[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started playing this game and I'm having an OK time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: DragonsDogma.jpg (43KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
DragonsDogma.jpg
43KB, 250x310px
I just started playing this game and I'm having an OK time, but playing Mage right now is kind of boring. A lot of standing around and waiting for cast times, and once and a while I'll encounter an enemy I'll do no damage on.

Right now I'm running with my pawn, who's also a mage and 2 warriors. Do mages get any more enjoyable as time go on or am I gonna be casting only better fire balls all game?

To give you an idea how far I am, I killed the hydra and finished the Well quest.
>>
Mage is lame to play yourself. Go sorcerer if you want to cast neato spells. But even then, its pretty boring to wait for 5+ seconds to cast each fucking spell. Stick these classes on your pawn instead, especially mage.
>>
>mage

Found your problem. In all honesty, you should only level a mage until you get augments you want/need if you're doing magic. It's best left for pawns while the player would be better off as a Sorceror. Now, it is possible to do a kind of back-of-the-lines buffer/healer playthrough but you'd really want to wait until you found some well-trained pawns before doing that as you'd be relying on said training to not get fisted by 2h-weapon wielding bandits.
>>
File: 1451162643630.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451162643630.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>378351087
Mod it so your spells take 50% shorter time to cast.

Same with the stamina consumption on running, mod that shit out, game becomes 10x more enjoyable.

Dont listen to "muh cheating" fags, do whats fun.
>>
does anybody else think it's a drag how huge the world is in this game with there being no horse or anything like that

the eternal ferrystone didn't really help to make this less of a walking simulator
>>
>>378351929
>using cheat mods on first playthrough
you have autism frogposter
>>
File: extra creepy.png (943KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
extra creepy.png
943KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>378352390
>when the harspud hits you
>>
>>378351087
Probably the only game i deleted even not finishing tutorial. How such games allowed?
>>
File: 1451207871357.jpg (173KB, 1014x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451207871357.jpg
173KB, 1014x1080px
>>378352110
Listen to >>378351929
If you're on PC you dont have an excuse. Mod that shit out. Use something like http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/193/?

>>378352128
>he considers being able to get around in a normal pace cheating
>in a game which lets you buy almost unlimited amounts of healing items in the first main hub
>which lets you pause the fucking game to heal yourself and your buddies

Whoah watch out guys, we got a HARDCORE gamer over here
>>
>>378352703
Developers designed the game to be experienced that way.

Fuck you kid
>>
>>378352941
Right, and you, the consumer must accept that everything the devs decide is a good idea.

>finally gets the game on pc, unlimited possibilities
>still too scared to make minor modifications for convenience b-because else the devs might get angry
>>
how to make ultimate support mage?
medicant and what other inclination?
which skills are useful other than heal?
>>
File: wut.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>378353958

Utilitarian. Halidom is a necessary spell but you'll eventually also want a sorc with Voidspell if you want to not have to carry a bunch of different status-specific heals.
>>
>>378353958
Utilitarian/challenger or Utilitarian/mitigator
>>
>>378353958
Mine's Utilitarian/Mitigator/Medicant and she does gud.
>>
>>378352110
>how huge the world is
i wish it was huge
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.