[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just completed KotOR and wanted to try out the second one but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: KOTOR2-BlogPost.jpg (101KB, 762x350px) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR2-BlogPost.jpg
101KB, 762x350px
Just completed KotOR and wanted to try out the second one but don't know if I should play as a male or female. Any tips? I know female is canon but the romance seems more interesting as a male.

Aso general KOTOR thread
>>
>>378324614
Why not playing it several times to live through everything ?

Spoiler :The tutorial phase is even worse in this one
>>
File: 20170519194006_1.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170519194006_1.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
Underrated Kotor cutie.
>>
I played female. I recall being unhappy with female specific companions and romances.
>>
Male gets the handmaiden, an actual interesting party member. Female gets the disciple who is dull as fuck.
>>
>>378325061
No it isn't , at least if you're talking about Peragus

Telos is pretty shit though.
>>
>>378325061
>tfw used to hate peragus
>actually enjoy going through it now

Taris is worse imo. It's too fucking long.
>>
>>378325281
The voice still gives me nightmares.
>>
>>378324614
Male MC was more interesting to me (you get to play as Space Jesus, can't go wrong with that), but I find romance for both genders pretty weak and forgettable.
>>
>>378325567
>>378325653
>sections with actual choices and depth
>somehow worse than endless hallways of robots and 0 player input
>>
>>378326025
On subsequent runs, yes. Taris is much better your first time running it.
>>
Doesn't matter much, but the story kind of makes more sense as a man. The Kreia interaction and the Bao-Dur interaction is just a bit more aesthetic.

Romances are pretty terrible either way to be honest.
>>
>>378324614
>Any tips?
It's up to you. Ignore 'canon' as it's irrelevant to the game. The game gets even better when you replay it a few times to experience as much as you can, and I'd definitely recommend playing at least once each as male and female, so it doesn't really matter which you play first.
I personally prefer the characters and character interaction with a male Exile, and you said you thought the romances were more interesting they're perfect, so play male first.

Other tips? Make sure you've got The Restored Content Mod WITHOUT the droid planet (this is important) installed. Invisible Headgear is also a good choice, but it depends on whether you're bothered by it or not. Skills are far more important than the first game (due to both crafting and checks) and more important to have on the player character - if you want to be astute in conversation you'll want Persuade as always, but also the ability to pass Awareness checks of 14-16 and Wisdom checks of 13-14; I'd recommend both for any first-time player. The Skill Focus feats can come in handy if you don't have the class skills you want.

That's about everything that seems important. Have fun, anon!

>>378325061
>>378325567
>>378325653
Peragus is fantastic, especially the first time, it's just that you need to pass a pretty broad variety of skill checks to get the most out of it and most first time players aren't going to be able to. Telos' surface is terrible
>>
File: 1452187816174.jpg (50KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452187816174.jpg
50KB, 667x500px
>>378325061
Peragus is god tier. Telos is eh, but still miles better than Dantooine in 1.

>>378324614
Either/or. Sion talks to you differently if you're female. Note that if you wanna smooch Handmaiden, don't talk to Visas too much, or she'll ignore you forever.

DO FUCKING NOT skip out on the restoration mod. It makes the ending good.
>>
>>378326025
The spoopy mystery atmosphere beats choices that I don't care all that much about.
>choose between evil corporation or alien bros that want to heal your force wound
No choice ar all really.
>>
>>378324614
Male is strictly better because Handmaiden gives you the broken ability to add your wisdom modifier to your dex.
>>
Question. On Onderon is there any way to side with Vaklu and not have to kill Kavar?
>>
>>378325281
I don't remember her. Is this a restored content thing?
>>
>>378326564
Yes, one of the only two OCs in the game. But I get the impression she was in there, just didn't have voice work. And for a mod, her voicework is solid, considering you don't hear her breathing into the mic.
>>
>>378326274
I'm on my 3rd planet now and I nothing is really happening with the party members. I've passed every influence check besides one and I still know next to nothing about everyone i've got, please tell they actually start getting quests or more interactions because bringing Kiera just because she's the only one who says stuff is boring.
Not even Bao-durr said anything about the mandalorians, I feel like i'm just being cucked here.
>>
>>378326382
No, siding with Vaklu is going directly against Kavar
>>
File: Kavar.jpg (30KB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
Kavar.jpg
30KB, 350x328px
>>378326283
>Note that if you wanna smooch Handmaiden, don't talk to Visas too much, or she'll ignore you forever.
Oh shit, I forgot to mention this. Thanks anon, this is really important.

>>378326382
_no.
Kavar tells you pretty straight that as far as he's concerned Onderon seceding means the Republic falls, and he has no intention of letting that happen, or of letting Talia fall to a coup that's backed by the Sith (especially because he's too busy banging her)
>>
>>378326812
>>378326725
Goddammit, he's great too. I know Vrook is shoved up his own ass, but I hoped Kavar might be more reasonable, especially since I had a good conversation with him during the fight. I mean, I got Hanharr and Zez-Kai Ell thought me to be spooky but didn't make me fight him.

On that note I discovered that during the Dantooine Enclave battle, if you run back into the main room and "talk" to Kreia, it'll autoend the battle
>>
>>378326274
>Make sure you've got The Restored Content Mod WITHOUT the droid planet

Why not?
>>
>>378324614
Dialogue and interaction is better as a male. The Handmaiden is prime waifu and the relationship with Kiera feels better handled.
Also there is no canon anymore thanks to Disney.
>>
>>378327180
Droid Planet is entirely OC and is nowhere near the quality of the original game. They offer it as a separate download for this reason.
>>
>>378326216
>Bao-Dur interaction
Forgot that one too. The whole "war buddies" act just feels out of place with a female character.
>>
>>378327005
>I hoped Kavar might be more reasonable
he's fucking the queen
>>
>>378327323
Is that canon?
>>
>>378327180
It's shit. You control a single droid in a serie of corridors with nothing to do but shooting at other droids for one fucking hour in an extremely bland environment (the usual pseudo sci-fi mix between a warehouse and an apple store). A section that would be bearable in another genre but very tedious with KOTOR gameplay.
>>
>>378327005
You're right about that, Kavar really is the best Master aside from Atris. I like it, though - because he's the most reasonable of the Masters it looks like you might get a chance to talk him down if you side with Vaklu, but he's adamant and you have to kill him. It adds a lot of weight to the decision of siding against Talia.
>tfw you run into him as old war buddies and he's even friendlier as a Guardian
That said, Vrook might be a complete and utter asshole, but you'll see why he earned his title of Master if you have to fight him on your first or second planet
>Zez-Kai El thought me to be spooky but didn't make me fight him
That's because he's a cowardly chump of a Jedi, considering he spent the last five years doing literally nothing (as opposed to all of the other masters)

That's really cool, anon, in all my time playing this game I've never even thought to try that. And yeah, Kavar is totally carrying on with the Queen.

>>378327534
I don't think it's 'canon', but I remember it being implied (like Kreia's identity, but not quite as heavily). Unlike Kreia, I don't think anyone thought to ask Avellone about it at the time, so unless somebody gets the opportunity we'll probably never know. Kavar did serve on Dxun and Onderon during the Mandalorian Wars, though, and he does seem very loyal to her...
>>
File: 1489326512034.png (114KB, 457x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489326512034.png
114KB, 457x361px
>mfw ignored Atton first playthrough and had all the best gear on other people finding I had to solo the Twins
>>
>>378328787
>Yfw you can just hide behind the bar and they literally do nothing while you shoot over the top
>>
File: 1494898227331.jpg (140KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494898227331.jpg
140KB, 848x900px
>>378328787
>>378328901
PURE
A
Z
A
A
K
>>
>>378329108
It's laughable how much better Atton is than Carth
>>
>>378324614
Do you really think arbitrary canon matters in a dead series? Just play whatever fag.
>>
>>378329265
>that little trash can is probably joyriding around the galaxy right now laughing at us. Laughing at ME
>>
>>378329265
>every single line on Peragus is hilarious
>that ending
>>
>>378328787
That fight got bugged in my playthrough and the twins killed each other instead of going after me. Shit was hilarious.
>>
i'm stuck on this bit and always fucking die before i can even kill one of the droids. any help??
>>
>>378330192
Energy shields
If you've taught Visas any form besides Shii-Cho, such as Shien, use that
Go full ham melee
Use your adrenals
If you absolutely NEED to cheese a fight,
quicksave, attack, cancel combat and turn away before they attack, quicksave, quickload, it's now your turn again
>>
>>378329964
>two twelik sluts duking it out
My dick needs this
>>378330192
This part was rough for me too. Just go all out and always keep an eye on your health. Use absolutely everything you have. All your strongest stuff.
>>
>>378330523
>>378330598
cheers family
>>
I've jerked off to the Twin Suns so damn many times.
>>
Star Wars is the best when it's a bit gritty and worn down. Recently watched Rogue One and the general aesthetic of the film reminded me a fair bit of KotOR2.
>>
>>378329964
>I will kill the handsome jedi
>no I will kill the handsome jedi
>rips each other's clothes off
>>
>>378330523
There is so many way to break the AI in this game, shit is ridiculous. Quicksaving/loading out of their line of sight (like behind pillars, giving you time to recover HP/Force and rebuff yourself, plus another initiative roll), talking to/interacting with them before combat AI kicks in (if the combat happens after a dialogue cutscene, basically while they are "friendly"), triggering cutscenes midcombat (during the solo fight vs the Twins, there is a minor scene you can trigger by approaching an alien couple in the same area, but only if you haven't triggered the scene before. I believe you need the Restoration Mod for this), and dozen of simply bugged encounters that will randomly break before or during combat.
>>
>>378331104
Agreed, and I liked seeing it in Rogue One. Seeing more nuance in the Empire was nice, too.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.