[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain me what's the appeal to play against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1479351628182.png (121KB, 367x389px) Image search: [Google]
1479351628182.png
121KB, 367x389px
Can someone explain me what's the appeal to play against other players? Doing PvP in general?
Everytime is so fucking frustating, between luck, bad manners and gameplay unbalance, while playing together and doing raids is much more fun.
I can't negate PvP is far more skilled than doing scripted content but still, it's fucking cancer and not fun at all.
And no, I'm not crying. I'm not bad at PvP at all, I'm ranked farly high in all the games I played, but I hardly have fun anyway.
>>
>>378224586
Not being a baby that gets mad at dumb shit.

Though who am I kidding, the real reason for most people is that people like to think they're better than others. Being unable to do that is the real reason you find it frustrating too, it's got literally nothing to do with luck, bad manners or gameplay unbalance.
>>
>>378224586
People are smarter than AI For now
>>
It's for casuals.

>PvE
>Play well
>Succeed
>Play badly
>Fail
>How well you do is based on your skill

>PvP
>Play well
>Maybe succeed, maybe fail
>Play badly
>Maybe succeed, maybe fail
>How well you do is based on how well somebody else's skill
>>
>>378224586
Sometimes it's fun to compete with other people. Like, you wanna know how big your dick is in comparison to everyone else's by seeing them first-hand, right?

R-right?
>>
pvp is fun when no one has an ego

but most games people just get sweaty and mad
>>
Because it's fun
>>
>>378224586
I take great satisfaction in beating people in video games. It's a pleasant reminder you're not on the same skill level as those people who play FPS and go 0/2132312 KD or whatever.
Basically some kind of childish gratification I think.
>>
>>378225051
>getting raped is fun
well it probably would be if it weren't a game you're shit at
>>
>>378224586
What PVP games did you play and what imbalances do you find the most egregious?

I feel like you're being incredibly vague for a certain reason.
>>
>>378225167
>he doesn't like rape
>>
>>378224842
Says you. Unreal 2004 AI still wipes the floor with players.
>>
>>378225273
i said i don't like losing like a bitch everytime i try to play something online
it's like getting raped with no pleasure
>>
>>378225254
OP here

I was talking about MOBAs and MMOs since I played them the most, but I also played FPS, card games, whatever. FPS would've been enjoyable if it wasn't for the fucking shit community they always have
>>
>>378224586
>I'm not bad at PvP at all
>>378225349
>i don't like losing like a bitch everytime i try to play something online

Well, which one is it?
>>
>>378225292
The ai in any game its either
-too dumb and easily exploitable or
-timmposibly smart, and a pain in the ass to play against as its non human and cant be mind-gamed

I dunno why, in games where strategy is a crucial component, any game whith pvp really, would you play ai's that strategy cannot be applied or its too simple to apply
>>
File: 1479834444756.jpg (64KB, 535x557px) Image search: [Google]
1479834444756.jpg
64KB, 535x557px
>>378225349
>rape
>no pleasure
>>
>>378225589
well i'm not op
>>378225635
online rape is not fun
>>
>>378224586
>not bad
t. gold

though admittedly, most pvp games are poorly balanced boring pieces of shit. doesn't mean they're all bad.
>>
>>378224586

Dynamic challange.
Plus it used to be that vidya games put its players on equal ground and only skill made the difference between the victors.

Now its 2017, 10 years of catering to normalfags has turned multiplayer games into pathetic all-pleasers, where responsibility is diluted or mitigated to your team, where losing people/teams are rewarded and boosted, where special attention is given to roles that let you beat enemies from complete safety so children can have their giddy fun.

Theres no point in pvp multiplayer games today.
>>
>>378224586
It's thrilling. It's a duel, a real battle of wits. Who is better practiced at this musician called the PvP? There is nothing like knowing you defeated a human opponent fair and square.
>>
>>378226405
>Who is better practiced at this musician called the PvP?
That is a completely garbled phrase in English, but I do think I like it. What language are you from, anon?
>>
File: femc.jpg (683KB, 1273x1136px) Image search: [Google]
femc.jpg
683KB, 1273x1136px
>>378224586
FeMC a cute!
>>
I enjoyed support roles in PvP since I was usually the least invested. I didn't have the big weapon and best armor for being out front, but I had the next best and would keep people alive.

Though I haven't done any sort of online pvp in quite a while. At least in regards to MMOs and MOBAs. I'm usually playing Blood Bowl against someone and it doesn't feel like pvp, especially since everyone I meet seems to be doing goofy plays over practical ones.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.