[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 2017 and VR is still niche. I thought it was supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: cd9.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
cd9.gif
2MB, 550x309px
It's 2017 and VR is still niche. I thought it was supposed to be the future.
>>
It might be. The future hasn't happened yet after all.
>>
Somehow you think by adding a headset to motion controls which were already a gimmick you wouldn't end up with another shitty gimmick.
>>
Last time I checked we still live in the present, but the future is gonna come any minute now.
>>
>>378348510
It is, but it's not good enough for mainstream. The reality is that only retards and investors were trying to hype it up to be more than an early adopter product. Even Sony, Valve, etc predicted relatively low sales.

It's really your fault for falling for the shilling.
>>
>>378348510
Gonna be honest I hope it doesn't take off. I don't want it so I hope it flops, I'm fairly selfish.
>>
>>378349558
Well sonny when the future does happen it is no longer the future but instead the present or the past so the future can never happen.
>>
>>378348510
Nobody wants to use sweaty cellphone goggles.
>>
>>378350690
See. The mainstream is too poor for a real VR headset which doesn't foster interest but contempt.
>>
File: vrnaysayers.jpg (409KB, 699x3305px) Image search: [Google]
vrnaysayers.jpg
409KB, 699x3305px
>>378348510
LOL
>>
>>378348510
That's because people confused vr with augmented reality and everyone bought the vr meme they wanted tron and got a pop out children's book
>>
>>378351383
So basically it is going to take more than a lifetime for it to get good...as expected by any sane person.
>>
>>378351635
No, people want VR but they expect they are going to get the matrix and when they don't they are disappointed.
>>
File: lia128.jpg (31KB, 636x457px) Image search: [Google]
lia128.jpg
31KB, 636x457px
i really just wanted to play FPS games with proper real life FOV

but they couldn't even do that
>>
>>378352216
Based on your pic the only thing you want VR for is loli cum cunny shooting with real life pussy vision you sick degenerate.
>>
>>378351650
Kek. Its shocking that a comic with that many recurring panels didn't realize the irony
>>
VR only works for simulator games, for every other genre is a gimmick.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>378348510
Calm your tits nigger. VR tech is barely in it's infancy. VR is in the equivalent stage of the first generation smart phones.
>>
>>378348510
Anything that involves more physical action than pressing a button would never be the future. Brainjacking is the next big thing.
>>
File: 1493571626280.jpg (11KB, 473x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493571626280.jpg
11KB, 473x384px
>>378351383
>those 'comics' that are just some fat nerd ranting about the current state of something
Is there anything worse?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.