[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had an realisation. I'm now too old to start really improving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: plsno.jpg (17KB, 203x203px) Image search: [Google]
plsno.jpg
17KB, 203x203px
I had an realisation. I'm now too old to start really improving my gaming skills, mainly in shooters. I'd really like to play shooters but every single game is filled to the brim with 15 year olds hopped on adderall, that I cannot hope to match in my wildest dreams. Every single game. Every single even slightly competitive game requires you to spend autismal amounts of time to get on a level where you are not just a score in someone else's scoreboard. What the fuck am I to do?
>>
>>378312040
Simple, don't play mp focused shooters. Single player is far more enjoyable.
>>
>>378312040
you may never be top tier in shooters, but im pretty sure you can play to a point where you're better than a majority of players since most players are dumb/casual

dont give up
>>
>>378312040
>I'm now too old to start really improving my gaming skills
As someone whom mainly plays JRPGs, that is false. My friends mostly play shooters, and the more I played with them, the better I became.

About the scores, that's due to dedicated players that play virtually nothing else.
>>
you can reach the top 10% of players in most FPS simply by having a basic understanding of tactics and positioning.

Like, if you play Overwatch or TF2 and have enough sense to stand on an objective then you're already one of the best players in the world even if you don't know how to fire a gun
>>
>>378313728
>JRPGs
fedora neckbeard detected
>>
>>378312040
>TFW good in shooters and my steam account is older than most people I play against.
>>
>>378312040
>I'd really like to play shooters but every single game is filled to the brim with 15 year olds hopped on adderall

Try the arma series. There's more adult players, and it's very much strategy oriented.
>>
>>378312040
Why do you want to be the king of shit hill is the question?

Play for fun, because in games like overwatch and paladins you get recked by premade groups anyway.

How you play is kind of irrelevant, you can be average and if you have a premade that work well you can still beat better players.
>>
>>378312040
Play ARMA, Squad and other slow paced, tacticool shooters.
>>
>>378312040
So how about you play fun games instead of video games that have literally turned into a super serious muh competition digital team sport?
>>
>Still have aim and awareness
>No one to play with

Matchmaking is fucking hell and favors premades.
>>
>>378316890
>team game favors teamwork

Wow, who would have guessed. Either get a team or play a 1v1 game if you don't want that.
>>
File: 1480238725385.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1480238725385.png
108KB, 400x381px
Get Friends
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.