[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since FOX wasn't a unit of the Army, what branch of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Since FOX wasn't a unit of the Army, what branch of the military was it a part of?
>>
>>378257467
CIA
>>
>>378257835
The CIA is not a branch of the American Armed Forces.
>>
>>378257901
SOG
>>
>>378257467
it wasn't a part of the military at all. it was a CIA covert op group
>>
>>378257901
Are you mistaking FOX for FOXHOUND?
>>
>>378258043
Foxhound was created by the Army after the events of MGS3, as said at the end of MGS3
>>
>>378257467
>>378257835
Force Operations X was a CIA covert operations group. The unit was specifically designed to handle top secret sneaking and infiltration missions and other black ops.

It's successor, Foxhound while following the same job description was retained under US Army control.

The idea of FOX though is probably based off the Special Activities Division however FOX's mandate was to not to leave a single trace (which Big Boss casually goes to fuck up) with no equipment, given to them that could identify who they are. Regardless however in MGS3 Naked Snake's pouchs and HALO jump mask display a prominent "US Army" lettering on them.

Pic unrelated, I just thought of it.
>>
>>378258385
>FOX's mandate was to not to leave a single trace (which Big Boss casually goes to fuck up)

You retard. They say it in the hospital flashbacks and codec calls. They have to leave some trace so the Kremlin knows it was the Americans that held their end of the deal.
>>
>>378259637
>You retard. They say it in the hospital flashbacks and codec calls. They have to leave some trace so the Kremlin knows it was the Americans that held their end of the deal.

Those were special circumstances. During normal (or seemingly-normal) missions (e.g. the Virtuous Mission), FOX agents aren't supposed to leave any traces.
>>
>>378258385
>>378259637
Also, that was the purpose of XOF. Clean up what Big Boss does
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.