/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /v/ played the best space shooter since Freespace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: EVERSPACE-Game-Featured-3.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EVERSPACE-Game-Featured-3.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
Has /v/ played the best space shooter since Freespace?

Everspace thread
>>
>>378302514
Yea, it's pretty fun. It feels pretty fair despite the RNG bullshit too, although I really just want a sequel to FS2.
>>
>>378302632
Im glad that its one of the best cases of early access making it to full release.
>>
It's on my short-term backlog.
But three other games came out last week that I also gotta play.
>>
>>378302514
Sell it to me.
The rouglike part is off putting.
>>
>>378302720
Its a pretty good game for shorter play sessions, I find
>>
>>378302514

It's testament to how shit this genre has become that people think Everspace is a good game.

Despite it's roguelike elements It literally has less content and gameplay variety than the fucking Freelancer demo and christ almighty is the voice acting and story cringeworthy.

Not to mention, half of the fucking dialog/cutscenes/story components aren't even finished and are just awkwardly shoehorned in with rough cuts/pans.
>>
>>378302903
Its freespace with FTL and Rogue Legacy's progression system. When you die, you keep your money to upgradeyoir ships and your pilots.

Personal skill plays more of a important than stats, however. I wiped my save for the release version then got to sector 4 of 7 in a stock ship.
>>
>>378303028
The voice acting is better than a lot of AAA examples as of late. Its not that bad, and the story snippets are supposed to play a backseat to gameplay.
>>
>>378303080
Are there missions or do you just fly around killing stuff and collinginc resources?
Can you have squadmates?
>>
I fucking love everspace
The only con i find is the story is a let down
I was hoping the story would be like gof2 where you could free roam trade and rob terrans and vossk
>>
>>378303147

>Are there missions or do you just fly around killing stuff and collinginc resources?

You just fly around killing stuff and collecting resources.

>Can you have squadmates?

No.
>>
>>378303147
No squadmates but you can summon a neutral faction for help sometimes. Missions are usually small tasks given to you with a credit reward, but the main point of the game is to make it to the end and survive.
>>
Why is the combat in this game so fucking dull?

I mean as limited as it is, the almost Descent like exploration of abandoned basis/asteroids is fun, but the combat itself is such garbage and the AI is total trash.
>>
>>378303704
How is it dull? Fought anything past the first few sectors?
>>
>>378303829

I've finished the game, the dog fighting AI is trash, and you can peek-a-boo anything larger with zero repercussions or fear of the AI doing anything about it.
>>
I got bored

story should not be in the game
>>
Does ANYONE like the gunship? No matter how big that health pool is it can't beat shields imo.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.