[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me why this game is NOT canon. Kojima saying so doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

Convince me why this game is NOT canon.

Kojima saying so doesn't necessarily mean it's not canon. He even says some (most) of it is canon, so why can't the whole thing be canon? It explains why BB was in South America in the early 70s, where he got the Philosophers Legacy, where he got the idea for Outer Heaven, where he met Roy Campbell and Null/Frank Jaeger/Cyborg Ninja, why he became buddy-buddy with Ocelot, etc etc. It fills in so many holes between the end of MGS3 and PW that it's stupid to throw it out just because Kojima didn't have his grubby hands all over it's ever curve from start to finish.

On top of all that, it's a fucking fantastic game. The only annoying part is the recruitment, which is solved in the 2nd or 3rd mission when you get the codec number to automatically do it.
>>
Its not canon because it has a story that is more useful to the overarching narrative of MGS1-4 than PW and 5 do and kojima is assblasted about it.
>>
I don't know
>>
>>378349059
>He even says some (most) of it is canon,

? when
>>
Kojima said the overarching story is canon, not the smaller details.
>>
>>378349371
This

Everything else posted is meme shit and you faggots know it.
>>
I consider it canon because it fills in lots of details and I liked the story.
>>
>>378349254
Why is Kojima so mad about it? He's super famous for metal gear, and PO is popular amongst those who have played it. I think maybe because not a lot of people got to play it he feels like it's not as important since he doesn't get a lot of the praise for the game. It's easier for him to just write it off because people aren't as versed in the story.
>>
It's canon, the only thing Kojima didn't like was the controls and mechanics. Which is funny because he went on and made PW which was only slightly better in that regard.
>>
>>378349059
I didn't like the game. If there was a Metal Gear game set in 1965-1973 that would fucking have HIDEO KOJIMA all over the box art then yeah I guess it wouldn't be canon. But there are neither games that contradict the plot of Portable Ops nor games that are set in the same period of time.
>>
>>378350317
Both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Paing contradicts MG1-2 and Portable Ops plot as fuck
That's why Kojima is a shitter and the whole MGS plot is pile of garbage
>>
How can anyone honestly think BB isn't the best Snake considering he lived through the events of Snake Eater, PO, PW and V?
>>
>>378350543
How so? I'm not as familiar with 1 and 2 and I am with PO and GZ/PP
>>
>>378350543
Explain how
>>
>>378350548
Because SS beat him twice
>>
Terrible argument "Kojima saying so doesn't necessarily mean it's not canon."
They made it so that's exactly what it means.
By that logic every sonic oc has a possibility of being cannon
>>
>>378350668
Well, actually once
>>
>>378349059
>Cyborg ninja
YOU'RE THAT NINJA
>>
>>378349059
Its partially canon because it fucks up the "J" linage, also Kojima just got ass mad because he didnt write it, hence why the "left all that shit back at Heronimo Peninsula" or some shit like that Miller says
>>
The fact that Big Boss took part in operations at that location and that time is canon. The events depicted in the game aren't necessarily canon, and its depiction of Gray Fox is specifically non-canonical according to Kojima.
>>
>>378349059
im pretty sure miller briefly mentions it right?
>>
Is Metal Gear Ac!d canon?
>>
While we are at it, which game did you like more: PO or PW? I dunno, I hated both. PW is slightly better in my opinion.
>>
>>378349059
>He even says some of it is canon
That's even worse than saying it is or isn't canon, the fuck is "some" supposed to mean here?
>>
>>378351232
In PW, in the first mission, Miller mentions that he's glad to be leaving all the crap in San Hieronymo behind.

That's also when BB met Kaz, fighting in small conflicts in the region.
>>
>>378351284
way on the future, so probably it is
>>
File: Kojima.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>378349059
He's just mad and salty someone else wrote a better plot that actually explains things instead of ''nanomachines''.
>>
>>378351220
>Kojima just got ass mad because he didnt write it
This.
This is the only reason PO isn't canon, or at least fully canon. Kojima is just an egotistical hack and since he didn't make the game its not really part of the series.
>>
>>378349059
CONTROLS SUCK BALLS
>>
People didn't like the origin of Grey Fox so NOT MUH CANON
>>
>>378351379
I have probably hundreds of hours in both PO and PW on my PSP (the original fat one, got it back in 2005 or 2006 but I don't remember). PW is definitely the more refined and streamlined game, but PO has it's own quirks and is super fun. It's a shame there's no way to play it without buying an old PSP as far as I know. PW got an HS release on the PS3 and I'm actually playing through the HD legacy collection on PS3 right now. Not looking forward to S ranking all those vehicle boss fights again, but once you know how they're not too bad.
>>
>>378351284
Could be, like around the time MGR takes place.
>tfw we will never get a Ac!d 3 with MGS4, PW, MGSV and MGR cards
>>
>>378350668
one was bb, the other was venom
did you even play it you dumbfuck
>>
>>378351467
>>378351284
it's not.
>>
>>378351684
In hindsight, Null was a lot better than the "Para Medic experimented on him, thats it" that we got.
>>
>>378351795
can you prove it?

Kojimbo never said it wasnt
>>
I say this with full sincerity when I believe that this was the last MGS with a good story.
>>
>>378351865
Isn't acid the sequel to ghost babel, which is itself considered non-canon?
>>
>>378351696

>It's a shame there's no way to play it without buying an old PSP as far as I know.
>Ignoring the fact that MPO and MPO+ are on PSN and can be played on the Vita (with remapped camera controls with the second stick at that)

Really dude?
>>
>>378351696
You can play PO on Vita.
>>
>>378351684
People? You mean Kojima? I bet he liked it so much he got mad about the fact that he didn't write it himself.
>>
>>378352117
>>378352141
Sorry I didn't know. That's pretty cool actually. I've been thinking of getting a vita for a while, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. The second and third metal gear solid games are available for the Vita as well, right? Anyone know if they're good ports or kinda shitty?
>>
>>378352117
PO didn't work on the vita for fucking YEARS, not that surprising he doesn't know.
>>
What's the difference between Portable Ops and Portable Ops+?
>>
>>378352571

PO+ is just a mp focused expansion. It's pointless and a waste of space.
>>
>>378352571
PO is the base game. PO+ is like a series of minigames, but no real story behind it. Gameplay and controls are similar, but PO+ isn't actually anything more than a series of missions you complete is a row. I think you need PO to play PO+ though, like you need a save file from PO to load into PO+, that's how it works on the PSP anyway.
>>
>>378352571
portable ops has story mode, plus mode is just a glorified online mode with infinite missions and best soldiers drops
>>
>>378352571
PO+ is an expansion sort of, with a focus on an endless randomly generated map mode and multiplayer. It doesn't have a story mode.
>>
>>378352321
Get a Vita TV, get an external USB drive and you are set. Piracy, baby!
>>
>>378352902
So you can just download Vita games and play them with a PS3/PS4 controller?
>>
>>378352282
Well he did say Gray Fox's character ended when his voice actor died.
>>
>>378349059
Kojima is mad because this game proved he was a hack.
>>
>>378353004
Not only Vita games, PS1 games, PSP games and PSP emulators too.
>>
>>378349059
PO's story >>> PW's story
>>
>>378353975
Nice. But I do love my PSP, and having an even bigger library in a portable package with a Vita is tempting. What was /v/s problem with the VIta again? The memory sticks are expensive? Other than that is it a pretty good handheld?
>>
I swear /v/ has the weirdest hate boner for kojima ever. The game isnt considered largely canon because the original creator and main writer of the series didnt write its story. Why does this fact trigger so many faggots?
>>
This had a better story than PW and V
>>
it's cannon and mgs4 mentions it
>>
>>378354921
Because it's the best game post mgs3, that's why.

Kojima is a hack, who honestly should have stopped years ago
>>
>>378355270
>Best game post mgs3
You would have to be literally autistic to think this.
>>
>>378354881
I do too. PSP is just comfy but from a technical perspective, it aged like milk. I still play it on car trips and work when I'm not busy (lots of time)
>>
>>378349059
It is canon. It not being canon is literally an old meme by salty consolefags.
>>378355687
No MGS game since then has had a decent boss fight and the story and music on PO is better than what followed.
>>
File: 1496004555433.jpg (72KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
1496004555433.jpg
72KB, 598x792px
>>378355687
>>
>>378349059
what's up with those metal stockings?
>>
>>378355930
Snake wants to protect his thigh virignity
>>
>>378355875
>It is canon
But it isn't ALL canon, which is the issue. If some of it is canon, why can't all of it be canon? Why do we let Kojima get away with picking and choosing shit from this game to keep and some shit to throw away. Why aren't some parts of it canon? Did they not really happen? If not all of the story is canon, it leaves us wondering about things and Kojima has shown he simply doesn't care that there are holes left in the story even though they would be explained by this game.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.