[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Yu-Gi-Oh! (YGO)? I don't want to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: ygo_tcg_logo.png (278KB, 1001x369px) Image search: [Google]
ygo_tcg_logo.png
278KB, 1001x369px
How do I get into Yu-Gi-Oh! (YGO)? I don't want to spend any money on actual cards.
>>
you can download ygopro
there's also a ton of old and outdated video games
i don't know why you'd want to get into yugioh though, the game sucks nowadays. it has horrible power creep and the localized version of the game is run by some of the most bumbling and incompetent people on earth
>>
>>378314731
Just watch the anime and you're good to go
Now check my 5
>>
>>378314885
I have it installed, but it appears there's no tutorial, is very fast-paced, and I have no clue what's going on.

What do you suggest I do?
>>
>>378315008
Check this 5
>>
>>378314731
Apparently Legacy of the Duelist is a great place to start since it's up to date and has tutorials. Personally I'd just go play one of the PSP Tag Force games.
>>
>>378315220
Why the PSP games in particular if Legacy is more up-to-date?
>>
>>378314731
google how to play YGO and read one of the million fucking guides
>>
>>378315398
Eh they were really fun. I mean if you play Tag Force Special then you're using up to datw mechanics but missing some of the newer cards.
>>
>>378315684
I just want whatever is the most recent, has the most cards, etc.

I looked at Duel Links, but the p2w aspect is a huge turn off.
>>
The official rulebook should be good and for games there are several for gba. Shouldnt be any problems in finding them. Personal favorite is the "Academy" one
>>
>>378315893
In that case Legacy of the Duelist is probably your best bet as far an official game goes. YGOPRO is good and there's probably fuck-tons of good tutorials out there. YGOPRO's downside is that it isn't beginner friendly at all since everyone uses crazy meta decks.
>>
>>378315893
It might be hard to learn playing with the recent games since they have so many new cards and mechanics compared to the old games. You can always pick up ygopro after learning h2p
>>
>>378316004
>>378316069
Ok, I will go with Legacy of the Duelist, then. Wouldn't it be easier if I started with the more recent games since they will teach me the more recent stuff? If I played the older video games, it wouldn't explain the new cards, right? Thus, making me unprepared for the current game.
>>
https://www.duelingbook.com/

It's like playing real life Yu-gi-oh, only it's on a computer.
>>
You could use YGOPro, but let's face it, this is the beginning of the end for the game.

Fucking Links.
>>
play forbidden memories. It's all downhill from there
>>
>>378316559
What do you mean by this? Links?
>>378316642
Why is YGO going downhill? nostalgiafag?
>>
>>378316559
Newest game mechanic. Not that there haven't been new game mechanics before, but Links are the first mechanic that are outright destructive against how the game was before they were introduced. A whole bunch of existing playstyles were ruined with their introduction and they didn't even affect the meta they were supposed to counteract. They just fucked over everything else.
>>
>>378316967
Whoops, meant for >>378316839
>>
Either get YGO-Pro or one of the older GBA/DS/PSP games that interests you. The further you go back, the less cards you have available, but that can be better because it makes the game a bit simpler to learn.

Personally I'd recommend Eternal Duelist Soul if you're really interested in the old school beatdown days, Ultimate Masters, Spirit Caller or Tag Force 1-3 if you want something just a bit more complex, and any of the 5D's games (Except Stardust Accelerator) if you want to play with a bunch of Synchros.

>>378315904
>Academy
>The one that gives the main character a fucking dragon deck because only 2 GX sets were released at that point
>>
>>378317447
What are your thoughts on Legacy of the Duelist? Has the recent cards and it's on the PC.
>>
>>378317683
Never tried it because I usually stay away from console YGO games. I hear it's good, though.
>>
>>378315009
Play some Yu-Gi-Oh games then, I guess. You might want to play Duel Links too, since it uses mostly old and simple mechanics, but the formal is slightly different that normal YGO.
>>
Legacy of the duelist is a good way to learn everything from scratch
>>
>>378314731
This game is a heavy duty learning investment if you've not been keeping up with it or played it on and off over the years. It might seem fun at first but a horrible amount of knowing card effects and deck strategies are what most of your time ends up getting funneled into if you wanna play YGO
>>
don't use the games to teach you. Honestly, just look for commentated DN/ygopro duels. You'll learn how to play at a professional (inb4 meme arrows) level. The video games are noob traps that encourage bad habits. Learn the basic rules (which are changing now with links format so I guess this is an ok time to be joining as everybody will be adapting, not just you), then just jump headfirst onto ygopro (not DN since that also fosters bad habits)

The games are okay if you already know the "proper" way to play but don't learn from them
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.