[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happened? Does anybody still play this game? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg (253KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg
253KB, 1200x628px
So what happened? Does anybody still play this game? How come it failed??
>>
>>378357708
I don't know. Should I buy Just Cause 3 if I didn't quite like Just Cause 2?
>>
>>378357708
UbiShit happened
>>
>>378357831
I mean probably not. The only thing they really added was the wingsuit. It's pretty much just a slightly prettier, tweaked 2.
>>
>>378357932
>Ubishit
What does that even mean? It's a pretty decent game, it was just shallow as all hell when it first came out.
>>
File: 1486844872183.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
1486844872183.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
>>378357708
the premise is cool the location is cool

bad delivery is what makes the game fail, server issues at launch, people have to line up to talk to npc, bulletsponge enemies etc

its cool that the dev actually cares and even try to improve the game but people already lose interest by then
>>
>>378358207
It means Ubisoft are incompetent and haven't released a good game in years.
>>
>>378358456

>Siege
>Shit

Laffinatyou
>>
>>378358348
>have to line up
What? I don't remember this being an issue..
>>
>>378358456
So you're just jumping on the good ol' 4chan bandwagon, then?
>>
>>378358456
Ubisoft is not one developer. The only original games Massive had made before The Division was Ground Control and World in Conflict, both of which are generally considered to be good games, though I don't think I've ever seen anyone on /v/ talk about them.
>>
>>378359136
World in Conflict comes up fairly regularly, Ground Control tends to be a name you see in rec threads and that's it
>>
>>378357708
It gives endgame loot far too easily, there was no reason to play past a month.
>>
>failed

it's one of the most profitable games in the past few years
>>
>>378358348
>bulletsponge enemies

This.
A semi realistic setting where you have to do 20 headshots @ 10k dmg each in order to kill an enemy just kills the entire game for me.
>>
>>378359928
And when they nerfed it all the Reddit whinebabs started crying and wanted it to be re-casualized. That's the entire story of the game. Reddit even wants the dark zone to be made into a PvE zone because they can't handle the bants.
>>
>>378357708
End game was horseshit. Especially endgame pvp. The gaps between peoples item levels was too large. If you wereny prepared to max out by playing every day religiously, then youd be fucked. Leveling up to 30 was fun because everyone in pvp was the same strength
>>
>>378360085
This is really my only gripe with the game at the moment. Like.. it makes absolutely no sense that my high powered sniper rifle doesn't decimate fuckers, and yet I have to hit them in the head 2-7 times for them to go down.
>>
it's super boring man
>>
90% of the players cant play it properly

i had 1300 hours of fun on it and made legit friends

now i want the division 2 with the entire map being a darkzone
>>
>>378358553
It was at release and even today it's not what I would call great. Especially compared to previous Tom Clancy games.
>>
>>378361119
That sounds awful, anon. No. BUT I think it would benefit from a bigger darkzone and more variety in environments.
>>
They kept pushing pvp into a game tht was based on pve.
>>
>>378358786
It was on release i believe. There was player collision so when quest givers were surrounded by players in safehouses, people wouldn't be able to get to them. So literal lines were formed to get quests
>>
Is wildlands any better or am i in for another ubishit meme?
>>
>>378357708
>cheaters ran rampant through the first month after launch
>Devs went into full denial and refused to fix that.
>Devs start getting spawnkilled by cheaters on their weekly streams in Dark Zone
>Finally fix some cheats/exploits 2 months after
>99% of playerbase left
Truly a masterpiece by UbiShit. The last game from them that I will ever buy
>>
>>378357708
I wanted more Tom Clancy and less bullshit. When i double-tap some hoodie wearing bat swinging nigger with a 223 or 308 i expect him to hit the ground 10 frames later, not 2 fucking damage numbers to pop up and he keeps charging like nothing happened.

I also wanted to be able to tell the NPCs to shut the fuck up, i also should be telling civis to get off the streets and run to the BOO down the road.
>>
>>378362461
No.
>>
Is there any game where SMGs don' dominate over every other fucking weapon?
>fast fire rate
>low recoil
>moderate damage
>standard, sometimes deep magazines
>higher chance to crit than other weapons
>any legendary variant only multiplies these stats
Fucking bullshit being rushed by some SMG-using nigger in the DZ while pelting him from a mile away with a DMR and him pulling a kill out of his ass.
>>
>>378364370
but anon, that would be sensible, and you cant have SENSIBLE from nu-Ubi
>>
>>378363931
Wildlands isn't that fun. I wish Ubi would get their shit together and make World in Conflict 2 and a proper Ghost Recon that was as fun as the console version of GRAW.
>>
>>378357831
Just cause 3 is garbage and just cause 2 is better
>>
>>378365202
Just Cause 3 is just the same game with better graphics and less scavenger hunts and QTEs, it's almost better by default.
>>
>>378360329

Exactly.

That and

>No Story continuation
>Hinting at expanding out with Central Park but it'll be 3 years post launch
>Skeleton crew working on updates

Killed the game. Good potential, especially with Survival mode. Horrible execution.
>>
Anyone that complains about bullet sponge enemies is retarded. It's an RPG. What kind of autist would play Diablo 2 and complain that it takes several hits of an oversized sword to take down basic enemies?
>>
>>378365792
diablo is not a realistic setting
>>
File: 1493564464785.jpg (13KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1493564464785.jpg
13KB, 418x405px
>>378365791
drop the game the 2nd time after they announce the year 2 expansion plans

shame, in term of potential this must be one of the highest potential ubisoft new sub-ip in recent years
>>
Setting a loot shooter in a realistic setting is just a horrible choice, better to abandon any pretense of realism completely and have more interesting skills and a wider variety of loot with more outlandish attributes and specialties.
>>
>ubisoft open world __________
yeah I wonder why it sucked
>>
>>378358553
oh that game that's still in beta for comp matchmaking, the game that right now delayed having new content because it needs a quality of life revamp on just about everything. . . sure
>>
>>378366387
so destiny
>>
I remember when it was being developed they were pushing that it was a survival shooter type MMO that you had to scavenge the city for food and supplies or you would die. Then they turned all the food into temporary buffs instead lol
>>
>Hit 30
>Abuse exploit to get gear on par to compete in the dark zone
>It gets patched
>Find new exploit
>It gets patched
>Find new exploit
>It gets patched
>New exploit found

and then I quit.
>>
>>378364506
Yes.
>>
>>378364792
Easy, make stagger, penetration(armor and environment) and damage falloff a thing. Full auto pistol calibers(9s and 45s) and shotguns(12ga buck) should dominate all engagements at 0-20yd while rifles(223) should be king up to 100yd and DMRs(308) should take the lead up to 250yd where bolt-actions(300win mag) start showing their strength. Wanna drop that fucktard 3 cars to the right to the ground? A 12ga should do the job, might not kill him but he's going to take cover etc.

No more retards charging at you because they know that they might not die right away but the stun is going to make them a sitting duck.
>>
>>378366387
You can say magical monsters can tank a few sword swings.

It makes no fucking sense that any random fucker can take more then a headshot/ 4 shots maximum from an assault rifle when they're supposed to be normal humans.
>>
>>378366358

Same. Me and a few friends actually played pretty regularly and was having fun doing Dark Zone and getting set gear. Once I heard Season Two was gonna be a lot of nothing, just kinda stopped playing.
>>
>>378366358

The fact that Year 2 is so barren speaks volumes about Ubisoft washing their hands after the player base collapsed due to no end-game.

"But Dark Zo--"

Nobody gives a shit about shooting bambi/DayZ clone, bros. Stop trying to make it happen, it's not gonna happen.
>>
>>378358207
>decent game
>having to unload 5 mags into an enemies head
>"decent"
Please fucking end yourself.

Ironically even wildlands failed and it had 1 bullet kills. It was a shitty rehash of division too and had the exact same boring static world.
>>
>>378357708
Probably one of the most attractive games i played, just running round the city was a pleasure. The world felt really resolved and lived in, it's a pity the game went nowhere.

>>378366387
This is why it failed, since everything is realistic it's hard to rationalise upgrades and there are less status symbols to incentivise continued play.

Also it had pretty crap endgame and when it came out hacking was rampant.
>>
>>378368527
Essentially if they just made shit one shot one kill it would have been good??
>>
>>378360098
>Massive employee streams game
>enters DZ safehouse
>ganked when he tries leaving
>respawns
>dies again
>repeats 4 times
>he spawns at nearest DZ checkpoint
>ganking continues
>fast travels across the map
>still ganked
>had to sign off and try a different server

i saw this last week. LAST WEEK.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.