[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to beat this game without picking up a gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
Is it possible to beat this game without picking up a gun and using it?
>>
Yep
>>
>>378347078
Yes.
>>
Yes, it's very easy too. This is why I love FO2 over NV, where almost every quest ends in a shooting stand off
>>
Definitely not.
>>
You can't even get a gun worth using until you make it to the third location in the game, unless you already know where to find one.
>>
Possibly.
One thing I wouldn't do again would be fast shot and small guns though.
>>
>>378347323
not sure which New Vegas you've been playing, most quests seem to have speech checks to avoid combat
>>
>>378347078

>What is Power Fist/Supersledge the thread.
>>
>>378347628
>thought OP was talking about pacifist run, this guy turns up and shows me the error of my limited thinking
I've got Int 4 I swear.
>>
>>378347516
The final segment of NV is a Call of Duty style bumrush of the dam. I'm also doubtful that pacifist run is even possible without hours of farming, because skill checks in NV are pre-determined flat values instead of probabilities in FO2
>>
File: owlclave.png (2MB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
owlclave.png
2MB, 1600x600px
>>
>>378348049
>The final segment of NV is a Call of Duty style bumrush of the dam.
You don't need to kill anyone though. Just walk to the boss and talk him down. You know that you can ignore enemies sometimes...
>>
>>378348049
and how the fuck is pacifist possible in Fallout 2?
>>
File: 1468588611326.jpg (56KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468588611326.jpg
56KB, 478x640px
>>378347078
>Unarmed
>Slayer
>Adrenaline Rush
>HtH Evade
>HtH Attacks
>HtH Damage
>Better Criticals

This Kills the Fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gr8Qvczrvc
>>
>>378348395
It's not, you just get others to do the killing for you.
>>
>>378348330
Anon, I'm not saying that NV doesn't grant you peaceful options, but the game obviously was designed around gunplay and thats where most quests lead. FO2 is more balanced and flexible, and playing non-confrontational character doesn't feel like some kind of self-imposed gimmick challenge.
You can probably do a pacifist run of DOOM, doesn't make it good or sensible.
>>
File: 1479269604806.png (907KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479269604806.png
907KB, 720x540px
>>378348401
And and I forgot about the most important one to complete the experience of course.

>Bloody Mess
>>
>>378347078
max luck and perception so you dont constantly miss
take jinxed
play an unarmed character and watch as you constantly crit people and in turn they constantly critically fail
>>
>>378348049
OP just said no guns. He didn't say anything about the myriad of other non-gun weapons.
>>
>>378348395
Run faster than your opponents. Try to get Granite and his mob to kill Horrigan.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.