[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get FTL >play on easy to get familiar with mechanics >a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Flagship_Whole.png (96KB, 566x511px) Image search: [Google]
Flagship_Whole.png
96KB, 566x511px
>get FTL
>play on easy to get familiar with mechanics
>a few playthroughs later i get to the final boss
>it lands a hacking droid on my oxygen system and i can't do anything about it
>die
shit game
>>
File: Devil-1.jpg (33KB, 512x218px) Image search: [Google]
Devil-1.jpg
33KB, 512x218px
>>378224463
>lost on easy
>after multiple playthroughs
>>
>>378224463
Maybe attack their drone controls? Just a thought.
>>
>RNG: THE GAME
>>
File: IMG_8726.jpg (25KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8726.jpg
25KB, 500x389px
>>378224463
>not having rebreathers
>not having weapons that can target the drone while also taking out weapons
>being this shit
>>
>>378224579
i got

>lots of crew with better species than humans mostly (slug captain, rock guys are good against fire)
>4 guns, 3 armed at the same time, shame that i couldn't find a better beam weapon
>many enhancements including mind control and faster weapon reload
>everything carefully handled to ensure i'm as strong as possible
>die to bullshit as soon as you get to the end
>>
That doesn't make it a shit game. Apparently you failed to learn the lesson the game was trying to teach you.

Getting your oxygen hacked is very dangerous, especially against the flagship where they have upgraded hacking. However there are ways to deal with it. One would be to upgrade your oxygen at least once before you tackle the flagship, then pump more power into it if it gets hacked. Obviously that wasn't available to you on this run, but think about it for the future. Usually by sector 8 you've got enough spare scrap to bump it up a notch, that also gives you a little insurance if the oxygen room gets hit.

The other immediate option you had was to jump away. This is why it's good to engage stage 1 flagship with a safe spot that's a jump away (like the base or a repair point). Jump away, the hacking goes away, jump back, and hope they target something else.
>>
>>378224463
Did you try Pressing Buttons no Jutsu?
>>
>>378224463
The game is literally a skinner box
>>
is it a good tactic to go to pirate controlled sectors early to get a full crew asap?
>>
>>378224938
>>378224463
should have targeted everything on their hacker array the moment it hit your oxygen.

On easy their is no excuse for you to not be armed to the teeth.

You are either rushing too fast through systems or don't know how to prioritize your upgrades.
>>
>Oxygen
That's the best possibility tho.
If you can't beat a Flagship stage by the time you suffocate, this game may not be for you.
>>
>>378225216
(you)
>>
>>378225389
IMO really depends on your ship loadout and how the run's going in general. I like red sectors if I think I can handle then because you'll usually find more hostile encounters, thus more scrap. But if my weapon loadout is weak or something like that, and I really need a shop, I might hit up a green sector instead.
>>
>>378224463
>play on easy
just off yourself
>>
>he doesn't have defense drones
>he doesn't have a Lanius crewman
>he didn't buff O2 production to level 2
>he didn't blow up the hacking module
>he didn't murder all crew save for a couple so it's a big piece of shit and the AI doesn't even turn on

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>378225396
this git gud

>mfw the final boss with a mantis ship and heal bomb
So easy I almost feel bad
>>
>>378224938
just like everybody else. are you always such a little bitch? press the play again button and take your blog shit with you you fucking babby. get fucking good
>>
These kind of games are best, they offer you many ways to counter situation X, but plebs are hungry fucks who just want to go for kill and die because they didnt counter situation X.

The ultimate casual filters
>>
File: 1350608905742.jpg (9KB, 200x184px) Image search: [Google]
1350608905742.jpg
9KB, 200x184px
>warp to a beacon
>giant alien spiders

fuck no
>>
>>378224938
You can just jump if it targets a system you can't deal with.
>>
>>378227847
It's like that in every roguelike or roguelite
>noob comes across enemy he can't beat
>instead of just walking away to come back later or get into a better position, they just ram head first into it and bitch incessantly that it's OP and unfair
>>
>>378226283
Crystal B is basically cheating.
I really wish there were better ship archetypes. I'd kill for an ion/fire drone slug.
>>
>>378227659
just took the risk in 1 sector

got 4 fuel 4 missiles 13 scrap yay
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.