[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>after the gamecube nintendo went full casual with the wii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: bestpals4ever.jpg (104KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
bestpals4ever.jpg
104KB, 894x894px
>after the gamecube nintendo went full casual with the wii
>after the dreamcast sega went third party and basically became a different company

so what went wrong?
>>
>>378333790
>implying the gamecube wasn't full casual
>>
Both the swan songs of each company.
>>
>>378333790
Inb4 4 controller ports
>>
Wii U was a great console and still has better exclusives than the PS4 and One.
>>
>>378333790
Nintendo focused on the easy dollar. Cheap profitable hardware and minimal but solid software.

Sega lost their leadership and drive to innovate and compete. No new hardware and poorly made software.
>>
>implying consoles in general aren't full casual
>>
Nintendo has always been about the casual audience.
What they fucked up on is adding stupid gimmicks to appeal to people who don't play video games post GameCube.
>>
>>378335438
dreamcast definitely wasnt
>>
>>378334936
Wii U was better than the Wii I guess but still not as good as Gamecube
>>
>>378333790
Sega bought their fate upon themselves and Nintendo felt that it didn't have enough money and resources to continue making powerful consoles that nobody bought.
>>
Video games went to shit because they tried to appeal to appeal to adult men with tits and violence, which made adult women (mostly just moms) get upset, so video game marketing went completely the opposite direction. You used to see lots of ads targeted at young boys, but now pretty much every ad is designed to say that video games are "for the whole family", even though we all know that it's still only males that play vidya outside a few things like the Sims, mobile games, and certain MMOs. This shift in target demographic is reflected not only in marketing, but in all business decisions. Nintendo won the lottery by cashing in on America's constant diet/fitness crazes with the Wii, and that only exacerbated the problem.

This train has been on the same tracks for a long time.
>>
File: ff07.png (614KB, 761x436px) Image search: [Google]
ff07.png
614KB, 761x436px
>>378339741
Yeah, targeting families is only a recent thing. It was totally only about guys.
>>
>>378334790
>implying you aren't a tasteless faggot
>>
File: PlayStation-VS-Xbox-Sales.gif (3MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-VS-Xbox-Sales.gif
3MB, 650x366px
>>378333790
Pic related
>>
>>378341305
Did people actually put their PS2 on it's side like that? No one I knew did and I didn't.
>>
>>378341642
I don't know anyone who did either. but I guess if you're making that graphic and want it to look impressive, it's only human to want it to look as phallic as possible
>>
>>378341642
Yes. It's why the logo on the console rotates.
>>
>>378341305
I'd like to see this correlated to the time they were available on the market.

PS2: 2000 - 2013
Xbox: 2001 - 2009
Gamecube: 2001 - 2007
Dreamcast: 1998 - 2001
>>
>>378341048
Is this a Mormon family?
>>
>>378339741
So Mortal Kombat and Doom killed video games?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.