[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start game >controls suck ass >game does a terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: nier automota.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
nier automota.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
>start game
>controls suck ass
>game does a terrible job teaching me how to play
>reach first boss 30 minutes in
>die
>lose all progress and have to start all over again

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
Check my 5
>>
File: baby-cry.jpg (52KB, 507x337px) Image search: [Google]
baby-cry.jpg
52KB, 507x337px
>>378251180
>>
>dying to the first boss

lmao
>>
>>378251180
>controls suck ass
stopped reading there
>>
>>378251180

>game auto-heals you
>still die to the boss of the tutorial segment

Plug in a controller anon.
>>
>>378251559
Why would anyone play the with a keyboard
>>
>>378251180
>>game does a terrible job teaching me how to play
is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>378251180
Fucking what? It displays the controls right next to your character. Do you need the game to press the buttons for you to?
Because it can.
>>
>>378251180
It's more like 5-10 minutes to reach the first boos you dumbass liar.

The default controls are stupid. Make custom controls, dumbass. Dodge is pretty spammable even while doing strings and it gives you initial iframes. After you get out of tutorial area you can save a lot more often.
>>
>>378251662

probably because its a poor child with a pirated copy who possibly doesnt even own one
>>
>>378251547
All of the three default control schemes offered seemed stupid to me. Luckily, the game lets you make your own custom controls.
>>
>>378251180
thats because the game cant teach you to git gud
>>
>>378251687
The only thing it taught me is how to shoot and dash. All the melee attacks, jumping, and other random shit that happened when I pushed buttons was completely unexplained. I could never figure out how to dodge, if that even exists. I wouldn't know because the game never told me.

People like to shit on Souls, but at least it fucking tells you how the game works. This is terrible game design.
>>
>>378251925
hence why i stopped reading there
>>
>>378252010
> poor dumbass crybaby needs every little detail explained to him

lel
>>
>>378251180
Tbh the first boss is the hardest one in the game
>>
>>378252010
Nah. Game tells you what button to press to evade in the opening segment. Custom controls would tell you what buttons push what too so you really have no excuse anon
>>
Alright, so I beat this game yesterday. Can we talk about route C? Why does hard mode feel retardedly balanced in route C? I have never felt more frustrated with a game than trying to play on hard in this shitty route. Route A and B were a cakewalk but route C felt annoying as hell. Certain enemies just one-shot me or two-shot me at best. Was this designed like this on purpose? I don't mind difficulty but beating this shit on hard didn't feel like I accomplished anything with my skills and rather it felt like I just hit my head against the wall enough to eventually break it.
>>
>>378252010
This is not true. It shows you the attack buttons during the very first minutes of the game. You just thought that the buttons for the jet didn't apply for on-ground action.
>>
>>378252415
git gud lololololololololololololololololololol

am I doing this right?
>>
>>378252169
All the bosses in this game are a major disappointment. I can't think of one memorable boss at all. Even Adam and Eve were such pushovers.
>>
File: 1452132076439.png (2MB, 997x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1452132076439.png
2MB, 997x1462px
>>378251180
I do agree that the game is somewhat asinine when it comes to saving progress at certain times

Worry not, for it gets better as you get used to it; however, if you do not fall into one of the following categories:

>Hack'n'slash / platinum fan
>Yoko Taro fan
>General weeaboo

then you may as well drop the game right now, you will not like it, guaranteed
>>
>>378252010
(you)
>>
>>378252010
>taught how to dash
>doesn't know how to dodge
You're literally retarded anon. The game labels the 'dash' as evade, which is another word for dodge. It also tells you what button does melee attacks and jumping too, despite them being the standard control scheme for action games.
>>
>>378252537
This. The only boss I liked was the opera singer and thats mainly because I like the boss theme

They make you fight that crab/spider machine 6 times. The secret boss in ending Y is the same as the boss you fight in the desert at the beginning of route C. Extremely disappointing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.