[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /v/ I am about to start traveling and the only electronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Hello /v/

I am about to start traveling and the only electronic entertainment device I'm bringing with me is an old shitty Samsung N150+ Netbook

can you recommend me some games that are VERY low-end on system requirements that can be played either with only a keyboard or with only a controller?
>>
>>378327232
Just emulate some SNES RPGs and you're good to go.
>>
cave story
super meat boy
snes and older emulators
doom
>>
Hit up GOG. Get some CRPG's, any FPS's before 2002 (System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Quake, Quake 2).

I mean, basic rule of thumb - If it can run on a PC from 2003 or earlier, it should work fine on a netbook. I basically use my old Acer Aspire One as a travelling ROM/Older game machine, when I go to visit family, or on vacation.
>>
File: IMG_1830.png (261KB, 835x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1830.png
261KB, 835x557px
Also get ZDoom or something and play some wads. Also emulators, everything before 5th gen is guaranteed to run.
>>
>>378327232
Why not just postpone the games and enjoy the scenery and whatnot? Try something different for a change.
>>
Ys I&II
>>
>>378329085
why do you even come to the video game board to turn people away from games?

also OP dwarf fortress
>>
>>378329214
Time and a place, not to mention ability to enjoy said games. Its also the same reason I don't recommend people play games on a phone.

You, however, seem to have no qualms recommending that people play shitty mobages or clicker games.
>>
>>378327232
any snes, genesis, gba, etc. games will run fine with an emulator
>>
File: -vr-.png (388KB, 1131x811px) Image search: [Google]
-vr-.png
388KB, 1131x811px
>>378327232
PC:
Open Rollercoaster Tycoon (Business Sim/Strategy)
Open Transport Tycoon (Business Sim/Strategy)
Open Red Alert (also works with Dune 2000 and Tyberium Dawn) (RTS)
Battlezone Redux (FPS/RTS Hybrid)
Battlezone 2 (FPS/RTS Hybrid)
Avernum Series (RPG)
Gene Forge (Series) (RPG)
Monopoly Tycoon (Business Sim/Strategy)
Lemmings Plus Plus (Puzzle)
Lix (Lemmings Clone - Puzzle)
Icewind Dale (RPG)
Baudler's gate (RPG)
Neverwinter Nights (Bioware RPG) + expansion packs + premium models

Oni (Action/Shooter) Some assembly may be required to get it to work on modern systems

Dungeon Keeper / Dungeon Keeper 2 (Strategy/Simulation)

Second Sight (Action/Shooter)
Cultures (Series) (Simulation/RTS(?))
Settlers (Series) (Simulation/RTS)
Startopia (Simulation/Strategy/RTS?)
The Movies (Simulation)

Might Require Dosbox for:
Sim Tower (Business Sim/Strategy)
Exile (Escape from the pit / series) (RPG)
Warcraft 1 (Strategy)

Depending on your space requires consider download entire romsets for the following systems: NES/Sega Master System/Sega Genesis/Gameboy/Gameboy Color/SNES/

No Idea what genres your interested in otherwise i'd recommend some specific console games.
>>
>>378329353
>Suggests Dorf Fort.
>Mobage/Clicker game.

What? Are you a fucking moron?
>>
doom 2
Beneath A Steel Sky (free on gog)
Dwarf Fortress (free)
>>
>>378332089
>Wants to play games all the time
>Thinks phone games are A-OK
>>
>>378327232
-Dwarf Fortress (do map generation before hand, or download a pre-genned one)
-Alpha Centurai
-Faster Than Light
-I'd say Diablo 2, just use joy2jkey and map your controllers right-stick to mouse input.
>>
>>378327232
Nikujin
Cave Story
Hydorah
Prototype II (this one: http://indygamer.blogspot.no/2007/09/prototype-2.html)
Spelunky
SQRXZ

Emulate Wario Land 4 on GBA, DS/GBA Castlevanias, Super Mario 64 DS, etc.
Emulate Spyro 1-3 on PS1
Emulate GBC Link's Awakening DX
>>
File: 1400737360421.jpg (75KB, 593x529px) Image search: [Google]
1400737360421.jpg
75KB, 593x529px
>>378328965

>Sim City 4

This requires and surprisingly powerful PC to run smoothly for a game so old.
>>
>>378332174
Who, at any point, said anything about playing - or even LIKING - mobile games? Is your austimo radar going haywire or something? We're talking about an ASCII text game, here.
>>
>>378333281
This statement
>>378329214
>why do you even come to the video game board to turn people away from games?
In regards to>>378329085
>Why not just postpone the games and enjoy the scenery and whatnot?

Learn to read faggot.
>>
>>378329353
When you have free time and don't sleep as much as the other people on vacation, I see no problem staying awake and playing some old games on your laptop.
>>
Just get a book OP
>>
>>378333513
Try Katwa shojo, I have the same lil notebook and it runs fine.
>>
>>378333840
If you're going to recommend VNs, may as well recommend some of the better ones, like Saya no Uta, Swan's Song, or Planetarian
>>
>>378333408
Again. Who said shit about mobile/Mobage/Clicker games? You've gone full retard, sir.

Lets break this convo down...

>I want some games to play on my laptop while travelling.
>Why not try not playing games and enjoy the scenery?
Okay, well he already stated he wanted some games, so you're not really forwarding the discussion. Alright.

>Don't come to a vidya board to talk people out of playing vidya. Also, try Dorf Fort OP.
Dwarf Fortress is a Text-based "colonization" sim featuring dwarfs that also doubles as a roguelike.

>>378329353
>You, however, seem to have no qualms recommending that people play shitty mobages or clicker games.
Dude never said anything about either of those genres. He suggested a PC only game, that has no mouse support - So definitely can't be considered a "clicker", and certainly isn't a social game.

So either you're a baiting piece of shit, or you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Both are probably accurate, though.

BACK ON TOPIC.

>>378327232
SNES and Genesis roms will work fine, try getting ahold of SS2 and Diablo 2. Also a few fanserver emulators should work. I got Vanilla WoW running on my netbook back when Kronos picked up, and since it was old WoW it ran pretty damn good.

I'd also suggest some roguelikes along the lines of DoomRL/AliensRL, or Infra Arcana if you can handle the ASCII text.
>>
>>378334221
You glossed over the keypoint that was implied in the conversation:
>You must play games all the time
>>
>>378328432
This, get snes emulator and Illusions of Gaia, EVO, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, and DKC Trilogy
>>
>>378334221
You realise how autistic you sound, right? I'm literally cringing over here.
>>
>>378327232
Doom I and II
Quake I and II
Half life/Expansions (or anything made in the Goldsrc/Idtech 1&2 engine)
System Shock 1 & 2
Deus Ex
Fallout 1 and 2
Dwarf Fortress
Age of Empires 1 and 2 with expansions
Starcraft 1
Cave Story
Gang Garrison 2 (Tf2 De-make)
Europa Universalis 1 and 2
Dungeon Keepeer
Simcity 3000
Old Console Emulators
>>
>>378327232
Nethack
>>
>>378335121
>playing Quake on keyboard only or gamepad
Well, it is technically possible, but what the fuck m8
>>
>>378337023
I know it's uncomfortable as fuck
but at least you can play it
also, you can play quake practically anywhere now:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.Q4A&hl=es_419
>>
Commander Keen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (you need a mouse for D).
Corridir
Descent
GTA 1
Duke Nukem
Biomenace
James Pond
Jazz Jack Rabbit
Zool
>>
File: ZD5BjNb.png (48KB, 1155x587px) Image search: [Google]
ZD5BjNb.png
48KB, 1155x587px
>>378327232
_________________UNDERTALE_______________
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.