[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey niggas, i am going to play baldur gates, i am thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: baldur gates.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
baldur gates.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
hey niggas, i am going to play baldur gates, i am thinking about trying a fighter/mage elf dual wield class, but i also want to be the tank of the party, is it possible?
>>
>>378271096
common help me
>>
>>378271096
Dual Wielding is fucking useless, just go Cavalier.
>>
>baldur's gate 1
>fighter/mage
KEK
>>
>>378272796
everyone says is the most fucking op shit in the game, can you explain why you say its bad?
>>378272658
what? why, everywhere i hear of dual-wield fucking asses
>>
>BG1
>Tank

Summoned Creatures are the best "tanks" available. Your entire party should be ranged attacks.
>>
>>378273227
>everyone says is the most fucking op shit in the game
in baldur's gate 2 it is
Kensai/Mage
>>
>>378273227
Fighter / Mage is OP as fuck because your character can use Long / Short Bows with THAC0 bonus and you can use spells in later of the game.
>>
I hate to break with you but Mages are shit in BG1 because you get the good spells in later game. Fighter with Long Bows +++++ is the best character. Jaheira should be the one summoning animals to tank while the rest of the party takes them out in range.

Jaheira > Khalid > Minsc > Dynaheir > Imoen
>>
>>378271096
>>378273227

you're thinking of Kensai/Mage but yes fighter/mage multiclass is the best tank in game at higher levels.

Stick to plate armor and using a bow in Baldurs Gate 1. Once you get Stone Skin you can strip the armor and tank everything but this is usually in Baldurs Gate 2.
>>
>>378273778
>bow
i fucking hate bows
dont know why
love mage
love fighter
bu hate fuckin bows
>>
If you want a true Mage / Fighter experience in BG1 go for Bard

>Buy / Steal the appropriate scrolls
>Use Bard Song on trash mobs to make fights go faster
>>
>>378274089
How do bards even work?
>>
>>378274306
They are good at everything but suck most of the time.

In the hands of a skilled player it's whatever they want him to be.

>Mage: cast any spell with scrolls
>Fighter: can use any weapon
>Thief: can steal items for resource management such as potions, scrolls and weapons.
>Support: Bard Song for Party Members
>>
is wisdom important to a fighter/mage? i had to set it to 3 in order to get the stats maximized, fuck stats roll, i fucking hate this part of d&d
>>
>>378274628
Are scrolls hard to get or limited?
>>
>>378274641
Lore bonus.

No, not important.

If you are going for Tank, Constitution is more important strenght. You can easily boost that with a spell / potion.
>>
>>378274781
Good spells are limited so you need to know what spell to know.

Bard is for people who know the game from beforehand: knowing which potion / scroll / weapon / spell to use in every situation. However you are not dependent on any other team member.
>>
>>378274876
i heard there are some pretty powerful skills in bg2 which need wisdom, will i get fucked with 3 wisdom?
>>
>>378275265
Limited Wish and Wish require Wisdom.

You can always buy potions to max your Wisdom on these occations.
>>
whats the best baldurs gate for a person who never played these kind of games before?

I played diablo 2 but never rpg of this level
>>
I think you should just go for pure class Mage to be honest. Mutliclass are always a pain in the ass because Fighter or Thief aspects are not getting better when you become more reliant on Mage Speeld during the game. It's annoying.

>Constitution + Intelligence to MAX
>Crush your enemies with a Quarterstaff
>Memorize protection spells

You could just have a Bard in your party to help you hit better with your Staff.
>>
>>378276080
but i want to have few in my party 3 or 4, so i need the most op shit possible, they say mage is utter shit in the beggining.
>>378276020
they say icewind dale is the hack slash baldur gates, so i think you would fare better in icewind
>>
>>378276020
Baldur's Gate 1 because the Mage spells are not complicated enough.

If you don't know how to use the spells in BG2 you are fucked. The game is not going to hold your hands. BG1 gives you experience how to handle spells and it's more combat oriented.
>>
>>378276251
>Icewind Dale

True but it's harder than Baldur's Gate series so I always find it a good prank on others.
>>
>>378276251
>>378276350
>>378276264
baldurs 1 it is then
thanks
>>
does bg1 tutu works in bgee?
>>
>>378271096
>elf

Let me tell you something about elves
>>
>>378276975
elvs are for?
>>
>>378277171
There's a reason no D&D game has an elf as canon mc
>>
>>378276581
BG1EE already uses the BG2 engine. No, it doesn't work but you don't need it.
>>
>>378277519
which reason?
>>
Who is the best BG2 character and why isn't it Haer Dalis?

>Best Tank in the entire game with protection spells
>Offensive / Defensive Spin
>Can use Carsomyr+5
>Spike Traps
>Improved Bard Song
>>
>>378276080
>Mutliclass are always a pain in the ass because Fighter or Thief aspects are not getting better
You wut? When you multiclass anything with mage you always get the higher armor class and hp rolls. You also get a larger use of weapons, and because of your higher hp and armor class, you're not forced to stay in the back, so that brand new +2, or higher twohander isn't wasted.
>>
>>378277828
Why not just spam Fireball like a pussy instead?
>>
>>378278071
+3 long bow does more damage, has more ammo, and doesn't deal party damage.Also fireball in the late game stops being a kill the room spell even in BG1.
>>
>>378278217
is obligatory to use bow as f/m to survive?
>>
File: 115.png (3KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
115.png
3KB, 430x373px
>Learn to play with Mage
>Can't play with any other class anymore because they are not versatile enough and lack a certain spell on a special fight
>>
>>378278401
Yes. BG1 happens to be an old school western RPG where the difficulty is unbalance up the ass. So you have to take your enemy from distance. It's also one of those games that once you keep levelling up you become overpowered way too soon.
>>
Brotip: All these people who tell you memes like you should do some wacky multi-dual class that can do everything are people who have played through the game 7 billion times and know basically everything about the game and do solo runs that give the high exp gain required for these builds to work properly.

In your first time just pick a class and stick with it.
>>
>>378278401
The main issue in BG1 is the low level/hp of you and your party. Most enemies can kill even your strongest fighters with 1 or 2 solids hits at those levels, so remaining out of melee range is important to your survival, if you don't want to be resting/healing-resting every 4 in-game hours. Also, bows give 2 attacks per round, and gain bonuses when used by characters with high dexterity.
>>
>>378278401
No, but that still doesn't mean that a multiclass is worse than a pure mage. You got your weapons plus buffs with f/m. You got your backstabs plus invis spells with t/m. And you got your protection buffs out the ass with c/m. The only downside to multiclass is the extra split exp, and that isn't even a big con compared to what you get when you multicalass.
>>
If you are thinking about BG Trilogy Run, go for Fighter / Mage Dual Class

>Play the entire BG1 as a Fighter
>Start BG2 as a Fighter/Mage and accept the power that flows in you
>Become a powerful Demigod and fulfill your destiny
>>
>>378278859
i will give up godhood to live a eatful life, with my love, my wild girl, my neera <3
>>
>>378278652
>In your first time just pick a class and stick with it.

Just pick Fighter with Long Bows and 2H Swords and you'll be doing fine.
>>
>>378277796
I love him too. God tier voice actor too.
>>
>play BG2
>get to spellhold
>use the glitch for unlimited XP
>steamroll the game
feels good mon
>>
>>378279064
If you want to ruin your entire series for yourself, there is a similar glitch in BG1 Durlag's Tower that you can use as soon as you get out of Candlekeep.
>>
>>378279150
You knew about it? I thought I was the only one! Prove it!
>>
>BG2
>Play as Good Aligned with max reputation
>Hell
>Feel like you want to embrace the evil within you turn 180 on everyone and become evil incarnate.

What use is it to be good when everyone wants to see you dead in ToB?
>>
Is dual-classing useful?
>>
>>378279359
It's pretty well known.
https://youtu.be/Pcu0xgd2izc?t=260
>>
>using whiny NPCs when you can make a broken party
>bhaalspawn human berserker/mage 13/28 gets 6 attacks per round (8 with the proficiency fix) using the black blade of disaster and spamming dispel magic on other mages
>5 half-orc kensais with 10 attacks per round, +13 damage and always dealing max damage
>every character in the party has 25 all attributes from wish
>you'll be dealing around 250 damage per round, enough to kill just about anything within a single round

>>378279380

Dual-classed berserker/mage is the best character in the game.
>>
>>378279484
I meant the one in spellhold in BG2. Describe it to me.
>>
>>378279590
It's the same as the BG1 I believe. You talk to someone several times and complete the same quest multiple times for multiple XP rewards.

I've never used it myself because leveling up is part of the fun, so I just heard about it.
>>
>>378279567

Wait, I'm retarded. It'd be more like 2500 damage per round.
>>
The only playthrough I haven't touched is the neutral playthrough, with only Neutral party members.

In BG2 neutral members are few. Jaheira doesn't count.
>>
>>378279696
Okay. I was always doing it on a certain talking face in the spellhold maze. Getting myself up to level 30 didn't seem like fun so I was only doing it to around level 14.
>>
>>378273239
This. I built my character around bows and ended up carrying just by kiting (I was playing with other players).
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.