[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ praises das3 as the best game in the soulsborne series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 26

File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88KB, 332x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88KB, 332x330px
>It's the only game I literally can't force myself to replay because everything was boring, safe and uninspired
>>
Biggest bait thread ever.

It's a great game. People might prefer Demon's, Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 2 is irredeemable shit. Scholars of the First Sin is noticeably worse except for No Man's Wharf and Dragon Shrine.

Ashes of Ariandel was fun. Brume Tower was shite.
>>
>>378225871
2 falls under the category of its a good game just not a great souls game.
>>
File: 1485287657413.png (305KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1485287657413.png
305KB, 500x447px
>>378225871
>Ashes of Ariandel was fun. Brume Tower was shite.
>>
>>378225728
>how dare he have different opinions to me

DS2 may be a clusterfuck, but at least it's fun. DS3 is an absolute slog which just happens to feature some of the best bosses in the series, strung together with recycled DS1/BB levels with less content.
>>
>>378225970

I'll concede to that but Scholar of the First Sin is really bad compared to Dark Souls 2.

(DLCs for both versions are identical.)

>>378225985

:)
>>
>>378225728
>my opinion differs from the hivemind
>it is they who are wrong
>>
>>378226075
Kek. So popular things are inherently good then? League of Legends must be the best game ever created then
>>
>>378225728
False.
It's generally agreed that it's the worst, besides DaS2 (obviously).
>>
>>378226262
>It's generally agreed that it's the wors
>Freide is the best boss in the series
>worst
>>
File: Please.gif (2MB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
Please.gif
2MB, 300x219px
>>378226484
>this one boss in the DLC is good guys! That redeems the entire game! Honest!
Go be a giant faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>378226484
>>378226629
Multiple phases were a mistake
>>
>>378226629
>.gif
>>
>>378226629
>Abyss watchers
>Pontiff
>Nameless king
>SoC
>Gael
>Gragonslayer armor
>Yhorm
>Champion
>Midir
How can bloodborne and others souls games even compete
>>
>>378225728
>played through once
>played through AoA
>no desire to finish the second DLC despite playing through every other Souls game at least twice, even Bloodborne very recently
Meme all you want but it's the least interesting of all the games, I think it's still better than 2 because of the level of polish and tight feeling combat but it's a weak game
>>
>>378226484
>Freide is the best boss in the series
It was good but holy hell it was nowhere near the best, even if you don't count Bloodborne it wasn't even the best boss in it's own game
>>
>>378225728
>bonfires within 30 feet of each other to pander to casuals
>/v/ gets invaded by retarddit
>"we love dark souls 3. Only a true bad ass can play this game and win it. It's the most hardcore, skilled experience in gaming, and I truly feel sad for anyone who has to play games like call of duty since they aren't good enough for this game"
>>
>>378226843
It can't be better than das2 just because I can actually play through terrible das2 levels again and again, but "great designed" das3 levels bore me to the death after fucking 1 walkthrough
>>
>>378226836
Only Pontiff and Gundyr are the only good bosses. The rest of them are piss easy shit. Nameless King for example has maximum limit range for certain attacks and can be continuously baited without fail into doing just charges. Midir is a shit boss with blotated HP and Damage.
And putting Yhorm and Abyss Watchers is why Shit souls 3 babies are laughed at.
>>
I agree with you, OP.

First DLC came out, I re-downloaded it, couldn't be arsed to play it, delete. Second DLC came out, the same thing.

It's a pile of trash and the nail that basically sealed this series fate. Dark Souls ended with 1. Funny, I can still play and replay that game without feeling like I am forcing myself to.
>>
>>378226843
The combat doesn't feel tight at all. It feels like bloodbourne combat in the dark souls gameplay which doesn't work at all.
>>
>>378226836
>gwyn was disappointing because you can parry him
>look at all these parry bait bosses
And, you know, the fact that the core gameplay doesn't improve in any way because of the bosses. Doesn't change walking with estus, infinite rolling, summoning 3 players to help you, being easily the most linear of the entire series, the removal of poise before launch but leaving in poise related items, OP long swords. And for any decent boss, there's a shitty one. Wolnir? Ancient Wyvern? Yhorm (why you listed him as good is beyond comprehension), Deacons?
The game is literally "Dark Souls: Greatest hits" and it's boring as fuck because of it.
>>
>>378225728
>88 KB JPG
>>/v/ praises das3 as the best game in the soulsborne series
This has never happened
>>
>>378227160
Maybe that's 'cause you played through DaS2 one too many times? The games aren't fundamentally that different, you know.

Lol, you burned yourself out on the Souls series on the B-list entry, that's B for Black Sheep, and now you will never know the glory of the pinnacle of them all.
>>
Lotta contrarian cunts in this thread I see.
>>
>>378225728
When did that happen?
>>
DaS > BB > DeS = DaS3 >>> DaS2
Objectively correct.
>>
>>378226843
>Tight feeling combat
It's the least coherent game in the series in terms of combat. You're playing a mixture of Dark Souls and Bloodborne while the enemies are playing Demons Souls and the bosses are playing Ninja Gaiden.

For a supposedly shit game, Dark Souls 2 gave me way more playtime and entertainment.
>>
>>378225728
I'm finally playing BB at a friends and its already better than das3 and I'm only at old yarnham.

Sure fashion souls but outside that and pvp das3 has nothing that was done very good.

It ignores what made 1 so amazing and ditched all the qol improvements and things that worked in 2. I can see why people say its bb-lite after seeing how the gameplay is so fucking similar when fighting trash mobs.
>>
>>378227458
>Lol, you burned yourself
Just finished my yearly replay of all souls games(bloodborne included), but instead of continuing after wall in das3 I just returned to the chalice farm
>>378227602
Shit tier list
There no way das is better than bb
There no way garbage like das3 is on the same level as des
There no way das3 is better than das2
>>
>>378227602
Based on what? Literally everything can be understood in a million different ways, so many ways there can be no canonical account.

Also shouldn't DeS be higher up as a matter of principle? It was the herald of all that followed, after all. You seem perhaps ungrateful - or rather those like you, not so much you, personally.
>>
>>378227458
>hurr you just played it too much

Wrong, I can still pick up any other souls and find a new way to approach the game.
>>
>>378227730
Funny how I was on the DS 2 hate wagon too and to be honest, it does deserve it when we compare it to the 1st one.

But for fucks sake, 3 sucks so much dick and people just are in pure denial at this point. Can't accept that the 2nd one can be better than the MYAZAKI team Dark Souls.

Just face it, the game got popular. Filled with memes and it went casual as fuck. Fucking over the players who actually commit to the game for the easy buck.

DS1>>>>>>>>>>>>DS2>>>DS3
>>
>>378227863
>shouldn't DeS be higher up as a matter of principle? It was the herald of all that followed, after all.
It's this kind of retarded thinking that allows games to get a pass just because they were the first. DeS is in no way mechanically comparable to later entries and compared by its own merits, is a very weak entry. Simply rating it higher for being first is idiotic.
>>
>>378228029
It has the best atmosphere
>>
>>378228029
You can say the same about das
DeS at least felt like a finished game, das on the other hand had idiotic and useless covenants and terrible second part
>>
File: RED KNIGHT.jpg (501KB, 1280x2056px) Image search: [Google]
RED KNIGHT.jpg
501KB, 1280x2056px
DSIII = BB > DSII = DS

If you disagree then you are a part of the cancerous /v/ and must seek enlightenment.
>>
File: 1363728033639.png (459KB, 782x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1363728033639.png
459KB, 782x1022px
>>378227807
>Just finished my yearly replay of all souls games(bloodborne included),
>he replays the entire franchise one by one on a yearly schedule
>he actually maintains an annual Souls replay to-do list
>he even follows through with it
>he then brags about this on the internet
Why hello, fellow Sonic autist.

>commences secret elite internet autist society handshake
>>
>>378226843
>tight combat
>r1 spam now more than ever
>broadswords are light-years better than everything else
>No powerstancing
>poise is at its worst in the series
>magic is complete trash
>roll spam is piss easy and gives tons of iframes
Hmm
>>
>>378228221
They are fun to replay and there not many games worth playing coming out anyway
I don't see problem
I still replay victoria 2 too, and first neverwinter nights with expacks
But guess I shouldn't because they are too old or something
>>
>>378228221
>replaying a game you love is bad now

Not him but I do yearly birthday runs on alttp/smw and then I'll do medieval for Halloween and so on

I love replaying games when the time is right so I can relate to that anon.
>>
Straight swords 3 is godawful. None of the bosses were memorable at all. They were all trivial big "hit from the side or behind" monsters or generic knights. Include the facts that the game is linear as fuck, magic is still fucking boring, and all the combat is pressing fast attack because the enemies are bloodborne speed but youre not and you can see why it was so fucking boring
>>
>>378228515
I have a bad news for you...
>>
>>378228341
Don't forget that getting your shield broken means jack shit.

You can actually block the biggest dick attack with 1 stamina without losing anything as long as you got the 100% resistance of that attack type.

It's a fucking mess. Why do people defend this, even after being proven wrong time and time again?
>>
>>378225728
Bullshit, there has been so many constantly talking about how disappointing the game was, how repetitive it was, how shitty many of the environments were, how limited the builds are, how little replay the game has, how burnt out the game has become.
Gotta love how someone creates a lie, lumps /v/ all together into one opinion then proceeds to disagree with that made up opinion, the only thing you didn't do to be a full on cock sucking fag is to end with, "why is /v/ always wrong".
>>
Everyone bitching about melee weapons and parrys needs to grow up and play a Sorcerer. That will give you something to cry about it. Don't worry at least you won't feel triggered by long swords and R1 spam, because from now you don't have that option. You have no weapons. You're a fucking shitty ass mage and your only tool in life is a god damn stick, and it's weak and useless, and you will necessarily spend the entire playthrough running for your life, desperately trying not to get 1HKO'd by every single R1 that comes your way because fuck armor you don't get that anymore why because robes that's why. Bathrobes, ladels, and GHSA all day erry day.
>>
>>378228565
Just because you stopped playing games and only shitpost because you lost all joy in video games doesn't mean people who replay or enjoy games again are autistic anon.

fucking summer child
>>
>>378228515
having autism is pretty relatable
>>
>>378225728
2 and 3 make me feel that way
the "oh shit" things that happened only apply to the first playthrough

Oolacile shit in Farron, "Anor Londo and Gwyndoline", Fair Lady and the "Demon Ruins", the actual Painted World and Firelink Shrine in the DLCs and let's not forget Lapp, who is one of the known surviving characters from the start of Dark Souls

I can't really remember anything else, but for it being set in the same place, it really doesn't capture the feel even if I accept that the world is dying, it doesn't make me appreciate that everything fucking screams and that I'm left with so many unanswered questions that could have been answered
they weren't even mentioned, or they were but didn't add anything, or even retcon certain things
lol Ornstein was an illusion in the first game

it's better than 2 but that isn't saying much, it had so many problems though
I don't want to dislike it but I think about replaying it and I feel it's a core
>>
>>378228920
When a game is so bad you have to cripple yourself to pretend you enjoy it
>>
>straight swords meme
>/v/ has not played the game beyond its launch

Other than that, it has the best bosses of the series which is a huge plus. Everything else is debatable...
>>
File: 1490150057377.png (11KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1490150057377.png
11KB, 100x100px
Tries to be fast like BB, which just ruins the flow for me. Poise is fucked, enemies move at crystal meth speed, starting weapons like the long sword are better than most late game ones. It's like it's forcing you to make a Dex-Dodge build.
>>
>>378229124
>straight swords and other basic weapons with high attack speed arent the most OP shit in pve
Its just a meme XD
>>
Just finished with DS2: SotFS and now I'm considering whether to buy DS3. The standard edition is 25 eurobucks and GOTY is 40. I generally dislike playing DLCs for reasons unknown to me. Should I go for it and if yes, which one?
>>
I thought the items were thoughtfully placed in the world, and the early game for all classes is truly great. Refined.
>>
>>378229124
>>378229482

>1 2h UGS swing is slow as fuck and has 500-550 damage
>meanwhile you can attack twice with a 400-500 1h straight sword.

JUST MEMS GOYS x3
>>
>>378226836
Abyss Watchers are very mediocre, Pontiff is a mess, Dragonslayer is solid but very unimaginative, same as Gundyr, and I don't even know why Yhorm is there. I agree with the rest though.
>>
>>378229312
You can turn poise back on to how it was in DS1 with CE.
>>
>>378229067
You better not ever re-watch a show or movie then anon. Dont read the same book or even manual more than once. And DEFINITELY DO NOT browse the same image board every day to fit in with other anons.

You can never ingest media a second time unless your an autistic fuck.
>>
Has anybody noticed how bad the aliasing in ds3 is? It makes the game look awful when otherwise it would look great. DS2 seems to be the only souls game that has good antialiasing. Any idea how to fix this?
>>
>>378229726
What's CE?
>>
>>378229581
>objectively best to get the deep battle axe early on for any character except shitty mages
True, that is pretty refined
>>
>>378229898
CheatEngine. Poise was literally turned off in DS3, you can just turn it back on by changing a value.
>>
>>378225728
Nobody cares about you, faggot. I've replayed it 4 times. It's great for trying different builds because everything is so strict on resources.
>>
File: blackadder-huh.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
blackadder-huh.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>>378230041
>It's great for trying different builds because everything is so strict on resources
>>
>>378225728
I think the biggest issue with unreplayability of Dark Souls 3 is how damn fucking linear it is. I haven't played BB, but
>Demon's Souls: after clearing Phalanx you unlock all archstones and can clear the areas in the order you'd like
>Dark Souls 1: lots of shortcuts and shit, especially with Master Key
>Dark Souls 2: you can choose to pursue almost any Great Soul boss from the start, there's also stuff like doing the well area before encountering the ladder guy by buying the decreased drop damage ring from the cat
>Dark Souls 3: linear as fuck, only real "branch" is whether you complete Yhorm or consumed fucboi first
DaS3 does have the Dancer early if you kill the old woman, but stats wise she's way tiered towards endgame characters. And even if you do beat her you can't advance to Lothric.
>>
>>378228920
Just use the Heysel Pick bro.
>>
>>378226836
oh look, a list primarily of big dudes with armor and large weapons.

so unique.
>>
>>378230321
>>Dark Souls 2: you can choose to pursue almost any Great Soul boss from the start, there's also stuff like doing the well area before encountering the ladder guy by buying the decreased drop damage ring from the cat
Even better, if you wanna save your money you just need to strip naked, get Life Ring and Blue Crest, 22 Vit and then slowly walk off to survive the first fall.
>>
>>378230441
This shit right here is why das1 and 2 are good.

>do this random thing that no one would try and get to an area in a new way

Reminds me how the devs had to show speedrunners that you could skip ceaseless
>>
Dark Souls 3 is a good game, but it doesn't compare to Dark Souls 1 in terms of the atmosphere and world design. Dark Souls has an uncanny quality to it (possibly because everything is dim and blurry) that makes it so much more immersive than the later entries. Combat in 3 is better than people will admit, but I still prefer the weightier feeling that combat had in DS1 (e.g. actually being able to block attacks from larger enemies without getting staggered).
>>
>>378230441
Autism
>>
>>378230849
No, Judaism same thing
>>
>>378230745
>Dark Souls 3 is a good game
How so?
>>
>>378229482
>>378229612
>UGS
not my fault you're retarded

Anyway, weapons like the greataxe and yhorm's machete are far better at destroying bosses than any straight sword. Strength builds in general got a huge boost, not to mention the buff to Heavy infusion.

Also, if you're looking to use a fast weapon for pve, straight swords are again the worse option, as they are all outclassed by the milwood battle axe. Play the fucking game.
>>
>>378229124
>>378231135
>>/v/ has not played the game beyond its launch
>Play the fucking game
Why would I keep playing a game I don't like? Maybe it should have been good at launch.
>>
>>378231039
Its combat is like a hybrid between Bloodborne and the earlier Souls games. The levels are well designed if not as interconnected as 1 or 2 (similar to Bloodborne). Lots of good bosses. Pretty good music. The latest balance patches have really improved some of the weaker infusions.
>>
>>378231232
So you admit you were uninformed then? That's good enough for me, that's what I wanted to prove.

So why not just say you don't like the game from the beginning instead of giving bullshit reasons about why you supposedly hate it? On second thought, why post at all if you have nothing to contribute other than a downvote?
>>
>>378231135
>its okay because they changed it later

Pretty fucking lame excuse, and that explains why I was so much stronger without changing my character. When did they change shit because heavy was still pretty lackluster when AoA launched but TRC felt ezpz with my heavy
>>
>>378231607
>its okay because they changed it later
>Pretty fucking lame excuse
Are you 12 or something? Devs have been patching their games to improve balance and performance since multiplayer games were a thing. It literally is OK if they fix it later. That's what they're supposed to do.
>>
>>378231415
b8
>>
>>378231496
That was my first post in the thread, I don't know if you think I was one of those two but I'm not.
>people stop following a game when they stop playing it
Were you expecting something different?
>>
>>378231135
>>378231496

You just prove that the game still requires you to play in one way because it's fucking shit any other way.

It lacks replay ability because how uninteresting the builds have become and same goes with the gameplay.

And I don't know about the other anon, but I did replay the game quite recently with the latest DLC. And it's exactly like at release, a R1 spamfest.

You might be able to adjust for balancing issues, but you can't fix bad design. So please just get off your denial highhorse, the game is pure garbo.
>>
>>378231790
Excellent refutation. I admire your argument skills.
>>
>>378226047
People keep saying that DS3's bosses are the best in the series, but I would never play DS3 if it wasn't for the levels. I hate its bosses so much.
>>
>>378226075
>the majority is inherently right
>>
>>378231787
>since multiplayer games were a thing
Oh right.

I play these as single player RPGs and every other one was decent at launch.

If anything I am still upset that das1 and 2 got ez mode thanks to updates while DeS is still fantastic and the same as its NA launch because they didnt need 500 updates, just one or two since the game was already good.
>>
>>378232118
>DWGR nerf
>elemental weapon nerf
>ez mode nerf
>>
>>378227284
Poise is in, it's just more situational now. It activates during attacks now, so it really only helps you dominate trades with certain enemies and players, instead of making you an unflinching monster that doesn't feel pain.

As for greatest hits: the game. Naw. You're talking about dark souls 2 right?

Yeah they added anor londo, but at least they put a bit of a spin on it. It's not just taken straight out of 1. They added old armor sets, but who gives a shit about that!? It's more armor, and the ones they brought back are some of the best anyway.

As for long swords, don't use em. Infinite rolling... uhh don't level up your stamina then, fucker. If the game's too easy, you can always gimp yourself. Ever heard of a challenge run? There's niggas playing at sl1 the whole game with no armor and fists. Did you know you could do that?
>>
>>378232328
I was talking about environments and item accessibility mostly.

Weapons got nerfed even in des before it hit us so thats something that will most likely always happen. Needing 500 patches to do something that should have been done in 3 is fucking retarded and shows they dont play their own games.
>>
>>378232459
>hurr just gimp yourself
>>
>>378232459
>people still defending hyper armor as a replacement for poise

Damn the brainwashing is strong.
Heres the thing. There are other ways to balance a broken armor set like havels and its not by scrapping the entire fucking system at the last second. Give it stamina penalties that matter for instance. There are dozens of ways.
>>
>>378232873
Because it was good and felt natural
>>
File: 1489594746801.jpg (23KB, 359x316px) Image search: [Google]
1489594746801.jpg
23KB, 359x316px
>>378232459
>Dark Souls 2 adds a fuckton of new armors, weapons and locations, not all great but still new.
>Dark Souls 3 just brings back a bunch of old armors, old locations, fanservice and references from previous games, no matter how retarded they might be
>Durr Dark Souls 2 is the great hits: the game

Holy shit i've never such a retarded post in my life
>>
>>378228584
You're dumb. You get stunned and then take extra damage if you get hit afterwards, which you probly will cause enemies attack much more rapidly in this. And there are enemies with unblockable attacks.
>>
>bosses charge you down so aggressively that ranged never feels safer or a more effective choice than just fucking meleeing them
Literally what is the fucking point?
>>
>>378229962
>>378229898
>>378229726
>>378229312
Then you'll probly get banned from online afterwards. And poise does work, it's just not as good as before. It works while you're attacking, so it helps mostly with trades, which is pretty helpful for strength builds, especially ones using bigger weapons.
>>
File: 1457324396505.jpg (271KB, 658x579px) Image search: [Google]
1457324396505.jpg
271KB, 658x579px
>>378225728
I have never played a game that felt so under contract before. It was certainly not a labor of love compared to BB, DaS or DeS.
>>
>>378225728
I get what you mean man. I haven't even finished it yet because of how they fucked armor and tanky characters, it totally ruined my play style
>>
I really didn't like Dark Souls 3. While 2 had it's low points, the good things about it were really good and make it worth replaying. Meanwhile I haven't touched 3 since I finished my first playthrough at release even though I have the season pass, I just can't bother myself to replay it just for DLC.
>>
>>378225728
>boring, safe and uninspired

Just how nu-/v/ likes it. Face it, /v/ is now saturated with the Assassin's Creed generation.
>>
>>378225728
If DaS 1 had DaS's mechanics, it'd be god-tier.

Each game has strengths and weaknesses. All are about the same in quality, and literally only nostalgia or consolewar faggotry is what makes people stick to one or the other.

The entire series is just good. I don't understand why you people get so violently defensive or aggressive towards other opinions and can't just like the series for what it is.
>>
2 is more fun than 3.
>>
>>378234495
Same boat with you my man. Got to maybe half way through 3 and just said fuck it. Have not played 2 since launch but recently grabbed SOTFS for my PS4. I think ill just spend my day playing that. Really excited because I heard pyromancy got shown a lot of love.
>>
>>378234826
I'd probably like DaS1 less if it had DaS3's mechanics, and not just by a little.
>>
I know I'll probably get called a casual for this, and I don't know if it was just because the combat was too floaty or they tried too hard to make it fast, but I thought 3 had the most artificial difficulty in the whole series. Regular enemies and especially bosses felt like they had overinflated health bars just for the sake of making you fight longer. Meanwhile in the rest of the series phases of the fight didn't drag on too long and as long as you could figure out how to block/avoid all the bosses attacks you would be able to beat the boss. Now you have to not only avoid attacks while attacking but also repeating the process for a long fucking time, making it more of a test of "how long can you fight before you get bored/tired and make a mistake".
>>
I could eat hamburgers every day, and I'm not even American.
>>
>>378234913
I disagree.
>>
>>378233535
> "I've never seen a more retarded post in my life"

Well if you knew your post was retarded, why did you send it?

And did you play 3? Or do you only know stuff you heard from /v/? Dark souls 3 does everything you said 2 does, but arguably better. It adds new areas, bosses, weapons, armor. What's your point?

Retarded references? What about the O&S boss but just with S this time? What about gargoyles 2: the clusterfuck? What about Quela- I mean najka?

For 3, I guess soul of cinder stole gwyns moveset for the second phase, but that makes sense if you know shit about soul of cinder. There was an ancient version of asylum demon, but that makes sense too, because there's more then one of them in 1, and you don't know how many there could have actually been. And it's a different enough fight that it's fine anyway.
>>
>>378234826
I dont like 3 because DeS DaS1 and DaS2 had a specific style of world progression.

You pick where YOU want to go from a variety of different areas that offer different levels of challenge.

3 ruined that and its why I play the series.
>>
File: 1471227126232.gif (740KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1471227126232.gif
740KB, 300x242px
>>378225728
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>378225728
No we don't.
>>
>>378234913
brain damage
>>
>>378226047
I just don't get how people can feel the exact opposite of how I feel about these two games. Playing through DS2 was an unenjoyable mess for me, but I had fun playing DS3 even when I wasn't making any progress.
>>
>>378235423
Whenever I think about the first half of these games das3 rubs me the wrong way das2 and 1 dont do that to me.

Whenever I think of the second half of these games I hate all of them.

DeS has the beginning and end just right.
>>
>>378232873
I'm not really defending it. I'm just saying that poise does exist in a shape or form in 3. You guys are worse then the das2 defense force.
>>
>>378235139
I know what you mean. Bosses rush you down so hard that you only have time for like two fucking swings before they're at it again, and FUCK you if you want to try to get some space between you and the boss to chug or whatever, every fucking boss ever has long ranged attacks or charges from a million miles away to hit you. It sucks, and bosses having stupid delayed attacks with massive range and windup attacks that come out instantly so FUCK you for not knowing the boss' pattern before you came in didn't help.

I had less fun fighting some of these fuckers than I did Bed of Chaos and that's a very, very hard thing to do.
>>
I will never understand people who claim that DS2 is the best one in the series.
>>
File: 1484683883096.jpg (152KB, 631x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484683883096.jpg
152KB, 631x457px
>>378235243
Nice cherrypicked moments from DaS3. Remember stormruler? Yeah lets just add that for no reason at all. Andre and Firelink Shrine are back folks! Remember Siegmeir? Hes back! What about the fact that Irythill looks like Yharnam but with snow? Or Yhorm looking like the Old Hero ffrom demon souls? Even his arena looks like the arena from old hero, but lets just overlook that. What about the stretch before the Twins battle looking like Boletarian Palace, or even Irythill Dungeon looking like the Tower of Latria. I could go on but it's not really worth it.
>>
>>378235693
It has the least big flaws out of all of them.
>>
>>378235942
Unless your a pvpfag.

Orbs and SM remember?
>>
>>378225728
>>378225871
Short answer: It introduced PS1/2 era ARPG mechanics to a western PC audience that had never played those games before.

Long answer:

Sony /Atlus invested a bunch of creativity into Demon's Souls, and then Bandai came in and stole half of it (including the game engine) and gave miyazaki unbridled, absolute control over the game, for better or worse. DS1 was a hodge-podge of good, proven ideas from previous games put together.

Miyazaki's work on Armored Core also turned From into a direct competitor with Bandai Namco games, since he shifted the Armored Core series to be similar to the Gundam games that Bandai was releasing in Japan, and the two competed close enough that Bandai was able to essentially kill (through dramatically changed gameplay, 2-3 year delays and a lack of patch support) the armored core franchise thereafter.

Because DS1 development was basically subsidized by all the DeS assets and ideas already made (along with a game design that miyazaki had been toying with ever since he joined the company, but had never had the opportunity to really explore) Bandai was able to put a lot of money into marketing.

It wasn't incredibly successful until the PC port though, and Bandai's "prepare to die" campaign. That's when western audiences got ahold of it and it reached a critical mass that let it out-sell DeS. That's because a lot of the people who bought DS1 had never played classic JRPGs/ARPGs of that kind, including DeS, so it was seen as hugely innovative.

It also happened to come at a particularly low point in game design when small studios behind niche games (like Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, etc.) were being bought up by big name publishers and having their franchises beaten to death with yearly sequels. This might have been Bandai's original idea (marketing for DS1 was "A Bandai Namco Game" with From Software getting second billing as a developer.

It was a perfect storm of massive publisher marketing and an untapped market.
>>
>>378235826

>Member Artorias? here's abysswatchers!
>Member Oolacile and blightown? Here they are in one area!
>Member Pinwheel? Here he is as a sage, twice!
>Member congregation? Here it is even worse!
>Member Bloodborne? Here's a entire village with copy-pasted bloodborne assets.
>Member the catacombs? Here's some more catacombs
>Member Izalith? Here it is with some of the exact same enemies
>Member Black Knights?
>Member Silver Knights?
>Member AnorLondo?
>Member Darkmoon invasions? Haha just kidding, theres no BEO
>Member Gwyndolin? here he is.
>Member Priscilla? Heres a QT 3.14 version of her.
>Member Yuria the witch? Here's a copy of her.
>Member Tower of Latria? Here's the same level
>Member Giant Lord and Storm King? Here a fight with both of them!
>Member the Hellfire Drake? Here's two drakes!
>Member Ornstein?
>Member the Astral Clocktower from TOH?
>Member Kiln of the First FLame?
>MEMBER GWYN?
>>
>>378225728
DS3 is objectivelly the best of the trilogy (I don't know about BB or DeS). Being bored of the series, thus disliking 3 because you have recent memory of the first two games, is a subjective feeling, that doesn't alter the objective facts about DS3.
>>
File: winku.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
winku.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>378225728
it really is a perfect souls game which evolved from not so perfect Bloodborne.
>>
>>378226047
>but at least it's fun

That's where you're wrong
>>
>>378225728
Replaying games is for poorfags.
>>
>>378235826
You're oversimplifying, Irithyll Dungeon is different enough from Tower of Latria for example. Miyazaki likes taking something he has done before and giving it a new spin, it doesn't make it a copy paste.
>>
>>378236285
I played all 5 and still think das3 is meh compared to every other one unless all you do is PvP or co-op.

If I want the OG I can play DeS and its great, lots of ways to play it.
If I want the best world design I play DaS1 and its great, lots of ways to play it.
If I want the most "variety" and builds to choose from I play DaS2 and its great, lots of ways to play it.
If I want the most atmosphere and unique playstyle I play BB, its pretty great.

DaS3 does nothing better than the previous games.

Thats the only reason I dont like it
>>
>>378234913
Of course it is
Doesn't say much though
>>
>>378235826
>>378236240
I honestly dont understand you people. What do you want from a sequel that's based in the same world/universe? What series doesn't have you revisit old areas in the newer game? Did you throw this much of a tantrum when you went to Coruscant in kotor 2? I legit don't get why you get so mad.
>>
>>378236730
>DaS3 does nothing better than the previous games.
Well I think it has the best level design and world design after the first half of DS1. The fact that you can pretty much break the game and kill half of the bosses from the beginning one after another is great (Vordt, Dancer, Oceiros, Champion Gundyr, Not-Orstein), or just run to the crystal sage and start the playthrough with Ariandel and Ringed City. It's "linear" but in a intelligent way, imo.

Then, it has the best gameplay adding charged attack and weapon arts, and best fashion too.
>>
I will take over this thread to bitch about DS3 because I can
- I hate any enemy with pus of man on it, it's just a spastic mess and is obnoxious to deal with
- The smouldering lake is the most uninspired map in the whole game
- The Farron Keep swamp is truly a pain in the ass
- Irithyll was really disappointingly short
- Onion bro quest is so retarded to not fuck up that it seems incompetence was at play while it was being implemented
- Limiting dodging mechanics to rolling and backstep is the most shallow shit ever
- Tracking overhead attack on bosses are just terrible
- Any build based on range isn't worth a damn in PvP and only magic works on PvE (not against a lot of bosses tho)
- Invading has been crippled beyond redemption to the point that I feel bad about summoning anyone if the sucker who invades is just gonna get ganked
- I really hate the pus of man
>>
>>378225728
I actually played through DS3 the most. and loved every moment of it. It's by far the best Souls game.
3 playthroughs each for DeS and DS, 4 for DS2 but two of those were purely for the exalted and the other ring, and I'm currently on my 7th run of DS3 but I don't think I'll finish it, so 6 full playthroughs.
>>
>>378237217
>- The Farron Keep swamp is truly a pain in the ass

I loved that area, best swamp in the franchise, pretty comfy, and it's also great when you climb and see everything and fight that demon on the undead burg bridge.

When you get bored of it you can pretty much rush it in less than 5 mins, like any area in the series.
>>
>>378237217
>I hate any enemy with pus of man on it, it's just a spastic mess and is obnoxious to deal with
>I really hate the pus of man
Use fire. Problem solved.
>>
>>378237210
>The fact that you can pretty much break the game and kill half of the bosses from the beginning one after another is great

The fact you cant do these out of order is lame. Especially compared to des and das1. Even das2 had it to a degree.

>level design
BB is better
>world design
Its awful

>just run to crystal sage to do DLC
So exactly how das2 did it which was also worse than 1.

Fashion is hardly a plus for someone who PLAYS games
>>
>>378237217
>- I hate any enemy with pus of man on it, it's just a spastic mess and is obnoxious to deal with

What is it even supposed to be, anyway?
>>
>>378237217
-Smouldering Lake is nice visually, and I actually like Old Demon King (not too much, but he's a decent boss) but the Demon Ruins parts are awful to the point where they remind me of the Chalice Dungeons.
-I never fucked up Siegward's quest, Greirat's is the easiest to mess up, but I never had problems with Onionbro's.
What other dodging mechanics would you have liked?
-Pyromancers are pretty good in PvP. Casters in general are not so bad as long as you keep a strong melee weapon and use the ranged attacks to compliment it instead of going into a more pure caster route.
>>
File: 129791361367.jpg (2MB, 600x5267px) Image search: [Google]
129791361367.jpg
2MB, 600x5267px
>>378236240
>>
>>378237559
An abyssal parasite
>>
>>378237180
Maybe not so many references? I was ok going back to Anor Londo as little sense as it made it was fun revisiting it again. But all the other references to previous games that are not even part of that universe was just unnecessary. Also could we not have had some other type of story? I mean its the 3rd fucking game where all we do is either link the flame or don't do it, who gives a shit either way.
>>
>>378237598
>What other dodging mechanics would you have liked?
Something inbetween a roll like a simple sidestep
>>
DS3 had some really well done bosses. However something felt kinda off. DS2 had some shit bosses but I replayed it 3 times. Never had the desire to replayed DS3. I'd still say that DS3 was probably the better game, that said I liked 2 more just based on subjective opinion.
>>
>>378237789
I hope the moonlight sword keeps making its way into every one of their games. Fuck you.
>>
>>378237558
BB also has good level design but I don't think it's actually better than Dark Souls 3's. The environments feel way more samey, too, which I guess was their intention but I liked the variety of Dark Souls 3's areas.

Dark Souls 3 screws up area interconnection but the levels in themselves are really good, and contain good shortcuts. There are also some gems like the Grand Archives and Ringed City which are the crown achievement of Dark Souls 3's level design.
>>
>>378236240
>make a sequel
>nothing is allowed to be similar
>>
>>378237905
Moonlight sword is an exception. I mean things like Stormruler that had no reason to be there.
>>
>>378227602
But the only good thing about DaS is the world design, and that's only for 1/3 of the game.
Every other aspect of the game is better in DaS3.

BB=DaS3>>>>>>DeS=DaS=Sotfs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>378237917
Didn't like Smoldering Lake. Felt like there was more to it than what we got.
>>
>>378238018
Why is the moonlight sword an exception? Isn't the black iron helm also taken from an armored core game?
>>
>>378237558
>The fact you cant do these out of order is lame. Especially compared to des and das1. Even das2 had it to a degree.
How's that a plus? All the praise about DS1 world design was the fact that you could sequence break and DS3 does it better. How's sequence breaking a bad thing? Also how's criticised while at the same time critizicising it for being linear? It's contradictory.

>BB is better
Maybe but I haven't played it. I was talking about the DS trilogy and DS3 has the best level design for the most part.

>>378237558
>So exactly how das2 did it which was also worse than 1.
How did ds2 allowed to start the game with the DLC's? And how that would be bad agan? Sequence breaking is objectivelly a good point, not bad lol.

>Fashion is hardly a plus for someone who PLAYS games
And I've also explained why DS3 PLAYS better than DS1 and 2. And yes, fashion is very important for any actual darksouls fan. If you don't like fashion souls you're a huge faggota
>>
If das3 level design is so good, than why replayability of levels is literally zero
Look at the bloodborne level design, even tedius ones like forbidden woods and nightmare frontier will never stop you from going through them again
DaS3 level design is trash, just admit it
>>
>>378236730
DaS3 has the best individual level design, Lothric's Castle, Undead Settlement, Cathedral of the Deep and Archdragon Peak are the peak of Miyazaki's talent.
It also has the best bosses, by far. The best PvP, the best gameplay except Bloodborne, the best and most fun weapons, the best waifus and the most kino cutscenes with Bloodborne.
>>
File: map_423.jpg (255KB, 1620x553px) Image search: [Google]
map_423.jpg
255KB, 1620x553px
>Dark souls 2 is so replayable
Get to choose between 5 flavors of straight line to the boss fog.
>>
>>378238429
>Archdragon Peak
I love DS3 but Peak was literally DS2 tier, outside the Nameless King fight.
>>
>>378238438
>posts the most linear level instead of the whole world map
Nice comparison bud.
>>
>>378225728
agreed, this game has no soul, DS2 was better
>>
>>378238429
>It also has the best bosses, by far.
Fuck off, that's the worst part of 3 hands down.
>>
So Dark Souls 2 is the worst of the series. But has it still got the undisputed best PvP?
>>
>>378238369
It really is
I'm replaying bloodborne for the third damn time, the game is perfection in terms of pacing, level design and enemies

It's just right

Dark souls 3?
I cannot see myself going through some of it's parts, the game just drags on unlike any of the other games

The level design is not that good, the worst is the combat tho
It's worse than bloodborne because it's bloodborne combat trying to be dark souls combat

It's such a mess
>>
>>378238589
The aesthetics were pure kino, it was one of the most beautiful levels From has made so far.
>>
>>378238659
even the hardcore contrarians don't dispute that, you're gonna have to go with a different bait here
>>
>>378238841
Looks worse than anything in bloodborne tho
Did anyone feel like dark souls 3 colors were just off?
Bloodborne had actual DARKNESS, unlike 3
It's just grey kinda
Looks awful
>>
>>378238659
Also the worst NG+
It's too easy
Bosses do suck, a few are memorable tho
>>
File: 1480206002448.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1480206002448.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
>>378238659
haha no
>>
>>378238841
Ok, it looked nice - I will give you that.
But the lizard enemies (especially those big ones), room with respawning NPC phantoms, rock lizards, Havel, Ancient Wyvern "bossfight" are so no-fun that I'd rather walk through swamp again.
>>
>>378238659
>trying this hard
Gael, Friede, Memeless King, Champ Gundyr, SoC, Sully, Princes, Dancer, Abyss Watchers, Dragonslayer, Demon princes, Midir curbstomp every other boss except a few in Bloodborne, Gwyn in DaS, and 2 or 3 bosses from DaS2.

Best fights, best soundtracks, best movesets, pure kino.
>>
>>378238659
epic bait
>>
File: 1475858581954.png (162KB, 276x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475858581954.png
162KB, 276x290px
>>378226836
>Abyss Watchers
Dudes in Armor
>Pontiff
Dude in Armor
>Nameless King
Dude in Armor
>SoC
Dude in Armor
>Gael
Dude in Armor
>Dragonslayer Armor
Dude in Armor
>Yhorm
Giant Dude in Armor
>Champion
Dude in Armor
>>
>>378238659
If you think DS3 bosses are bad then you must have a terribly low opinion of the other Souls bosses.
>>
File: 1455853425613.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1455853425613.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>378238659
>>
>>378238806
Seriously reading people praising DS3's world design is fucking retarded, it confirms shit taste.

It is disgustingly linear, the game has no replay value because I can't be assed to play through the exact same areas in the exact same order with one garbage sequence break that basically leads to 1 new area (consumed king's garden is trash and then they copy paste the first area in the game).
You can't rush items or builds or the content you want to experience first. The opening of the game knocks it out of the park and then I hit Faron swamp and lose all will to play, even if I enjoy Irithyl dungeon too.

>that poop brown/grey color palette until 5 seconds of Irithyl then back to 'member Anor Londo but covered in black BB shit
>the 80 million swamps
>>
>>378238885
It's not bait. Crystal Sage is the only boss I liked at all. I hated fighting every single fucking one of the others, period.
>>
>>378239257
>it's not bait. Crystal Sage is the only boss I liked at all.

That's it son, the mark of a true fisherman is patience. If it slips off the hook you cast again.
>>
>>378239190
You can use similar argument against DS2 and Bloodborne.
>>
>>378238806
That's highly subjective, I found Bloodborne replayability to be really low, especially since completing builds was a chore thanks to the Chalice Dungeon grind for the gems. I had 4 characters in Bloodborne, in Dark Souls 3 I have 7 with 1300 hours played in total. I had about the same in Dark Souls 2 and 1, too.
>>
>>378238234
Holy shit you are retarded.

DaS3 has the LEAST sequence breaking of them all. Going to the untended graves early is the only thing you can do and its lame compared to past games.

in das 1 I could fight pinwheel second and them sif after the hydra. I could run to ceaseless for the 4th boss as well.

DaS2 has tons of ways to fight the bosses in any order. For instance making covetous and mytha your 3rd and 4th bosses respecively makes the fights a lot more dangerous than just rolling up after stomping the bastille. Alternatively going to the bastille and fighting the big bad there for the 3rd boss is also fantastic.

DeS has the best choices, each area is always open.

As far as DLC goes DaS1 did it the best by being cryptic. 2 and 3 DLCs you literally just walk up to and get taken to a new area. No effort at all.
>>
>>378239406
Im using that exact argument because that's all people say about DS2

"hurr durr just dudes in armor"
>>
>>378238937
Colors are washed out because the flame is fading and it might revert back to an age of dragons were everything was grey, did you even play the game(s)?

This is why Archdragon Peak is the only area not affected by the washed out colors, it's not part of the cycles.

And Bloodborne does have the best art design and aesthetics by far, but pure graphics wise, DaS3 is better for the most part, and doesn't have the blur/dof/CA/pop in/low res textures/30fps/and bad LOD unless you're playing on consoles.
>>
File: recettear wide.gif (12KB, 150x116px) Image search: [Google]
recettear wide.gif
12KB, 150x116px
Deacons of the Deep is one of my favorite bossfights in the series.
>>
>>378238937
Bloodborne levels all looked the same outside of Cainhurst and the Nightmares. Dark Souls 3 has worse graphics but actually looks better due to a superior art direction.
>>
File: 20170513223818_1.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170513223818_1.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
>>378238841
I agree. The only criticism I have about the aesthetics is that they went a little overboard with the dust clouds in certain areas.
>>
>>378239190
And this is bad because?
The only good bosses of DaS are dudes in armor, Gwyn and Artorias. The best bosses of Bloodborne are the humanoid onces, the best bosses of DaS2 are dudes in armor, Mirror Knight, Velstadt, Raime, ivory, Alonne, etc...

Dudes in armor are better than memeshit giant monsters.
>>
>>378239120
Soundtrack in DS3 is very forgettable, bloodborne is the game with epic music

The only track I remember well from DS3 is SOC theme and Gael

Honestly you know what I remember about bosses in DS3? Spamming dodge like a madman nonstop, it's really broken in DS3

>>378239234
Fuck the Faron Swamp, it's not even a level for fucks sake
You can't even rush though it that fast, such an annoying part
After that, it's the lame catacombs, not that good either

Even the last dark souls content EVER has a fucking swamp in it
Incredible

Dark souls 3 is the only soulsgame from FROM that I found boring
Bloodborne is pretty much in my eyes one of the best games ever made, and it's shocking that a huge downgrade from it was possible from them

I really don't get it

Fuck the ending too, lame shit again
>>
>>378239406
I think that's the meme.
One of mathewmatosis's more retarded points that get parroted is complaining about "big dudes in armor".

>Big dudes in armor tm often compose the most praised and favored boss fights in the entire fucking series
>O&S, Artorias, LGK, Fume Knight, Alonne, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, etc.
Not to mention DS2 had other interesting shit too, like Demon of Song and Undead Chariot. Whether or not it was executed correctly is a whole 'nother ball park.
>>
File: 14710037318_1be31aa0e9_o.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
14710037318_1be31aa0e9_o.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Bloodborne should have looked like this pre-release screenshot.

Instead they washed down the colors a lot and made everything duller. Areas can still have a dark atmosphere even if they're colorful, but pre-DLC Bloodborne forgot that.
>>
>>378239234
But on the other hand it takes just 2 hours to finish the game once and get all the items you want, most levels are a joy to play through, and farron swamp takes literally less than 5 minutes if you equip a dagger and spam the weapon art to move in the mud.

It's a different approach the replayability, I for exemple finished DaS3 14 times with many different builds, but couldn't finish DaS more than once.
>>
>>378239913
Executioner Chariot was a really good boss. A gimmick, but a good one. Demon of Song was a complete failure. Interesting design perhaps, but the gameplay was so damn bad that it makes me wonder who approved it.

>>378239825
Ludwig and Midir are the best bosses of the Souls series and they aren't dudes in armor.
>>
>>378239412
You are right it is subjective

What's wrong with Chalices tho? They're something new for FROM and they pulled it off great

The only issue is how you go about them but when they get going they really are fun

There's also great storytelling in them, I even took a few screenshots from a few dungeons it was very memorable some of it

Like you walk into a room and there's a 100 dead pig corpses stacked up making a small hill

Good stuff overall
>>
>these threads aren't even about which game plays better than the other
>it's just which one has "MUH ATMOSPHERE"
>they just nitpick about gameplay problems in the other games so DS1 and BB can be on top
>it doesn't even matter since there's likely not going to be a new souls game for a while, if ever
also
>/v/ praises das3
>implying 1 isn't their wank material
>>
>>378239858
I feel like das3 has the most meme areas like swamps.

>2 swamps
>smouldering lake
>irythill/dungeon has 2 mini swamps
>small swampy shit in the area before oceiros and around the catherdral of the deep
Then the fucking DLC
AoA
>large open area in the beginning with nothing but enemies that aggro as a group
>frozen "swamp" in the chasm with more fucking crabs
TRC
>ANOTHER FUCKING SWAMP
>>
>>378239858
Honestly you know what I remember about bosses in DS3? Spamming dodge like a madman nonstop, it's really broken in DS3

Yeah, just like what everyone remembers about bosses and gameplay in general in DaS? Spamming shield block like a madman non stop, it's really broken in DaS. At least DaS3 allows you to play in different ways and more builds are fun to play.

It kept the core DaS gameplay while adding some of Bloodborne's speed, and the result is great. And weapon arts a best.
>>
>>378239858
Can't even remember the Dancer's theme?
All I remember from the previous Dark Souls games is stacking poise and eating one of my 99 humanities/radiant lifegems. And spamming dodge has been a thing since Demon's Souls.
Rolling really isn't broken in Ds3 if you consider how much faster, longer and more complex the boss combos are.
>>
>>378240231
Best bosses in the series are Gael, Orphan, Friede and Maria, and they are all dudess in armor or naked.
>>
>>378239592
You didn't get me
Don't you understand how darkness looks like? It looks black, dark
The brightness is what I'm talking about, it's off in DS3, there's no black to make the world pop

Pure graphics wise bloodborne still wins
Art designs and aesthetics are still part of overall graphics and DS3 has some very bad textures on PC since the game looks the same on PC and consoles except the 60 fps and blur, maybe
>>
SHIT SOULS 3
>the most linear of all the games, even compared to DeS and BB
>nostalgiafag reference pandering out the ass
>rehashed characters
>Lowest Boss count after DeS
>Half the bosses are gimmicks
>Boss weapons shit as usual, despite having 4 games to draw experience from
>weapons in general are 90% quality based
>these quality weapons are also usually the best weapons in their class
>some weapons have retarded stat requirements where they don't even scale with said stats, which also happens to be quality
>armor system a horrible imbalanced mess
>the heaviest armors are the heaviest they have ever been in the series, while offering basically no additional defense over medium/light sets
>poise implemented in such a stupid way that only Greatswords and Maces get the most bang for the buck
>Some UGSs, GAs, and Hammers weigh more than entire armor sets
>Equip load is now done by VIT, which for some reason gives LESS per level than fucking dark souls 2
>Souls required to level up not adjusted for splitting stats into two
>a majority of the small weapons sped up to bloodborne speed, but some of the larger weapons have been made SLOWER and consume MORE STAMINA
>rolls cost next to nothing with extremely fast recovery and many iframes
>magic is garbage
>faith is garbage
>FP system is weird
>Too many useless fucking stats
>WAs are mostly just special r2s or powerstance moves copypasted with an explosion or two at the end
>MLGS is the worst its ever been
>awful covenants
>covenants are stickers which can be changed on the go
>shitty rewards
>Dragon form the worst its ever been in both aesthetic and practical sense
>community now filled with normies who hold hands with their SL 800 Friends to get through the game
>invaders have the most disadvantage compared to all other games in the series
>First DLC was a 1.5 hour long disappointment with a rehashed arena
>Second DLC had no end despite being the very last dark souls thing we'll get for the forseeable future
>>
>>378239678
I can't agree with this since no level except for that city before anor londo is original or a surprise in terms of art honestly

A swamp
A castle
A church
A church
A church
A church
Catacombs
A village
A forest

We've seen it all before, it's disappointing
>>
>>378240579
>Friede
>good
Is it a new epic maymay or something?
>>
>>378240246
I think one of the strengths of Souls games are handcrafted environments (with interesting shortcuts and such) and the Chalice Dungeons lacked that, even the premade ones. The bosses were really good for the most part but having to go through the content to get to these bosses wasn't fun to me. You basically needed a guide to know all the materials you had to pick up, and this was the only good loot to be found on them. You talk about interesting rooms and such, but to me 90% of them looked identical even comparing the Pthumeru ones to Loran and Isz. Just different skins on the same corridors. It was rare finding something different. Then you completed the premade Chalices and you could have fun doing random ones and finding obscure stuff, but in reality it would mostly consist of you finding the right glyph online and farming the gems you needed.

Then the PvP wasn't even good to put those gems to use. I derive the most fun in Souls games from making builds for PvP (both actually playing the PvP and getting through the PvE gathering everything I need and watching my build start shaping up) so this really hurt the game for me. I still love it, but I don't consider it such a masterpiece as other Anons. I understand why some people see it differently, though.
>>
>>378240939
Maria is great. Friede is literally Maria on steroids. She's also cuter and her third phase is more kino than Maria's second phase.
>>
>>378229073
I don't think any of those areas really earn their oh shit moments since the fanservice is unserviceable.
Anor Londo is 70% not there, Demon Ruins is nearly Lost Izalith tier rushed and the Painted world can't even stick to the basic rules of the painted world.
And really that's a general rule. All of the fanservice in this game is awfully done in one way or another.

>>378235243
There is so much more fanservice in 3 and like I said it's all poorly done.
The game references cutting the tails off of dragons in two item descriptions, there are so many fucking dragons/dragon-like creatures in this game and then there's just 0 tailcutting.
There's a blind dragon trying to attain the immortality of dragons that attacks with cursing crystals in this game and you get the MLGS from his soul because his tail can't be cut.
Curse is also royally fucked in this game because Purging stones don't interact with curse at all and instead some idiot thought that because the PC in DaS2 is the "Bearer of the curse" that means that hollowing is the curse that purging stones cure, cursed isn't a status and the one big cool thing from DaS1 which is that cursed player corpses appear in other players worlds just isn't present at all.
I could go on forever.

>>378235826
Stormruler is terrible. In DeS it loses power logically outside of the Shrine of Storm I guess but in DaS3 it is a Giantslaying weapon that strikes with a powerful wind but the only Giant it has an effect on is Yhorm even though there are dozens of Giants in the game. It gets worse when the description calls it a weapon that is paired with another one of itself and then the left handed moveset isn't even fully featured and you can't even get the buff visual effect going on both weapons at once.

>>378237180
It should at least do it right. Halfassed references are awful.
>>
>>378240450
>Spamming shield block like a madman non stop
You mean dodging, or outranging the boss' attacks and striking back from midrange with spells/arrows, or blocking.
>>
>>378236285
>video games are at all objective
>>
>>378240141
Not that anon but it's understandable since DS3 uses a better engine for combat than DS1

>>378240450
>>378240574
I don't remember dodging being that brainless in DS1 or 2 tho?
Actually they might have even increased the invincibility frames or something

I'm just saying that a lot of the time I wasn't thinking while fighting a boss that much, just spam roll a ton
>>
>>378241106
>She's also cuter
That's simply wrong.
>>
>>378240574
>Rolling really isn't broken in Ds3 if you consider how much faster, longer and more complex the boss combos are.
THAT'S
WHY
IT'S
SHIT

That and the STUPID fucking range on nearly every melee boss in the game shuts down any attempt to try anything other than just dodging.
>>
>>378239858
>Honestly you know what I remember about bosses in DS3? Spamming dodge like a madman nonstop, it's really broken in DS3

The bosses and enemies have more roll catches than other games in the series to make up for this, and are significantly faster. In Dark Souls 1 it was way more simple and slow, there were very few timing surprises, you rolled everything the same way. Dark Souls 2 and 3 introduced roll catches and delayed attacks to screw with your rolling, but your character in 2 handled like an astronaut in zero gravity so I prefer 3.
>>
i didn't even beat DaS3. i got to the soul of cinder and gave it up. it didn't feel good to get that far in the game, not the way Das1 or bloodborne did.

something, something pacing.
>>
Solo O&S and Kalameet are DaS1 bosses.

Solo Arty and manus are das3 bosses with retarded combos and the ability to close ground instantly.
>>
>>378225871
But thats just wrong.
DS2>DS>everything else
This is the correct order. You are welcome.
>>
>>378241034
Chalices have shortcuts tho, I think most do
But I do see your point and agree
>>
>>378241379
>That and the STUPID fucking range on nearly every melee boss in the game shuts down any attempt to try anything other than just dodging.

Do you realize every boss in the entire game has been defeated at SL1 without blocking or dodging, just running around? That alone makes your arguments objectively wrong.
>>
>>378241559
You're right about Manus, but Artorias doesn't hit hard enough and has too much time inbetween attacks to be a DaS3 boss.
>>
>>378241379
Blocking isn't bad, you just can't facetank 10-hit combos anymore.
>>
>>378241480
DaS2's delays were actually pretty easy to cope with. DaS3's are annoying as fuck and every other boss having a move like Smelter's retarded wind up stab where it might as well be teleporting into you because it has all of like 3 frames between the windup ending and the attack connecting.
>>
>>378241764
Arty is on the champs level to me.

Crazy combos and able to close distance stupid fast. Nothing like the dancer or nameless but you get what I mean.

I still think 2 has the best dragon fight though, sry kalameet and midir
>>
>>378242065
I can see why you think it's better than Midir because they're both very different fights, but Kalameet? Really? Sinh is literally a worse Kalameet, is nearly the same moveset except in a game that handles worse and spending half the fight flying around doing nothing while you endlessly chase after him.
>>
>>378242065
You can see Artorias' combos coming no problem, they're shorter than most DS3 combos, he actually has reasonable recovery time instead of you having the time for a single fucking longsword swing before he's coming at you again, he doesn't have delayed attacks, plus a single blow doesn't blow off the same amount of health you gain back from chugging even if you're fully armored up.
>>
>>378242412
>Sinh is literally a worse Kalameet
Not him, but it's straight up lie
Sinh could kill you and was actually hard
Kalameet was so braindead it's not even funny, the only difficult part was getting his tail
And I liked how from gameplay perspective he was polar opposite to the Kalameet because while fighting Kalameet, it's dangerous to stand in front of him while he's on the ground and suicidal to stand under him while airborne on account of his AOE fire breath. In contrast, these are comparatively safer spots when fighting Sinh while using Kalameet strategies (trying to stay near his hind legs and running away when the dragon goes airborne) are practically death sentences.
>>
>>378242412
Kalameet is a better fight in some aspects and his special move is fucking tight as shit, but never really feels like your fighting a fucking dragon since hes grounded almost all of the time.
>>
>>378237559
It's a snake.
>>
File: file.png (133KB, 1402x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
133KB, 1402x372px
>>378225728
it's never been praised as the best here. That being said it actually is the best in the series and anyone who says otherwise is trying too hard to be contrarian
>>
>>378225871
>everything is bait

I agree with OP. I don't even think 3 is bad at all but it's SO boring visually and thematically
>>
>>378243269

DS3 has very little original content.

Souls vet here, this is my take on things as someone who has obsessively played the shit out of DeS and DaS1 since their respective launches on PS3.

Concepts:

>New Firelink Shrine (DaS3) == The Nexus (DeS)
The resemblance is fucking stunning if you've ever played DeS. Lord Thrones are in the exact same alignment that the archstones are, surrounding where you spawn in, with multiple levels of height within the area accessible by curved staircases.

>Lothric Castle (DaS3) == Boletaria Castle (DeS)
You start the game here, and the climax of the game is here (fighting twin princes/false king allant).

>Karla (DaS3) == Yuria the Witch (DeS)
Karla teaches forbidden hex magic/miracles/pyromancies that channel the power and rage of the abyss, Yuria the Witch teaches forbidden magic that channel the power and rage of demon souls.

> Stormruler (DaS3) == Storm Ruler (DeS)
Used to take down mighty foes with a legendary sword found in the corresponding boss arenas. Yhorm and the Storm King are basically the same type of "puzzle boss" until you find the sword.

Mechanics:

> FP (DaS3) == MP (DeS)
Literally the same exact shit.

> Rolling
Functions the same exact way as DeS, because med rolling was buffed so fucking hard that the difference between fast roling and med rolling is so small that staying right under the fat roll minimum is required for every build.

Case-in-point, DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS in 2009/2010. It's literally because the game is around 50% recycled DaS content, 30% recycled DeS content, 10% recycled bloodborne content, and 10% original content.
>>
>>378243627
>souls vet here
stopped reading
>>
>>378243627
next you're gonna complain that all games have a health bar and use souls
>>
>>378243878

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
File: 0000.png (109KB, 504x582px) Image search: [Google]
0000.png
109KB, 504x582px
>>378243627
>>
>>378243627
Jesus this is so retarded I'm just going to assume you're doing your own little satire.
>>
>DaS3 has the best individual level design
Why people keep saying this?
>>
>>378230441
Or just kill the Last Giant or the Dragonrider and use his souls for the Cat Ring.
>>
>>378239190
>>Dragonslayer Armor
>Dude in Armor
actually its butterfly in armor :^)
>>
>>378241579
This
>>
>>378225728
dark souls 3 was such a garbage send off for the series

it wasn't even that good of a game on its own terms

also the fact that it wasn't actually conclusive on any lore stuff or anything was a letdown too, it felt like it acknowledged dark souls 2's infinite cycles but played it completely straight like dark souls 1 without really adding much of its own; just a boring game all around
>>
>>378244970
it's a phrase people have rehearsed to sound as if they know what they're talking about, like "dark souls x was a good game, just not a good souls game"
>>
What is with this franchise that invites so much shitposting?

It's normal to debate which games in a franchise are the best and of course people will argue about it but with From's ARPGs it's like an eternal war that only gets worse with each release.
>>
>>378227538
My man. I hear you.
The amount of butthurt, passive or otherwise outright aggressiveness, envy, a fucking font of strange emotions. 99% of the people that post about these games actually like them or are at least fond of them enough to play all of them. They just feel the need to explain why other people don't like them correctly. There is a case study waiting to be written in these threads.
>>
>>378246107
ds community is the worst
>>
these threads are 90% people comparing the games to one and other and 10% faggots whining about "le souls community has gone downhill/was always terrible >:((("

literally just fuck off if people discussing commercial entertainment products in a critical manner bothers you that much
>>
File: 1483662978402.jpg (1MB, 600x5267px) Image search: [Google]
1483662978402.jpg
1MB, 600x5267px
>>378244041
>>
File: 1483663123424.jpg (2MB, 600x5267px) Image search: [Google]
1483663123424.jpg
2MB, 600x5267px
>>378240647
>>
File: 2111491.png (942KB, 945x530px) Image search: [Google]
2111491.png
942KB, 945x530px
>>378225728
As a hardcore souls fag I think "Safe" is a good word for it.
It's the easiest and least punishing of all the games by far, remember how you had to time dodges in bloodborne because enemies would delay swings? Well DS3 Keeps the super fast dodging and just removes the punishment aspect of it.
I love the souls game and still like it more than DS2 but this game was made to sell copies to as many "gamers" as possible. Nothing more.

It's not a coincidence most people in this thread started with DS3
>>
>>378225728

I'm playing through it right now, and while I don't think it's bad, I do agree that it feels safe and uninspired. The linearity is also a let down after Demons Souls, and the first two Dark Souls.
Thread posts: 244
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.