[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Nilfgaard's state religion? Whats the state religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: onslaught_of_cintra.jpg (648KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
onslaught_of_cintra.jpg
648KB, 1500x704px
What is Nilfgaard's state religion?
Whats the state religion of the Seven Kingdoms of Warcraft?

How can games that have so many holy/inquisitor/paladin types get away with no religion?
>>
>>378304741

The religion of kill orcs
>>
>>378304741
Nilfgaard is actively seeking to eradicate all things that can serve as the basis of an identity apart from 'loyal Nilfgaardian subject'.

They're a multikulti hellhole.
>>
>>378304741
No idea on the first one

Church of the Holy Light for most of the Human kingdoms. The chief big qigs for the Holy Light and the tales of Silver Hand and whatnot originate in Lordaeron - though the old tales of Tyr came first, and it just sort of merged into being the Holy Light.

CoTHL is less strict worship and more just straight up a philosophy. Three virtues, Respect, Tenacity, Compassion. If you have to draw up old figures, the Silver Hand comes from Tyr, and his tales talk a lot of personal sacrifice to aid other as being holy and virtuous.

Lordaine, from the Chronicle book and would be ancestor to Lordaeron during the Troll wars essentially gave himself up to buy time for Strom to prepare an attack.

The Holy Light is actually pretty scholarly. Most libraries found would be in churches. Preaches understanding the world around you, and understanding people, all that.

>>378305031
I know book versions go all 'Yeah Nilgaard is pretty much totalitarian' but I recall in one of the Witcher 3 endings it's possible to have them set up Temaria again, and then leave them be so long as they're vassals. Surprisingly lenient, but also a better option than Radovid.
>>
>>378305031
Nilfgaard is just Rome if Rome was Gothic
>>
>>378304741
I need some help understanding this.

Ciri is supposedly emperors offspring. but is also royal blood of Cintra.

Yet is ALSO an Elven blood experiment?

How the hell did Geralt even get her as payment for a job?
>>
>>378305569
The emperor of Nilfgaard, while still a knight, had some werewolf condition.
Geralt saved his ass, and in return was promised his firstborn in a convoluted way.
So the werewolf guy married the princess of Cintra in another convoluted way. Ciri was the girl that was fathered before the wedding.

>elven experiment
What.
>>
>>378305672
Isn't Ciri the product of a really long line of Elven bullshit?
>>
>>378305821
No, Pavetta was supposed to marry someone else. In short: Geralt screw the experiment with amazing results.
>>
>>378305821
I think her mom was, before the warewolf emperor shagged her to produce Ciri.
>>
>>378305372
I like to think that Nilfgaard is all the historical powers that wanted to swallow Poland whole.

But maybe I only like this reading because I'm another Eastern Yuro fag who's afraid the EU is going to be the Soviets all over again.
>>
fastest way to get 1-800 engy?
>>
>>378306642
pray to the human god, who is....?????
>>
>>378304741
>Whats the state religion of the Seven Kingdoms of Warcraft?

The Holy Light?
>>
>>378305402
Nilfgaard is obviously the spanish empire, and Emhyr is Charles V or his son
>>
>>378304741

All we know about Nilfgaard religion is that they worship a Great Sun. It's not brought that much in the games, however in one of the notice boards in Velen you can find information about fanatical worshippers of Great Sun from Nilfgaardian army burning Melitele temples. Even in the books there is not much informations about the Cult of the Great Sun, though according to one theory, the Great Sun might be Emperor himself.
>>
File: George-RR-Martin--010.jpg (113KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin--010.jpg
113KB, 620x372px
What is Nilfgaard's tax policy like?
>>
Considering the author is Polish, I always read Nilfgaard as a stand-in for the Soviet Union. Their religion is the state, and their god is the emperor.
>>
>>378307328
10% of all produce from all territory + conscription.
Additionally if you are in an autonomous territory, you pay 10% to the Nilfgaardian crown, and pay whatever percent your local government asks.
This incentives people to demand territory joins the kingdom instead of remaining autonomous.

Its how the muslims conquered land. In the Roman Empire the jizya (infidel tax) was actually lower than roman tax people were used to.
>>
>haven't played the Witcher
>google what the fuck Nilfgaard is
>literally the second paragraph of the first google hit says "The major religion in Nilfgaard is the cult of the Great Sun."

Also, fucking Holy Light is all over the fucking Warcraft franchise. You're a fucking retard OP.
>>
>>378308735
Other than the names, they have nothing. Thats the point. They are overlooked.
>>
>>378308804
So you are a legit retard are you?

There is a fucking wiki page for both. Neither are overlooked, the games themselves just don't focus on religion.
>>
>>378308735
>turns out Holy Light is space aliens
>demons are space aliens
>space aliens are space aliens
>Orcs are space aliens

Why not call it StarWarcraft amirite?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.