[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mortal Kombat unique in the sense that it had fatalities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 20170521193322_1.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170521193322_1.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
Is Mortal Kombat unique in the sense that it had fatalities?
Super moves or any other shit used in the middle of a fight ... isn't the same. A fatality is the ultimate fuck you to a faggot you beat with out gimmicks like supers. Fair fight, until you get to the end and humiliate them. Why hasn't any other game tried to copy this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ywynYEsok
>>
>>378299829
>why hasn't any other game tried to copy this
Holy shit how underage can you be? When MK first released fucking everyone ripped off of that. Killer Instinct, MACE, even fucking Clay Fighter.
>>
>>378299829
Plenty of other games copied it. Retard.
>>
>>378299829
>Why hasn't any other game tried to copy this?

What are you talking about? There was an entire era of games trying to cash in on this hyperviolence fighting game gimmick. They just all failed, which is why they're not discussed. Weaponlord, Tattoo Assassins, Thrill Kill, Time Slaughter, etc.
>>
>>378300739
Lol, since then? See, you're stuck in that generation. Find me a game made since 2008 that has done that. A game that people actually play.
>>
File: IMG_7806.jpg (169KB, 820x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7806.jpg
169KB, 820x614px
>>378300897
>they just all failed
KI didn't.

>>378301016
Nobody because everyone realized it's a shitty gimmick and you can't sell a game on violence when even some of the CoD games let you blow arms off.

MK doesn't even focus on it anymore. They're in there as a formality and X is 100% pandering to EVOfags.

You might as well call 3D visuals or music a selling point, they're only slightly more common than heavy violence.
>>
>>378301016
>a game that people actually play
>he believes that people besides tourneyfags still play MK
lol
>>
>>378301210
Well, Rare was a good company, unlike most of the copycats
>>
Would this get you banned these days? How does the tourney scene of the latest MK handle fatalities?
>>
>>378301210
>Doesn't focus on the violence
>What are X-Ray moves

Come on, anon. Just stop.
>>
>>378301210
I thought MK9 and MKX was fun, besides the stupid xray bullshit.
>>
>>378299829
Dawn of War series used to have fatalities
>>
>>378301386
I thought the x-rays were fun in an comically over-the-top sense.

On the other hand, they also made for jarringly powerful attacks.
>>
>>378301349
You mean that thing that's literally SF's Ultra Combos except it plays a cutscene? Wow, how original and innovative. Then everyone realized they're useless if you're not playing against a monkey and even NRS tried to downplay their existence for X.
>>
>>378301508
>>378301531
if you played against any faggot (((competitively))) they would never waste their shit on a xray was added for casuals that press 2 buttons but you'd block it anyways, right?
>>
>>378301016

You said "Why hasn't any other game tried to copy this". Well they have. Fuck you.

Also, MK has 'supers' and special moves. Games like Virtua Fighter and Tekken and Soul Calibur offer a much more 'fair, clean fight' than MK. I love MK though don't get me wrong. I love the stupid lore and the extreme violence. But I don't want other fighters to copy MKs style. The only thing I want them to copy from MK is giving players a shit-ton of content.
>>
>>378301016
>stuck in that generation
You have to be 18 to post here. Also MK died with Deception. Armageddon was shit, 9 was shit, X somehow managed to be even shittier. Nobody cares about modern MK except a small crop of tourneyfags. It has roughly the same relevance as Skullgirls or BlazBlue.
>>
>>378301531
>>378301619
You guys know noone remotely skilled at these games uses supers/xrays/etc out of a blue like a ordinary attack, they're only to end your combo with big damage or to counter enemy
>>
>>378301829
>they're useless if you're not playing against a monkey
Wow, it's like you're illiterate.
>>
Christ, what a cancer thread.
>>
>>378301736

That's bullshit and you know it. MK is very popular and sells very well. The only correct thing you said is that Armageddon was shit. Deception was a mediocre as a figting game but the fun content and subgames and story and sens of style redeemed it. 9 and X are great.
>>
>>378301829

>he doesn't wakeup ultra

wew lad
>>
>>378301874
>double your combo damage once in a while
Wow really useless
>>
>>378301736
>9 was shit, X somehow managed to be even shittier
>You have to be 18 to post here
Alright, kid.
>>
>>378301986
That counts as countering enemy for me
>>
>>378301829
>he literally has not 100-0 a shitter in MK9 or MKX with 30+ hit combos
Nice, you totally have played those games.
>>
>>378301210

No one would give a shit about Mortal Kombat if it wasn't for its blood and gore. It continues to have strong sales largely because of its violence, because john q casual cares more about meaty hits and showers of blood than advanced fighting techniques and balance. The only people taking Mortal Kombat seriously is NR.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.