[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend is really into grinding He got 900 rupees from that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1495637176016.gif (485KB, 220x227px) Image search: [Google]
1495637176016.gif
485KB, 220x227px
My friend is really into grinding
He got 900 rupees from that one grass pstch near the beginning of Link's Awakening to buy the bow. He spends hundreds of turns boss abusing in Fire Emblem. He evolved his starter before the first gym.
Are any of you like this?
>>
>He evolved his starter before the first gym.
Are we talking the 1st evolution or second?
>>
>>378226940
I like grinding, nothing that hard out though, although I have spent many hours on item drop grinding for various games.
The most grinding I did (not for an item drop) ,probably could've been avoided but I beat DQIX with one person.
>>
>>378227049
Second. He's fucking hardcore.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>378226940
I'm not like it, but I have a friend that does that autisticly. It's annoying sometimes because he is really full of himself and thinks he sooo good at video games, even if he spends x10 grinding compared to anyone else and breezes past stuff.
>>
I recently discovered Cladun X2 for myself, and after 50 hours I can say: maybe I do like grinding?
>>
>>378226940
Childhood is grinding so you can beat anything in the game.
Adulthood is not grinding and enjoying the challenge of being underleveled.
>>
>>378226940
I enjoy comfy grind if I'm making clear progression with my grind like with DQIX where putting 100 points into each class's specific tree gives permanent benefits from then onward, but I've never been autistic enough to boss abuse for more than a few levels in FE.

I did get Nils to level 20 on the 2nd last seize chapter in Lyn's mode once though. I've also arena abused, but that's not as fiddly as boss abuse.
>>
>>378226940
I hate grinding in any game
>>
>>378227507
Childhood is grinding so you can beat anything in the game.
Adulthood is grinding because you enjoy it.
>>
File: 1325231235857.png (313KB, 922x541px) Image search: [Google]
1325231235857.png
313KB, 922x541px
>>378226940

Yes, in games that have a certain leveling mechanic that interests me. For example, leveling skills in Star Ocean 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics. When there are so many different ways to build up your characters, it's easy to get carried away.
>>
File: warframe2.png (37KB, 237x171px) Image search: [Google]
warframe2.png
37KB, 237x171px
>>378226940
Just got my 500 day login reward.
>>
>>378227258
There's a fair chance that your friend is autistic.
>>
>>378226940
I once spent around 40 minutes digging the same red ruby out of the dirt outside of links house in the minish cap since it respawns.
>>
>>378228576
Oh yeah definitely. I've known that since we were kids.
>>
>>378228104
Fight the good fight, brother.
I may rejoin you in grinding Valhalla sooner than I first thought.
>>
>>378228785
I believe fully evolving your starter before the first gym might take more time than finishing the whole game normally. Holy shit.
>>
File: Warframe0943.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Warframe0943.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>378229039
Oberon Prime in a couple of days bro.
>>
>>378226940
you should introduce him to League of Legends, he'll feel right at home
>>
>tfw ground the stockmarket in X3 until I had billions to found my own self sufficient meatpacking complex
>>
>>378230264
>Not grinding your money up by doing manual trade runs, then buying more trade ships to trade autonomously, then buying factories to fill holes in the supply that you caused, so eventually the NPC universe relies on your services to function
>Not creating a thousand-station closed-loop energy complex with energy cells set to minimum and 300 TSs supporting it to distribute energy cells across the universe, eventually causing all factories to become full of wares that they can't shift because the equipment docks are full, so the AI starts to remove "unprofitable" and "stagnant" stations, leaving just your own factories and the trade stations, shipyards and equipment docks of every faction in the game
Casual
>>
>>378226940
I like grinding while listening to podcasts/music

I might be autistic
>>
>>378230264
>>378230758
stuff like this sounds fun. i recognize my own autism when i see it. why don't you channel that autism to making money in the financial market. i'm being completely serious here.
>>
>>378227921
does anyone have the gamefaqs thing uli did for some final fantasy game where he comments on how the game felt kind of trivial when he just grinded all his shit to level cap in like an early area of the game and stomped the rest?
>>
Grinding is only good if it doesnt feel like grinding. A good example is kingdoms of amalur.

Its a difficult balance to strike
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.