[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Grim Dawn thread? Does /v/ even play this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: grim dawn.png (465KB, 700x438px)
grim dawn.png
465KB, 700x438px
Can we have a Grim Dawn thread?

Does /v/ even play this game any more?

What is the best class and why is it Spellbreaker?
>>
I played it for like three-four hours then stopped.
I was the arcanist(I think it's called) the one with the meme beam.

I was just overwhelmed comprehending the stupidity of making titan quest 2.
It plays so slow and unsatisfying.

The world is nice.
I want to play to experience more. I don't want to experience the gameplay anymore.
>>
>>378288487
I've heard the first few hours are the worst and then the game really opens up

As someone with 20-25 hours I can definitely say the game has only gotten better the more I play
>>
>>378288072
I've got at least 100 hours in it. I'm waiting for the expansion before I pick it up again. Although I've noticed a lot of my friends picking it up recently, so something must have happened.
>>
>>378288712
Right NOW it's 50% off on humblestore. Tits quest anniversary is 80% off as well.
>>
the game kind of sucks. ultimate is too fucking hard, but becomes extremely easy if you're do a retaliation tank build
>>
>>378288072
Love this game, can't wait for the expansion. After the hot mess that was Diablo III it was a breath of fresh air. Spellbreaker a shit

>>378289451
Sounds like somebody is both mad and bad
>>
>>378288072
Shaman a best

>>378288487
>Playing meme beam and expecting to have fun
There's a lot of builds that are satisfying to play, and pretty much any build is more satisfying than aether-ray builds.

>>378289451
>ultimate is too fucking hard
Nah not really, you just need to have a build that doesn't suck
>>
>>378288072
Game needs some movement skills, the only ones it has are variations of blink strike. Actually I feel it could do with more active skills in general, I'd like to see attack skills that synergize with each other and more defensive utility skills

DAIL SX is the only fun I have with it at the moment, looking forward to seeing inquisitor and necromancer in the expansion though
>>
>>378288072
I rolled some pet pokemon master build as i hate reflect and these fuckers love to sneak that into mobs
got bored grinding faction rep, and the world is shit compared to titan quest
its like two lanes of grey/brown going north east then north west
whoopi fucking doo, titan quest felt like you were at least going somewhere different
>>
>>378289961
That was after experimenting around a bit. My knee-jerk reaction is to go warrior, but I HATE auto-attack replacers that just boost your damage on every X strike. At least in D2 assassin combo and finishing moves had you make a decision as to what point you wanted to finish the combo, resulting in a different outcome. And you could just alternate or spam finishing moves if you fucking wanted to.
>>
File: Allies_Among_the_Ashes.png (35KB, 240x120px) Image search: [Google]
Allies_Among_the_Ashes.png
35KB, 240x120px
Which fraction?
Kymon's Chosen or the Order of Death's Vigil?
>>
The player's skills all look so fucking shit, because they didn't receive any updates since they were released. Some of the newer content looks pretty good though, but I'm not really excited for Inquisitor and Necromancer.
>>
>>378288072
>Does /v/ even play this game any more?
Not since my characters and stash stopped saving. I can't figure out what's wrong with my system.

I have over a thousand hours in it already; I'm not sure I want to go back desu. My favorite character is my Sorcerer but the last few updates have been nerftastic which is the other reason why I left.
>>
>Go onto GD forums
>Ask for the game to not be so pitifully fucking easy
>Casuals swarm my thread and say it's already overly hard
>I cruised through the game blind with next to no issues using a hardcore character
>Expansion is just going to make the game even easier
>Implying I'm going to buy that shit when the game is so easy that it is far too dull to play through again
>>
>>378290361
Fire/chaos/lightning=kymon
cold/aether/poison=vigil
>>
>>378289860
game is garbage. how much did you put into it, backer?
>>
>>378290974
but which is better lore speaking
>>
>>378291371
Lore speaking it doesn't matter, just make two characters if you want to see each perspective.

You'll want to pick what is better from a min/max standpoint first and foremost because you will be stuck with that faction forever, even in newgame+ and newgame++. The recipes and enchantments they give are vital to your builds as you get further along.
>>
Why do people pretend to like it? It's just as clunky as something like Torchlight, with an even more dull levelling system.
>>
>>378292487
I didn't mean advising a new player, I meant which perspective is better?
>>
I dislike how they changed the total point requirement to unlock the final tier of skills from 32 to 50 for each class.
>>
>>378293019
That sounds pretty whack, are there more points in general available?
>>
>>378292509
Except Torchlight was a cartoony borefest with very little build variation and slow progression

also,
>Levelling in Grim Dawn
>Bad

It's one of the most satisfying, well designed levelling systems I've ever seen in a game like this. What's your problem with it?
>>
Diablo 2 is still king of the genre.
>>
Arthur Bruno is a snake oil salesman.
>>
>>378288072
>What is the best class and why is it Spellbreaker
because SS is OP
>>
>>378288072
>Damn near every ability in the game is a series of passives
Fun drops to zero when a great majority of your playtime is spamming one ability and pumping your damage by X%.
>>
Minions class is very unsatisfying
>>
>>378290850
basically this
>stack life
>become invincible
especially since life on gear becomes absolutely ridiculous compared to gear without it later in the game.
>>
This thread made me want to boot the game up again.
Bought it ages ago but never made it past the first act/area. I really find the classes uninspired and the first area is just as dull, maybe I'll be able to force myself through it.
>>
>>378288072
>combination of item and stat system works bad for long term / end game type of gameplay
>a lot of unbalanced crap like reflect or pets
>usually only 1 bis item (if any) per class per slot, makes farming for items extremely unrewarding
>story is a massive clusterfuck
>bossfights are boring gearchecks without exception
>>
>>378293385
If you are still there,
- Max lv Grim Dawn is 85, with all points and bonuses you should have 220 points to spend at end game.
- While Titan Quest with Immortal Throne has a lv cap of 75 and with all bonuses you should have 243 Skill pointsat end game.
>>
Funny how all the people ITT claiming the game is shit have played through it multiple times
>>
>>378297367
Oh I've only really played TQ and only glanced at Grim Dawn, I just thought I remembered Grim Dawn having the same 32 class capacity points(or whatever you would call them), so I thought you meant a later patch/dlc increased that to 50 in Grim Dawn.
>>
>>378290361
>edgey necromancer ice ninja
You can never put to rest after death and they would summon you as puppet
vs

>pyromaniac fake crusader cuck
The god they worship should gave you some clues
>>
>>378288487
>playing arcanist cuck

there's your problem.
>>
But the best class is Witch Hunter.
>>
>>378288072
>playing blademaster
>wants more attack speed so I go for more in the soldier class
>still not enough attack speed

the feels....
>>
>>378290361

The Order are bros and Kymon's Chosen are all assholes.
>>
>>378298325
Sorry, should have been more clear with my post.
>>
where the FUCK is the expansion holy shit hurry up I want to play necro
>>
>>378288072
Played it for a bit, still went back to my other autistic arpg cause I have high lv characters there
>>
File: 1391672532522.jpg (26KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
1391672532522.jpg
26KB, 256x245px
>>378299057
>Buy game at Humble Bundle
>install
>play for a couple of hours
>All of the classes seem meh
>Hardcore Necro nostalgia from Diablo 2 and the gothic "Witch Hunter" aesthetic are what got me excited for the game in the first place
>have no idea these classes are planned
>hear about the expansion
>no solid release date beyond Q2/Q3 2017
>It's June in a couple of days and there's no news
>mfw we probably won't get anything until at least November

I just want to raise a legion of the undead while sucking people off in a settler's hat before summer is done, is that too much to ask?
>>
ARPGs are shit
>>
>>378299273
What other game anon?

I like autistic arpgs :3
>>
File: 20170114193000_1.jpg (174KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170114193000_1.jpg
174KB, 1366x768px
>>378299748
Torchlight II mostly
Also fuck off with that :3
>>
>>378299887
why? 3:
>>
File: 1462200500587.jpg (99KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1462200500587.jpg
99KB, 540x540px
>have a dual wielding ranged lightning based build
>chose Order of Death's Vigil instead of Kymon's Chosen

did i fuck up? Kymon has some lighting based stuff that would help my build
>>
>>378288072
>put shitload of aura in game
>only a handful is allowed to be use

I fucking hate this game so much.
>>
File: 20170111213048_1.jpg (214KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170111213048_1.jpg
214KB, 1366x768px
>>378299942
Because it's gay, faggot
>>
>>378300130
I don't think Torchlight players are in any position to call other people faggots t b h
>>
File: 20170111204118_1.jpg (201KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170111204118_1.jpg
201KB, 1366x768px
>>378300202
True, but at the very least we don't go around making :3 face
I also might just be the last faggot to be playing this game still
>>
>>378299957
Check to see if you need any blueprints that are fraction specific to either.
>>
>still no dedicated sword board class
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.