[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Regalia Of Men and Monarchs-CODEX I'm making yet another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

File: Regalia.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Regalia.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
>Regalia Of Men and Monarchs-CODEX
I'm making yet another thread about this game because I really like it. It's a great off-brand Disgaea.
>>
the time limit and voice acting are the two things that irk me the most about this game
pretty shitty engine too
>>
It's a game with a ton of flaws, yet I can't stop playing it. The combat system makes up for everything else.
>>
File: 1470573552589.jpg (61KB, 625x533px)
1470573552589.jpg
61KB, 625x533px
>>378312059
>great off-brand Disgaea
But without the art
>>
File: Shitalia.png (347KB, 1610x728px)
Shitalia.png
347KB, 1610x728px
>>378312059
Stop shilling your trash, nobody is going to buy it. Not only did this garbage sell like shit (that is expected of a shitty knock-off game made by literally whos), but people are actively refunding this dogshit, LMAO.
>>
It is a really fun game. It really is the case that the package is more than the sum of its parts.

>>378312280
I thought that i would be annoyed by the time limit but so far i have been done with the goals long before the deadline.
>>
File: sweat.jpg (43KB, 600x480px)
sweat.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
Some of the challenges are ruthless. The game is much less painful now that you can save at the campsites any time, though.
>>
>>378314879
What's so bad about it? I only heard of it through this thread.
>>
What is the best shopkeeper to invest in?
>>
>>378316339
Yeah i am really happy that they decided to change the save system. The battles are way too long for the game to force you to replay one simply because you failed on the next one. Their current system where you can spend in game time to heal your dead party members seems like a nice solution.
>>
I heard it's grindy and my time is precious so no thank you.
>>
>>378312059
Saw some flier about this game long ago at my college, it's out already? How shit is it for a kekstarter game?
>>
>>378312280
The writing is pretty terrible too. Filled with meme references.
>>
File: Regalia 2017-05-25 18-40-09-05.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Regalia 2017-05-25 18-40-09-05.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>378318393
Didn't follow the kickstarter so i don't know what was promised. The town and friendship management is very simplistic but the artstyle is pretty neat and the story is quite charming. I am having fun with the combat but i have not played that many srpgs so i don't have a lot to compare it to.
>>
File: yeah ok.jpg (15KB, 342x345px)
yeah ok.jpg
15KB, 342x345px
>>378314879
>OP links to a pirated version of the game
>Shilling
>>
>>378312059
Initial release is pretty buggy and there's a gorillion loading screens. The actual combat is serviceable and the extra objectives are either yawn or dante must die difficult.
>>
>>378319273
You think too highly of this place. Half the people here think going through windows explorer is "hacking"
>neo-nueve-omega-/v/ is incompetent they'd rather steal mommy's credit card than learn how to torrent
>still scared from the last time they "ruined" dad's pc with an easily removed virus
>>
>>378318031
The inn and the pathfinder's study for that extra money and loot. At least that's what I'm going with. I'm no expert in this game.
>>
>>378319953
what does the inn provide? Is it the bonding perks that are that good?
>>
Post the waifus you can romance if you want to get me interested.
>>
>>378318276
You don't actually spend any time to rest. The time is already spent for you (like every other node).
>>
>>378318379
It honestly isn't grindy at all. You always level up your entire party, no matter who you have.
>>
>>378319342
Some of them are really annoying
>Kill an enemy while he has shield points
>Only enemy that can shield up is the tree
Plus, if you complete all challenges, you should get a guaranteed chance at getting an item, it's really frustrating to get a good run and complete all challenges, only to not get an item from it.
>>
>>378320740
But if you go pack to a save node and rest time is spent right?

>>378318379
There is a limited nbr of dungeons and you can't repeat battles so i don't think grinding is possible. Might have missed something though.
>>
>>378320362
Nah, but you get 10% more money from all sources, which is why I went with it.
>>
>>378320392
I suspect there's no romance. Just generic relationship stuff.
>>
>>378312059
It's an alright game, but the writing is so fucking bad. It's literally 25% generic fantasy shit and 75% memes and references.

Almost everything is a fucking reference. Dialogues can't go for more than two lines without throwing in a quote from a movie or pop song. Item descriptions are mostly memes. Loading screens are entirely memes. The "next turn" screen displays random jokes and references so you -literally- can't play a single turn of combat without memes. The text adventure bits are 99% pop culture parodies.

And if all that wasn't mindnumbing enough, some references are repeated again and again and again. If I see one more fourth wall breaking joke about sparkling undead I'm going to buy an airplane ticket to Poland and personally rape this game's writers.

It's fucking Bordermemes times one hundred.
>>
>>378312059
Characters are pretty shit.
>>
what i wanna know is if the game have multiple endings.
you know,if the MC can get laid with the girls.
>>
>>378322330
Yeah, it would be nice if the game had an option to take itself just a bit more seriously. It's not that unthinkable, either. Thimbleweed Park did it.
>>
>>378322698
The bodyguard and the statue are alright.
>>
>>378312059
>That fucking ending though.
It's a pretty good game though truth be told I didn't even bother finishing half of the dungeons, they didn't feel interesting enough. Plus I missed some allies too, I only got Henrietta.
>>
>>378324081
I'm pretty sure you can't get all allies. The ones from Diplomacy, for example.
>>
>>378312059
How many cute crossdressing boys are there in this game
If that number is less than 1 I do not care about this game
>>
>>378326180
No traps. Though Theo might be close.
>>
This game is maximum comfy
>>
That game is surprisingly good, voice acting aside which is a bit amateurish.

Much better than most of its rivals for sure.

By the way, neo-/v/ has the courage to shit on this or on other excellent games (battle brothers, shadow tactics, dungeon rats, etc...) for the most asinine reasons, but then would praise a 5/10 weeb grindfest without plot or depth as a 10/10 tactics GOTY.
>>
File: 1.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
>The ghost dad's voice acting cutting off before he's done talking
>EVERY
>DAMN
>TIME
Did they just send each other voice acting through Skype or something?
>>
File: Comfy.jpg (41KB, 600x579px)
Comfy.jpg
41KB, 600x579px
>>378328738
It's been a good few months for turn based games. I've been busy playing both Persona 5, this and Battle Brothers. All addicting.
>>
>>378312059
Flawed, yet surprisingly good.
>>
>Choose between these two factions with no information whatsoever on how they work
>You'll get a character depending on who you side with, but only if you always side with them, also, we won't tell you the difference between the characters
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>378331985
There's still no guides on what each character does, either. I heard the Elf guy is really OP, though.
>>
File: Junes.png (2MB, 1920x1080px)
Junes.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Cringe
>>
>>378328738
There was hate on Shadow Tactics? Didn't even see a thread about that game besides autists arguing about whether its considered isometric or not. Great game, though, there seriously needs to be more Commandos style games with current gen quality of life improvements. Haven't played Regalia or the other games but as a non-consumer that's not interested, here's a rundown of what's off putting:

Regalia: Time limit and social interactions. Some of us just want to kick down on a chair and at least have some amount of grind options to understand what the hell is going on with the gameplay of the game. Never got into Persona due to how save scrummy Social Links can be, but Regalia reviews say there's no waifus so the rest of /v/ doesn't care for it. Time limit reminds too much of Lightning Returns, which punishes for being dumb about not knowing the optimum way of speed running the game. Its not like Rogue Legacy where failing opens up new options, or Recettear where failing a month is not failing your entire game run.

Battle Brothers: permadeath. There's a lot of hate on Fire Emblem from removing that in their current games, but their current games are also selling a hell of a lot more than before. Permadeath in something like FTL makes more sense because of the game length, but doing it with something longer is like going through XCom, Darkest Dungeon, or Poison Pink all over again, and there's only so many games that focus on prostrating before the RNG gods before that feature is viewed more as a turn off. Art style is also this weird uncanny valley of trying to be cute and realistic.

Dungeon Rats: words words words without seeing anyone praising it for good writing. The old greats that /v/ never shuts up about like Planescape or Fallout 1/2 are known for having eloquence in their dialogue and some short explanation of the character sheet. Playing another game that doesn't know when to shut up is like going through King's Bounty all over again
>>
>>378315548
>>378318739
>>378321458
>>378334505
looks like a shitty flash game
>>
>>378328738
I've played my share of TRPGs, and Regalia is better than a good bunch of them. I think of Covenant of the Plume or even the devil summoner games -which are great games story wise and in term of content, but deceiptively poor ones when it come customizing your characters/classes- which are all shallower than Regalia.

But at the same time, Regalia gives me strong feelings of dejavu, especially as a former dofus player. I loved and still love dofus, and this knock-off can't compare sadly.
>>
>>378312059
Disgaea is fucking trash they never try to do anything different all they add in is more numbers to make you go wowwwww I did a xxxillion damage.
>>
>>378335117
why change what it's not flawed?
>>
>>378334792
Battle Brothers feels even more punishing with regards to character death than XCom itself, since the best stuff is with character skills that only level up with them alive and they don't transfer to anyone else. Darkest Dungeon is a fairer comparison.
>>
>>378335075
>I loved and still love dofus, and this knock-off can't compare sadly.
what's so good about dofus?
>>
File: 1438016387290.jpg (143KB, 640x480px)
1438016387290.jpg
143KB, 640x480px
>>378335074
i only play good flashgames so i would not know
>>
>>378335074
Nothing wrong with looking like a flash game.
>>
>>378318662
Perhaps i am blind but i have not seen a bunch of meme references. The writing is absolutely silly but i don't remember there being that kind of references. Might be just me not recognizing them though.
>>
>>378337887
Yeah, Id say its good they went for a light tone. I dont think they could have pulled off anything serious from what I have played.

Armor Bro is pretty cool, even if he is just an off brand Vhailor.
>>
>>378333202

I have Henrietta. She has a fucking load of buffs and debuffs that also alter her primary attack. Interesting character.
>>
The writing is hot "I AM SILLY" garbage, sort of like Div:OS but WAY worse. also Memes.
The characters look okay but the backgrounds are quite possibly the worst I've seen outside of flash games.

A global time limit triggers my autism, but I can't tell how severe it is yet.

Everything fighting related is admittedly pretty good so far.
>>
>>378338038
I actually enjoy the writing. It is nothing that will stick with me but it is charming enough. So far i have not found a companion that i really dislike but i find the beast women especially enjoyable
>>
>>378337887
There's a lot of annoying references on the beginning of each turn, for example, some of which are memes
Street Fighter references, Darkstalker references, Ghost in the Shell references, Star Trek references, Cowboy Bebop references, "He won't die even if he's killed" meme. Plus, stuff that was already posted like >>378334505

I don't mind references but there are way too many of them and they're constant and blatant. That and the voice acting are my main qualms with the game.
>>
File: 1483068993578.gif (3MB, 222x400px)
1483068993578.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>has some pretty cute girls
>no romance

oof
>>
>>378338460
The global time limit is very forgiving, I found. Basically everything you can do in the game is a task, so it's almost impossible to not be showered with them by the time the deadline comes. The only way I could see it becoming a problem is if you suck and leave dungeons before finishing them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>378319563
>learn how to torrent
How do you do that in the first world? Not everyone can afford to live in Brazil. Big Brother is watching us.
>>
>>378318739
>but the artstyle is pretty neat and the story is quite charming.
Fucking weeaboos have both the worst taste and criteria as usual.
>>
>>378338204
Well, thank god she's good, cause I already decided on her over 50 days ago when I made my first faction decision.
>>
>>378341182
Americucks, when will they learn?
>>
File: .jpg (33KB, 480x454px)
.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
>>378338992
Did he died?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.