[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it contrarian these days to think grand theft auto 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gta4.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gta4.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
Is it contrarian these days to think grand theft auto 4 was a good game?
>>
>>378233863

Who cares if it's contrarian or not? If you enjoy it, good for you, if you don't enjoy it, that's fine too.
>>
the missions were boring but i liked the actual fucking around gameplay/physics way better than 5
>>
Haven't played 5, but 4 was a boring mess.
The only fun mission was that bankrobbery one.
>>
>>378233863
I think disliking GTA IV in the first place was contrarian, especially right before GTA V came out (there's no reason for projecting a negative light on an almost-launch's prequel). It's GTA. You drive around, get upgrades, and this game actually lets you aim while in a vehicle. The driving is deep vs. the 3D games. It also has good wall-climb / roof-traversal mechanics, not to mention police AI.
>>
>>378233970

Damn...really makes me think
>>
>>378233863
terrible missions, characters and driving but the sandbox and police AI were better. meanwhile GTAV was mostly the opposite.

i still think GTAV's missions were lacking. i think the biggest sin is that heists are amazing but there are only a couple and you can't even repeat them. i'm hoping RDR2/GTA6 focus on heists.
>>
>>378233863
I liked it when I was younger, I would go out and look for the cool cars and park them in the little space outside of the house so that they would save

Anyone else that did this?
>>
It's my favourite
>>
>>378233979
>>378236614
These. Core gameplay of GTAIV was fantastic, they just didn't utilize it with decent missions or story.

GTAV had good mission variety but for some reason they turned the gunplay, AI, and physics to shit.
>>
File: re6-logo.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
re6-logo.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
For years, yes, it was. Not anymore. People have come around to it again for some reason. Same with RE5, but I can easily explain that one. Pic related.
>>
>>378238870
i actually preferred the physics and gunplay in V but i agree the AI was awful
>>
File: RNCnmX8.jpg (10KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
RNCnmX8.jpg
10KB, 255x248px
>>378233863
Really missed the arcadey feel of 3 but 4 was just fine when it came out. I haven't played 5.
>>
>>378233863

It's not contrarian to say it was a good game, it's contrarian to say it's better than 5.
>>
I enjoyed it

but I'm autistic sim racing scum and it was a great city driving game

>watching your friends play and they just rip the ebrake into an acute right at 80mph expecting it to work
>they never thought to pump their brakes either
>>
Having any opinion here is contrarian.
>>
>>378233863
No, gta 4 was atleast 7/10
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.