[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>getting beaten by a bully >you don't die, but lie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: images (54).jpg (13KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (54).jpg
13KB, 443x332px
>getting beaten by a bully
>you don't die, but lie unconscious while the jerk takes your stuff
>when you stand up your money and weapon is gone

>get killed by wolves
>they continue digesting your corpse

Fucking Gothic nails the immersion. Why aren't details like this a common thing in modern RPG game?
>>
>>378337948
because Skyrim got famous
>>
>>378338269
pretty sure that RPGs in general started going to shit since Oblivion
>>
Don't forget this one
>steal clothes from a farmer
>talk to him while wearing them
>he demands them back
meanwhile in TES no one gives a shit you wear their stolen armor
>>
>>378337948
Just stop with your cancerous fan base

>shitty control
>no shield ,no fucking shield in game
>playing as a pure mage is impossible since there is no mama regeneration and potions are also limited .
>>
>>378339379
You don't even have to talk to them to trigger this.Just appearing in their sight is enough to spot your action.
>>
>>378337948
>head for the city
>make a deal with a guy
>guy claims to be important person
>guy gives you a pass to the city but wants something in return
>you take the pass
>in city you meet the guy
>guy asks for a thing in return
>you supposed to snitch some bitch to guards for shady buisness, so the guy can get his spot on the marketplace back
>you snitch him insteam
>guy goes to jail
>you progress in the game
>after long time you go back on the marketplace
>guy's back at place he wanted you to take for him
>claims he told everyone you're a ex-inmate
>noone want's to trade
>guy demands 1000 gold
>>
>>378339379
>Skyrim
>can steal entire heavy suits of armor off the wearer to the point that they are butt-naked with them not giving a shit
>>
>>378339605
git gud
>>
Redpill on Gothic 2

>shit camera view
>your character needs crouching and grabbing animations to pick up objects, making picking up coins and other scattered clutter an absolute chore
>shit dungeons
>enemies don't respawn
>cheesing the game for gold is way too easy, even a 10 year old kid can do it
>fast travel is almost non existent, the portals are shit, and the lack of respawning enemies make it more of a hiking simulator than Morrowind could ever hope to be
>map is consisted of cramped passages and roads despite the """"""""open"""""""" (((world)))
>bugs up the ass
>90% of the mods are german or polish. enjoy no mod
>>
>>378339605
>Shitty control
Having hamhands isn't the game's fault
>Pure mage is impossible
Pure mage rapes everything in game without trying,
>No shield
Nitpicking
>Limited potions
Never had a problem with this.
>>
File: you.jpg (147KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
147KB, 600x436px
>>378340650
>>
>>378340650
>your character needs crouching and grabbing animations to pick up objects, making picking up coins and other scattered clutter an absolute chore

That's actually IRL flaw. Might as well kill yourself if you don't want to deal with this.

>enemies don't respawn
Why would they? Lmao

>fast travel is almost non existent, the portals are shit, and the lack of respawning enemies make it more of a hiking simulator than Morrowind could ever hope to be
>why can't I go instantly wherever I want waaaah

>shit dungeons
subjective

I'll give you the others though.
>>
>>378340650
Your grave mistake was to reveal yourself to be a salty Morrokek, you almost had me
>>
>>378340814
>Never had a problem with this

Because you never played as a pure mage .You probably spend your LP on a secondary fighting skill like archery or melee.
>>
>>378340650
>>enemies don't respawn

they do after each chapter
>>
>>378340650

>shit camera view
Takes a few moments to get used to
You're not a vacuum cleaner like the heroes in most RPGs OF COURSE YOU NEED TO BEND OVER AND PICK UP THINGS FROM THE GROUND
>shit dungeons
They're dungeons: There's shit in between corridors, puzzles and and end boss. What more do you want?
>enemies don't respawn
Not exactly true. Enemies don't respawn in the locations you killed them, but through the course of the main plot, they spawn in new locations.
>cheesing the game for gold is way too easy, even a 10 year old kid can do it
Yes, learning how to exploit Gothic's system is a part of gitting gud
But it's not really a problem, since the areas aren't that big to traverse and are actually interesting in their geography, much like Morrowind.
>map is consisted of cramped passages and roads despite the """"""""open"""""""" (((world)))
Yes, open world, but not a stupid sandbox. It creates a sense of accomplishment, when you manage to enter a new area through challenges instead of "just walking there"
>bugs up the ass
Not really. There are interesting glitches to exploit, but for its time and complexity, it is a very stable game.
>90% of the mods are german or polish. enjoy no mod
Who the fuck cares about mods? This shit isn't overhyped garbage that needs mods to be interesting, like Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>378339975
G2 had the best fucking quests. This game is second to none when it comes to making the NPC feel like characters with agenda instead of just quest dispensers
>>
>>378341616
n it's not even main storyline stuff, it's just something that happens
>>

I don't remember if it was Gothic 2 or Risen 1 where your character would instantly pick up an item without animation when sneaking.
>>
>>378342195
Heh you missed it, it was Gothic 3.
>>
>>378342195
gothic 3 my dude
>>
I will list down the pros and con's

Pros :

>Awesome quests
>Combat makes sense, when a group of wolves are attacking you need to clear those bastards by arrows or long ranged spells not by using swords or melee.
>You are not a OP warrior like dragonborn who can use his/her voice to elimate foes , you know your limits to face which enemies and which not until you progress your character.
>scary dungeons and caves and you gotta plan your staragedy to attack or else you die.
>satisfication of killing a stronger enemy when you have become stronger.
>Resource gathering is fun in game

Cons:
>camera view
>Melee combat can be clunky
>Fear of lack of mana potions

I guess that's it.
>>
>>378339605
>no shield
>you can still block or dodge every attack
What's the problem here?
>>
Is there any chance for Elex, in your opinion?

I mean i chould get over the post-apocaliptic-medieval pseudo sci-fi setting, but in terms of gameplay and music.

Some video preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znOieSu_PRI

I still have hope, mostly because i know that if they fuck this one up, it's over for Pirahna as a company.
>>
>>378341616
I loved how in Risen 3 one of the NPCs would give you a long list of random and ridiculous fetch quests that actually appeared in your log for a brief moment until he tells you that he's just fucking with you and one after another of them blink up as completed with some pity-experience thrown in.

Say what you want about Piranha Bytes but they know how to do some non-sterile dialogue and amusing moments.
>>
>>378339605
Is this bait? Must be, but then again, Gothic 2 is known for bumblasting Soulsfags
>>
>>378342445
dont be a lazy dick, just learn alchemy - potions will be all over the place since forests are large as fuck.
whats that? combat is clunky? naah man just catch the rythm of mechanism, learn enemies - dark soulish style.
>>
>>378342705
I think ELEX will be like arcanum in 3d.If that is the case then I will surely buy ELEX.
>>
Playing mage it's really hard and boring
until chapter 4 you usless and in next two chapters you are overpower
but overall game is really good
>>
>>378340650
>fast travel is almost non-existent
i thought you were supposed to be talking about bad things
>>
>>378342445
>satisfication of killing a stronger enemy when you have become stronger.
Satisfaction of taking stronger opponent down with just skill is far greater.

I remember me and my brother had Moe challenge in Gothic 2. The challenge is that once you enter the city you have to go to the dock area and Moe would want to take you down. You must take him down without leveling up, it was a good way to get some nice amount of exp too. No city guard sissy shit.
>>
>>378342705
if you are an open minded player then it'll b a pleasure for you, just like all the piranha bytes games.
>>
>>378342759
Is Risen 3 worth the play.

I played it before, finished the first pirate chapter, got to some mage castle, but stopped because i saw that it was almost Risen 2 all over again.

After some time i decided to pick up from where i left of but save was gone, so i had to do pirate chapter again, which made me insta quit.

Is the mid game different than Risen , because it's not fun going through that experiance again.
>>
>>378342868
How many mana essence you had during playthrough? Did you play as a pure mage ?
>>
shit game for krauts
>>
>>378343156
never really ran in robes but im pretty sure that there is just enough mana plants, shopkeepers with potions and just potions lying around khorinis, jarkendar and valley of mines that you'ree good with the game till the very end. hit up constantino and learn something about cooking these mana flowers.
>>
File: killing_time.jpg (218KB, 479x731px) Image search: [Google]
killing_time.jpg
218KB, 479x731px
>>378337948
Is Gothic 2 worth trying? For some fuck all reason G1 wouldn't start on my PC, so I'm considering just skipping to 2.
>>
>>378343406
Yes.

Though, it's my personal unpopular opinion, but I prefer the first one
>>
>>378343406
Yeah, although you better play G1, because you will visit G1 playzone later in G2 and it will change a lot.
>>
>>378343065
moe was an example of easy ass oponent, the strategy to some of them was just hit n block eveytime. same deal was with the guy who held the arena behind the storage in docks. harder enemies used complex rythms of strikes, like sentenza from mercenary camp
>>
>>378343406
Gothic 2 is unironically one of the best RPGs of all time
>>
>>378343406
you can just go on second game without any idea about the first one, actually you're supposed to have an amnesia and game will explain things to you (thats some good writing right there)
>>
>>378343556
People think I'm nuts but I liked Gothic 3 as well.
>>
>>378340650
>enemies don't respawn
That is partly not true and the worst argument I've ever heard against gothic. Enemies respawn every new chapter .But I guess it's not the same amount that were there from the beginning. But that's what makes gothic so good. You actually feel like you advanced in the world by killing monsters blocking your path, instead of killing them every god damnt time you're crossing that road again like those fucking flying things in morrowind.
>>
>>378343406
Gothic 1 is mediocre but you gonna lose on a lot if you skip it. Not only many characters return for the sequel, but the entire second half of Gothic 2 takes place in the corrupted version of Gothic 1 map.
>>
>>378343406
>G1 wouldn't start on my PC

Did you tried the GOG version?
>>
>>378343764
>corrupted version of Gothic 1 map
So the usual version of Gothic 1 map?
>>
>>378343731
Gothic 3 with community patch is actually pretty good
not godtier-levels like Gothic 2 but its still pretty fucking good
>>
>>378343731
it's a good rpg
and bad gothic game
but it ruined myrthanas potential
don't blame devs tho
blame publisher, they rushed the game.
>>
>>378340650
Redpill on life

>enemies don't respawn
>>
>>378343406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSc-WRl-0pM
>>
>>378342868
>whats that? combat is clunky?
It very much is. Now, Gothic 2 is a good game, but there are glaring issues that become readily apparent the more time you spend with it. It's a hallmark of Piranah bytes to have shitty combat, I suppose

>The inability to damage anything other than what Nameless hero is currently targeting
>The unreliability of changing the highlighted enemy
>The goddamn fucking crit system fuck me fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>378343406
If you just forward to 2 then you are gonna get butt raped by bandits ,wolves ,bloodfly and all those filthy monster in the beggining so if you like challenge then go for it.

Play Gothic 2 with notr expansion and increase your Dexterity up to 60 and your 1hand fighting skilling to at least above 30℅.Then buy master sword and you will be whooping asses in the game but still you will be no match for orcs,fire lizards and other creatures in valley of mine.To match with orcs you gotta do quest and kill most monster with your master sword in chapter 1 and then level up and make your character stronger to face orcs in next chapter.
>>
>>378343868
naah man, it changed a lot due to some events taking place there - go and see
>>
you guys prefer Classic or Night of the Raven?
>>
>>378344158
I know what you mean, like New Camp turning into a snow dune, or Old Camp being under siege by orcs and different additional mines.

It's just Gothic 1's map wasn't a very nice place in the first place.
>>
>>378343549
Sentaza and Bullco were really tough opponent I faced.Even using master sword against them was of no use.
>>
>>378344331
Night of the Raven
>>
>>378344331
Night of the raven due to more areas and large map and new quest added and plus its very harder than the classic one.
>>
>>378344478
they had this little block block wait(when they are exhausted after second strike) attack mechanism, i remember it pretty well
>>
>>378344379
420 camp with penis snakes was comfy af
>>
File: cor-kalom-foto.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cor-kalom-foto.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>378344774
bob marley 1999-2017
>>
>>378343130
"Awkward" is probably the proper word to describe it.
I played it and enjoyed it but I'd be lying if I said that it was a great or even good game.
Combat is clunky (even if you get all the the stuff like counter attacking that make it MUCH more tolerable) and bringing a companion with you completely breaks it, the story is almost non-existent and some of the ideas it brings to the table like the sea monster fights are fucked beyond believe.
And yet it was fun as fuck to explore the hand-crafted environments that mop the floor with all those boring-ass open worlds in other games and the dialogue has this "foul-mouthed 12yo on a schoolyard" charme that you find in very few titles that aren't by Piranha.
And then there is the final island: it's the usual "combat before anything else" deal like in other PB games but a lot of it feels like someone tried to design an entire island in the vein of a Souls game with its item, corpse and monster placement and overall design and if you'd add some shortcuts and bosses you'd probably end up with what DS2 was once supposed to be like.
>>
>>378344059
>>The goddamn fucking crit system fuck me fuck fuck fuck

This is still one of the most baffling things in the game.
You and your enemy hit each other over and over, doing only chip damage, and suddenly one takes away almost the entire life bar with one hit.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (32KB, 405x363px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
32KB, 405x363px
>>378338269
>Skyrim got famous

Why?
>>
>>378345240
Marketing and dudebro casual normies with no standards infesting gaming.
>>
Only krauts and polacks and ruskies played that shit game.
>>
>>378343130
go hunt demon
>>
>>378340650
>it's another "retard who thinks open world means big empty spaces" episode
G1 and 2 are more open world than fucking bethesda "have to load zones for the smallest of shit" games.
>>
>>378342705
Looks much too similar to R3.

What I loved about G1/2/R1 was the factions and how they gave you certain skills and interesting quests. Becoming a mage in G2 and R1 is such an awesome questline.
But in R3 you just do a bunch of whatever quests and suddenly you're a "mage" aka guardian or whatever it's called in english.

Worst of all was the fact every faction in R3 had magic, and so far Elex looks exactly the same.
>berserker have magic aka direct damage
>clerics use "totally-not-magic" psy thing for healing and such
>outlaws use "totally-not-maguc" stems for self buffs

The fact that quest givers can die if you don't get to them fast enough just sounds like something that gets really annoying after a while.
>>
>>378344331
Vanilla enemy stats and skill progression, but the expansion area is just too good to play vanilla.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.