[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i into Shin Megami Tensei googling it gives me so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: 781242-awwjack.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
781242-awwjack.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
how do i into Shin Megami Tensei
googling it gives me so many different games and series' that are apparently related
I should also mention I know nothing about it other than hearing about it's existence from /v/ and that Jack Frost is apparently in most(?) of the games
>>
First you hee ho
>>
It's a JRPG series. Start where ever the fuck you want. I recommend Nocturn
>>
nocturne is a great experience.

takes a little effort to emulate comfortably but worth it in the end.
>>
>>378283842
First you kill your friends, then you fuck hot demon babes
>>
>>378284024
>>378284082
thank you for providing an actual answer
So all the games aren't connected then?
>>
>>378284461
not all of them, the Digital Devil Saga series has two entries. great games too. and SMTIV does too. SMTIV is very challenging.
>>
>>378283842
there's a /vg/ thread with a recommendation image for newcomers

start with nocturne
>>
>>378284569
alright, thanks anon
I'll try doing some more research and emulate nocturne
>>
File: zJcYpuE.png (3MB, 1600x4491px) Image search: [Google]
zJcYpuE.png
3MB, 1600x4491px
>>
>>378284853
enjoy

the only fix you need for nocturne is to use the F5 key, you'll figure the rest out
>>
>>378284569
>SMTIV is very challenging.
>>
p3,p5, digital devil sagas are p good and easy to get into.
>>
>>378283842
There is the mainline SMT series 1-IVA, which also includes non numbered titles like If and SJ. Sooner or later this is the train you've got to get on.

Then you've got spin offs:
Persona is the main one were instead of hanging out with tour demons you psychicly summon them like a stand and you go back and forth between being a high school student and solving problems arising from people's minds.

Then you have Devil Summoner which is originally just SMT in a world that doesn't just go to hell in the first few minutes. So your running around with demons in a normal Japan. But the second half of devil summoner games are action RPGs set in pre WW2 Japan.

Then you have Devil Survivor which is your SRPG series

And then you have one-offs like Digital Devil Saga which is a more traditional party bases dog where the enemies are just demons and Jack Bros which is a top down level based dungeon crawler action game for the prestigious virtual boy.

All of these games feature your friend and mine, Jack Frost
>>
File: 1478726137113.jpg (447KB, 1416x2384px) Image search: [Google]
1478726137113.jpg
447KB, 1416x2384px
>>378284121
this anon has the right idea
>>
SMT4 and Persona 4 are said to be the best entry points
>>
File: 1447907327143.gif (337KB, 492x376px) Image search: [Google]
1447907327143.gif
337KB, 492x376px
>>378283842
I just started playing SMT IV on 3DS. I've been posting about it for days.

SMT IV is extremely helpful in teaching you the basics. I don't know where exactly it falls on the scale of greatness in the series, but it feels like the best entry point to see where the series was in 2013, and to enjoy the future releases.

How the game works is, you have a town (Mikado) with an assortment of resources - blacksmith for weapons, armour and accessories, Apothecary for healing items, etc... more becomes available as you progress. For your first couple of hours all you need to do is access the dungeon (Naraku) where you'll move in 3D space like any JRPG, meet demons and either kill them, recruit them, or die and try again.
What you'll fall into is a cycle of exploring the dungeon, returning to the Barracks to heal, selling your relics to save Macca and going from there.
The meat of the game is interacting with demons, palling around, and fusing them into better demons.

If you like JRPG's it will feel completely natural in the first hour, which does much to set up the plot before giving you more or less free reign to grind. SMT has some of the dopest grinding in any game.

Hope you find somewhere to start. This is a really rewarding series.
>>
File: 1494430341217.png (175KB, 450x368px) Image search: [Google]
1494430341217.png
175KB, 450x368px
>>378283842

Strange Journey is a okish place to star, its easy for new people. Nocturne and SMT are also great.

Or you could play Persona 2 then move to SMT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.