[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you decide on your main? Was it playstyle, carryover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: Super_Smash_Bros_4_logo.png (103KB, 480x207px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_4_logo.png
103KB, 480x207px
How did you decide on your main? Was it playstyle, carryover from past games, simply liking the character, etc?
>>
File: 1454188075755.png (18KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454188075755.png
18KB, 557x605px
All of the above.
>>
>>378245540
Don't have one
Play several characters who playstyles I enjoy
>>
I liked Zelda because of her flashy combo strings, nair, and lightning kicks
>>
>>378245540
Ganondorf. I like being a hipster, i like his flavor, and I like ohko punches, and his meteor smashes are super good.
>>
I main Young Link is SSBM.
I picked him cause he has good match ups vs floaties and great kite potential vs spacies. I like being slippery and deceiving and Young Link provides this play style as it's reinforced even more with Melee's air dodge mechanics (wavedash/landash).
>>
Marth because I mained him in Melee

Mewtwoo because I always wanted to main him and he finally became viable
>>
File: Luigi Melee.jpg (114KB, 432x560px) Image search: [Google]
Luigi Melee.jpg
114KB, 432x560px
Luigi since 64

At first it was just so I could have a Green Mario
Then I saw he had a hard-hitting uppercut

Then Melee came out and he was a slippery cunt with a hard-hitting uppercut

Then Brawl came out and I dropped it after a week until Project M came out and made him a slippery cunt with a hard-hitting uppercut that could store his misfired side-Bs to be fired whenever I wanted

Then 4 came out and he rocketed up to the top of the tiers early on until DLC and updates rekt him, but I still play him because he has yet to let me down after almost 20 years
>>
>>378245540
I played primarily as Link throughout 64, Melee, and Brawl. I switched to Roy in Melee after I unlocked him like most 7 year-olds did back then, but Link was still my og shitkicker until Brawl where he got really heavy for some reason (first game I ever played I used Link, and I remember noticing immediately he was heavier since I couldn't do all the same jumps in the Temple stage from Melee using only his two jumps and needed to use his Up+B) so when I unlocked Toon Link I switched to him. Then Mega Man was announced as playable when SSB4 was shown in the direct, and decided right then and there I'd main him.
>>
>>378245540
Everything you said, kirby is king
>>
>>378245540

Purely play style.

No matter how much I wanted to main peach, she just doesn't have my play style.
>>
File: tfw inteligennt.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tfw inteligennt.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
Captain Falcon in 64 and Melee doubles, Falco in Melee singles, and Roy in PM.
>>
File: jerkcity3667.gif (18KB, 588x288px) Image search: [Google]
jerkcity3667.gif
18KB, 588x288px
In any game I play, I naturally gravitate towards characters who are considered "low tier" so I can feel better about myself when I win and also make excuses when I lose. I also easily get upset when playing against good players who happen to be using high tier characters.

I sold Sm4sh a while ago but I mainly played Dedede, Wario, and Dr. Mario.
>>
>>378245540
All of the above.

I main Ryu and ZSS (don't be one of those autists who have to point out that "main" means "singular").

I main Ryu because I fucking love Mr. Fighting Games, and his command inputs make him so much fun to play. Landing his true input shoryuken is so satisfying, plus he has so much combo potential.

I also main ZSS because I'm a huge Metroidfag and since regular Samus sucks in this game, I had to pick somebody. It doesn't hurt that I love the way that she plays and she herself is extremely satisfying to use. I exclusively use the Zero Mission ending skin.
>>
File: a46.png (207KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
a46.png
207KB, 700x526px
bayo, all 3
>>
File: 1428685260020.gif (827KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428685260020.gif
827KB, 500x281px
My man the Captain.

Always thought he looked cool. Super confident muscled man. With a huge bulge in a PG 13 game for some reason.

Didn't click until Brawl Minus though, where he was a beast. Kept on playing him since then. Love his swift, powerful moves without gimmicks. No ranged attacks either, not a fan of those.
>>
>>378248396
My man.

Bayonetta is very satisfying to play as and such a cheeky cunt, even as PG-13 material. Those taunts really get under some people's skins.
>>
Chose ganondorf because I can't pull off super quick combos and I've always liked him. Plus he is a dick so he's cool
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.