killed it, and probably killed the series alongside it. What was needed was a Kid Icarus Uprising-tier reimagination, not a reboot that was Star Fox 64 again but with some motion controls thrown in.

I kinda agree with Nintendo's stance on F-Zero. Aside from the fact that it sold little, there's realistically no way to top GX.

Metroid will pull itself out of its slump once they stop ignoring the fanbase and give it what it wants. I hope Federation Force served as a wake-up call to Nintendo.
>>
>>378359118
Definitely Metroid, F-Zero is dead and Zero at least played like a Star Fox game even if it was too gimmicky. Other M and Federation Force prove that Nintendo don't know what the fuck they're doing with the franchise.
>>
F zero worst because no games

Metroid has the brightest future, no more f zero and star fox is done after zeros sales
>>
>>378362230
Shit, throw it out. Turns out Kotaku had the name and info on the 2nd but no visual proof till a few days ago. Probably snagged the name from there.
>>
>>378359118
All series will have a bright future when Nintendo becomes a third party
>>
>>378360605
I hope this is real.
>>
>Treated the worst
F-Zero
It had possibly the greatest arcade racer ever made, a couple of ok GBA games, and then... nothing. Just left to rot, while Nintendo pilfered bits of it to make Mario Kart better.

You get all this bullshit about "BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE". Motherfucker we don't need to go anywhere. You take GX, make another 16 tracks, give it online, a track editor, and you put it on Switch. That's where you go from there.

Meanwhile, Metroid still gets talked about like it has a future, as if Metroid hasn't already exhausted the lengths of where it can 'go'.

"We don't know where to go from here" is literally only ever applied to F-Zero, and that's ridiculous.

>brightest future
Probably StarFox. They can still save it, there's still hope.

Metroid fans need to get to the back of the line.
>>
>>378360605
>blurred to hell and back
>>
>>378361394
>Uprising is the closest thing to a Star Fox game we've had since 64

The delusion in these threads is always amazing to watch.

Zero was an improvement over 64, no matter what you Pretendos believe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.