[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-no levels -no environment -pixelated graphics -no AI -nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
-no levels
-no environment
-pixelated graphics
-no AI
-nothing to do except shoot skulls

Devil Daggers is offensively bad. How does this shit get overwhelmingly positive reviews? Steam community is autistic.
>>
>Gamers™ are autistic
tell me something new
>>
>>378256490

The game is cheap as fuck. It's only $5 even if you're an absolute retard who buys games at full price, and it was already in the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle. Why complain about it?

The mechanics are simple but there is enough depth to the gameplay to make it interesting once you get good. Let me guess, you can't kill the first spider?
>>
>$5
>Pure gameplay
>Tight controls
>Competitive
already better than most shooters on steam
>>
>>378257000
Because I don't want to play a shitty game. A shitty game is shitty no matter what it costs. I wouldn't play this shit if it was free. And there are actually plenty of free games that are much better.
>>
>Completely missing the point of the game.

GG.
>>
Because it's fun to play and the more chaotic it gets the more fun it is. It's also very cheap and very easy to just spent 10 minutes dicking around in to pass the time every now and then.
>>
>>378257776

So don't play it. We really don't care.

In my opinion, Devil Daggers is a good game if you like the genre. Regardless of my opinion, however, it's obvious that you do not like the genre at all, if you're complaining about "nothing to do except shoot". It's also obvious that you bought the game and couldn't get a refund; otherwise you wouldn't be mad enough to create a thread about it. So I have to ask: Why did you buy this game if you don't like the genre? Did you think it was something else?
>>
>>378258404
FPS is my favorite genre. I bought the game and got a refund because it's horrible. I assumed there would be levels, since I never heard of an FPS without levels before. Even Serious Sam which is the closest relative to this has levels (and characters, and more weapons, and more varied enemies). This is several times worse than Serious Sam.
>>
>>378259007
t. couldn't pass the 1 minute mark
Embarrassing, anon.
>>
Serious sam also has more enemies, weapons, and characters than Quake does. But that doesn't make it a better game, or even all that comparable.

Serious sam is ok, but you can't really compare it to Devil Dagger, they are completely different games that only share the fact that they are FPS's where you shoot a bunch.

Devil Daggers is far more refined with much less stupid trial and error bullshit and hitscan enemies.
>>
>>378259007

If you seriously think that all first-person shooters are alike and that Serious Sam is the closest relative to Devil Daggers, you haven't played very many video games.

Next time, don't buy a game without knowing anything about it.
>>
>>378259007
>FPS is my favorite genre
>I never heard of an FPS without levels before
>Serious Sam ... is the closest relative to [Devil Daggers]

Are you sure it's your favorite genre? Because you don't seem to understand it.

Serious Sam is a good game. Devil Daggers is a good game. They are not in the same genre.

"First-person shooter" is hardly a genre at all. Shooting is a gameplay mechanic, and first-person is a perspective.
>>
File: 1495698757249.jpg (19KB, 208x214px) Image search: [Google]
1495698757249.jpg
19KB, 208x214px
I love this game /v/ but I suck SO hard at it. I currently can't even make it past the 80 second mark or so, and even then it takes me many tries to get back to that point.

I just love the intensity and thrill of it but it's so chaotic with so much shit and you can only get hit once...can I get any pointers to help me? ARE there even any pointers besides "get gud" since it's such a simple game?
>>
>>378260714
if you play long enough you will start to see the spawning pattern for everything
>>
>>378260158
>>378259781
This. DD is closer to Super Hexagon than Serious Sam.
>>
>>378259781
>If you seriously think that all first-person shooters are alike and that Serious Sam is the closest relative to Devil Daggers, you haven't played very many video games.
Maybe you can enlighten me then. Probably not though since it's obviously the truth.

>>378260158
>"First-person shooter" is hardly a genre at all. Shooting is a gameplay mechanic, and first-person is a perspective.
You've lost your mind. Video game genres are DEFINED BY THEIR MECHANICS.

Not surprised Devil Daggers players are wannabe hardcore poor autists.
>>
>>378260714
sauce pls
>>
>>378260714

I'm in the same situation, except my record is just over 300 seconds. I've been stuck there for a long time.

I'm not sure what advice to give. You can watch replays, I guess, but all of the top players probably farm spawners and use other strategies that aren't viable for beginners.
>>
I mean I wouldn't mind some updates with new game modes but DD is fine, it's cheap and it has a simple premise, survive a bunch of hard enemies as long as possible with tight controls. That's it.
>>
File: tumblr_o9rot5XBLY1ugsx1xo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9rot5XBLY1ugsx1xo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x480px
>>378260714
I used to be in 15th place before they patched it and added new enemies that made it even harder, now I'm out of practice and suck too. My best advice would be to shoot at the top of the obelisk things before they spawn skulls. You can usually kill an entire wave preemptively if you spread it just right. Also try to have a clean arena by the time the first centipede shows up. If you can't stand under it and collect all its gems then you won't make it much further. You absolutely need that third upgrade before the next couple of waves spawn in.
>>
>>378260969

The problem is that "first-person shooter" is too broad, dingus. Devil Daggers, Serious Sam, Call of Duty, Painkiller, Half-Life, Quake, and BioShock are all first-person shooters, but these games are all very different from one another. They all involve shooting in first person, but they have very different mechanics. Treating "first-person shooter" as a single genre is ridiculous; you need to look at subgenres of "first-person shooter" if you want to find similar games.

I should also point out that a game can belong to more than one genre. That's why Devil Daggers has more in common with Geometry Wars than with Serious Sam.
>>
>Reddit Daggers
>>
>>378261251
Do you know when it's best to switch between shotgun and rapid fire? I can't seem to get a good handle on that and sometimes just randomly do it and fuck myself over.

From what I can kind of tell, it seems like the shotgun works best for closely packed groups of trash like skulls and stuff, but rapid fire works better if your trying to snipe spawners from across the arena? Is that even right?

So in that case it would be best to shoot above the obelisks with the shotgun before they spawn skulls right?

Also is jumping useful at all?
>>
>>378256490
none of those things you mention make it bad.
>>
>>378262115
It's kind of counter-intuitive, but the rapid fire is actually better for crowds of small skulls and high HP enemies up close. It does more damage per second and can cover more area if you use your movement keys to aim as well as your mouse. The shotgun is really good for spawners and those green spiders when you're too far to kill them normally, since its pellets move much faster and it can deal damage in quick bursts before they turn away from you. I usually shoot at the top of the spawners with the primary fire in a spiral pattern, but you can use the shotgun too if you're overwhelmed and don't have time to keep looking in one spot.

Also, bunny hopping makes you much faster and you can even rocket jump if you look down and shotgun blast while jumping. I think they're both really useful, but I remember the record time belonging to somebody who never bunny hopped or rocket jumped at one point so I guess they're not necessary.
>>
>>378256490
It's more fun then Strafe at 1/4 the price!!
>>
File: 133877962379.gif (16KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
133877962379.gif
16KB, 320x288px
>>378263443
thanks for the tips anon!
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gASyYdQM0nc

Nah, this game is great. I got to get back into it and actually beat 500 seconds, but fuck me does it exhaust me to play.
>>
this game creeps the fuck out of me and i have no idea why. even the menu is pretty creepy.

no other game does this to me.
>>
>>378261413
literally the first place I saw this game was on /v/ in the indie game dev threads when it was just one spawner.
>>
>>378264104
No problem, anon. I hope they help. Also I forgot to mention, but the red gems don't gravitate towards you while you're shooting and the shotgun blast actually repels them. They're pretty essential for getting further, so it helps to stop shooting every so often just long enough to suck up all the red gems.
>>
>>378264780
atmosphere my man

it's been mostly lost in horror for ages but its what makes things legitimately scary
>>
>>378265558
>tfw never acquired final upgrade
Last I played I was trying to learn farming, but fuck 230 seconds and all the spawners that pretty much have to be cleared in 30 seconds.
>>
>Shill Daggers
>>
>>378260969
>Videogames are defined by their mechanics
partially, largely, yes

which is exactly why it's retarded to compare serious sam to devil daggers, the mechanics are completely different

lets go ahead and compare gone home to DOOM if that's what you want to do, dummy.

Or hell, COD to GTAV. Why the fuck not, right? Both are/can be first person, and both involve shooting, so they are clearly the same game, right?

Lets go ahead and lump ARMA and Duke Nukem 3d together as well. Clearly identical.

Devil Daggers is far closer to a game like Geometry wars, if it was first person. Not serious sam.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.