[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game actually good? I'm only interested in the multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is this game actually good? I'm only interested in the multiplayer part. Can /v/ give me a quick enchilada on it's cons?
>>
For 10 dollars, yeah, it's good man. Just get it. Expect to meet some really autistic kids though.
>>
Combat sucks.
>>
It's a genuinely fun game, expect to die a lot at the beginning.
If you have friends to play with, it's even better.

I honestly can't think of any cons. If you don't like being tosse into a strange world with no idea what to do, then it might be a con for you - but that's a huge part of the charm of the game.
>>
good game, but combat is trash
>>
never played the mp

was great in the sp days
>>
It's good but turns into a shit shovelling simulator once you know the game
>>
Don't Starve is a fun game until you learn to survive. Then you'll have nothing to do, there's virtually no end game besides building a base.

I played the game for 2k+ hours and honestly I don't dig the new content. It's mostly raid bosses with ludicrous amounts of health, where you press F for 10 minutes and get to pack meals like a good housewife, with some items and character skins here and there that you'll never get unless you buy them on the market because the drop rate is so low. Not my definition of gameplay.

But you're probably gonna have a blast if you don't spend too too long on it. It's extremely rewarding discovering how to surmount obstacles and realize where you've gone wrong. And some of the bosses are actually fun af to raid.

If you do decide to buy the multiplayer version, make sure you turn movement prediction to non-predictive in the settings. Your movement will feel a little delayed but you'll see where your character is on the server, as opposed to a a prediction by your client. It's cancer to play with prediction on.
>>
>>378316058
This game actually got me into going out and doing camping stuff.
The lore and story is cool and the characters you play add challenges to gameplay.
Definitely worth a try you might like it but be warmed its open world survival so dumb shit happens and death is perma/
>>
Multiplayer makes this game. I think singleplayer is incredibly lackluster as the RNG makes gathering all materials a crap shoot. Being able to split the load with other people makes it feel so much better.
>>
>>378316058
The game is a lot better if you set an arbitrary goal or 2, since it can stall out in the endgame.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.