[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching a streams of dark souls >notice a pattern >make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
>watching a streams of dark souls
>notice a pattern
>make game with invasions
>make non functioning anti-cheat system for it
>if you want to co op with a friend or newbie to show the ropes to you then have to deal with invasions

lol why are nipshit games like this so overhyped?
>>
Your salt is why people invade
>>
>>378280450
>hating invasions

What's there to hate when you have a trillion more hp and estus, on top of your friend protecting you. It's actually fun fucking up and ganking a real person for once instead of just constant pve
>>
>>378280803
how braindead are you to see everything as memes

its an fact. people invade for salt
>>
>>378280803
>Everything I don't like is reddit
Your thread is shit and deserves to fail faggot
>>
>>378281173
>didn't even read the op, just went for le meme xdd gitgud salt ggez

This is just pathetic.
>>
>>378280450
wittle baby got ganked buu huu
>>
>>378281418
>implying playing nipgarbage
>>
>>378280450
>make non functioning anti-cheat system for it

There is no anticheat, the Fromsoftmanually checks the PC servers for stat or inventory anomalies and bans them. You can use a no damage hack in PvP and you will never be banned because there aren't any permanent changes to your character.
>>
>>378280450
>>if you want to co op with a friend or newbie to show the ropes to you then have to deal with invasions

It's 100x harder for the invader to kill you and your phantoms than vice versa.
>>
>>378281473
>I-I-I'm not shit g-g-guys! It's the japanese g-g-games!
>>
>>378281745
>implying i play nipshit

jej

can't even read the first line of the thread/ i love weeaboo tears
>>
>>378281596
>There is no anticheat

Holy shit, how can one company be so awful at basic multiplayer design?
>>
>>378281865
>haha I posted it again mom!
>>
>>378281918
who cares, 13 year old hackers gonna hack

even on PC i've only encountered a handful of them across games 1-3
>>
File: IMG_3984.jpg (85KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3984.jpg
85KB, 1024x685px
>ds1 invasion
"Fuck this bastard has dlc gear and a chaos +5 in undead berg, hide or get to the fog"

>ds3 invasion
*rainbow of phantoms humping the red who has cut health*
*play through entire game solo and embered with no red orb invasions until i summon someone*
>>
>>378281596
>no anticheat
>manual data checks

Holy shit is this a joke?
>>
>Implying western games aren't worse
Have you played GTA:O?
>>
File: 0e9[1].jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9[1].jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>get invaded
>wait for invader
>fight a little bit to see if I can beat him
>if I start to lose run away, drink estus, and then sprint through the level to the boss fog to kick him out

if he falls behind sometimes I stay at the boss fog and wait for him so I can turn around and go in right when he's about to hit me

also sometimes if they're using a slow weapon I'll just roll through their attacks without trying to fight back for like 10 minutes before going to the fog. Sometimes they get so frustrated they black crystal out
>>
>>378282189
>game on PC
>no anticheat

How is this still a thing past 2002?
>>
>>378281648
invading is better now than it was at launch because there are less summon signs around and they nerfed Seed of Tree of Giant so it's worthless now
>>
>>378282189
The only time I've ever encountered hackers in DS3 was in Anor Londo the big massive PvP hotspot zone, and a couple times when I invaded somebody and they turned on invincibility and continued doing the level ignoring me, and I have 600 hours logged in Dark Souls 3. Hacking is overall pretty rare.
>>
>>378282692
there is an anticheat in the form of softbanning, where you get put into a connectivity pool of other cheaters
>>
File: 1480495996766.gif (187KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1480495996766.gif
187KB, 192x192px
I fucking love invading.

>MFW KILLING 2 PHANTOMS AND 2 BLUES BEFORE THE HOST STOPS BEING A PUSSY

>STILL CRUSH HIM
>>
>>378282923
>tfw you become so good at PvP that Blue Phantoms are nothing more than an estus recharge delivery service to you
>>
>>378280450
I am complete shit at the game and don't even fight back when someone invades. I just run to the nearest bonfire so I won't have to walk far to get my souls.
>>
>>378282923
>people who play through the entire game with 2 phantoms beside them

What's the fucking point

Nearly all the enjoyment from Dark Souls comes from repetitive trying and failing until you eventually beat a boss or whatever
>>
>>378283208
just put on Way of Blue and spam roll until help arrives you fuccboi
>>
Young white branch and watch them run past you repeatedly while I get a drink or snack. Eventually they give up. Its hilarious watching them waste their time running around trying to find me.
>>
File: IMG_4050.jpg (58KB, 452x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4050.jpg
58KB, 452x466px
>ds2 still has the best online play, invasions, and covenants (after patches)
Why must the worst souls game have the best pvp
>>
>>378283442
there was literally no reason for them to bring back the can't be invaded in boss killed areas thing in ds3

ds2 had it right, you could fight anybody anywhere.
>>
>>378283314
Yeah, I would but I've seen a red slay 4 blues and 3 piss colored dudes once, I won't bother. Most invaders I've surrendered to have minmaxed gear/stats to the point that they can invade a level 15 person with endgame and dlc gear, I should really not play this anymore.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>378283310
For me, the main enjoyment in Dark Souls series is overcoming challenges together with others, or helping people in need. Forming these brief fellowships with silent strangers and then separating to our own paths is great
>>
>>378283598
Fair enough.

I'm talking mainly about the players who don't even bother attempting to explore an area without summons, get carried through the game in 10 hours missing all the NPC quests and lore, and then say they've "completed dark souls"
>>
>>378283562
the DLC have completely flipped the invasion dynamic

Before it was extremely difficult to twink effectively because of weapon upgrade limits, so the best you could do was just get a good Raw weapon and optimized stats. Now though, every invader can just get the Ring of Steel Protection +3 and effectively become impossible to kill for anybody who doesn't have a +10 weapon because of the way armor is calculated in Dark Souls 3.

Thankfully it doesn't seem like everybody has figured this out yet but you'll know it's happening to you when you hit an invader at level 10 with a raw battleax and do like 2 damage
>>
>focus the game on pvp, making the pve a linear and boring experience
>turns out the pvp is actually shit
How did they manage to fuck up this badly?
>>
>>378283958
I'm certainly not the audience for this kind of game but: what fun is there in killing those who have no ability to fight back? I get the duels and arenas but ganking low levels and noobs like me?
>>
>>378280450
I get a good laugh out of getting invaded. First play through can be annoying because you don't know the good snipe spots or places to counter gank.
>>
>>378284189
making twinked character builds is fun in itself, I never invaded in starter areas though because as you say it's boring
>>
>>378283561
Fromsoft is living proof that japs are autists and never learn to improve on their mistakes from previous games.
I dont know how they got lucky and made Bloodbourne so good, but even then the online experience was shit
>>
>>378281418
Laugh all you want for now buddy, let's see who's laughing in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>378280450
From my own experiences as a blue sentinel, invaders are severely underpowered when compared to the other Souls games. Invasions would be no problem whatsoever if people knew not to bite the absurdly obvious baits gankers throw at them.
IF they knew.

Invasions aren't gamebreaking, players are just fucking dumb, that's all.
>>
>>378284129
The focus was never on pvp. The pve and 'story' is the main game even if you didn't enjoy it.
>>
File: HAPPY.jpg (52KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPY.jpg
52KB, 750x750px
>DS3 invasions are based on SL and weapon upgrade level

>But invaders can have 7 +10 estus flasks when invading at lower levels while host has 5 estus and phantom has 2 estus, non-upgraded
>Since Ringed City just shits out +3 rings in NG, people can start twinking again with +3 havels, +3 wolf and +3 favor rings
>Nothing but twinks in full exiles + heavy weapons fast rolling with 7 full healing estus against people who just started their runs
>>
>>378284926
>oy gevalt these invaders might have a chance against me and my 3 phantoms
>>
>>378284926
That's how players get gud, by being bullied over and over again

Once you're semi-competent upgrade advantage/twinking doesn't make a huge amount of difference. You can still kill them in 2 or 3 well timed hits.
>>
>>378285368
It's always just me and one phantom doing some retarded meme run.
If I get a blueberry we usually just let him work for his ears and cheer him on
Ringed City's rings just re-introduced twinking in the high wall and the settlement

>>378285418
It's just dumb because it's always at a point in our characters where we don't have access to lloyds talismans or anything like that.
Also LMAO +3 wolf ring so you either have to trade with him (and lose) or just run your bitch ass through the level.

I never have an issue with invasions past the high wall o' lothric and the undead settlement.
>>
>>378283763
So what?
>>
>>378285743
What is the point of buying and playing the game in the first place? They've learned nothing about the universe or even basic mechanics like i-frames and weapon scaling

Should spend their $60 on a game they're actually interested in
>>
>wolf ring
Am i missing something? Is that piece of garbage actually useful now?
>>
Game's full of hackers. Really not worth buying this garbo.
>>
File: 1494127026995.gif (82KB, 354x321px) Image search: [Google]
1494127026995.gif
82KB, 354x321px
EVERY SINGLE GAME IS RUINED BY CHEATERS WHY DO THEY DO IT WHY

>lol i trole u
>dang bruh I paid for the game I can do what I want
this is why online video games are unplayable trash for reddit children
>>
>tfw just used red orb in ringed city streets

OH BOY HERE I GO KILLING AGAIN
>>
>not even making it so invaders have to be the same level or close to it
>newbies get shrekt by high level people because lol y not

I dunno famalam, seems like a clear design problem
>>
>>378286369
I agree but you don't get to dictate how people spend their money and enjoy the products they pay for.
>>
>>378288068
invaders are the same level as you
>>
>>378286369
They're not interested in the game if they don't invest time in particular mechanics?

You sound like a real ornery teenager.

I can't imagine begrudging someone because they want to play dark souls with someone and not alone.
>>
>just killed a 14 flask chug host

had to chug 7 flasks but still what a fag, would've 1v1 no estus
>>
>>378280450
>playing on PC
you reap what you sow
>>
>>378280450
you can literally turn multiplayer off
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.