[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come emulation of "2D" consoles just works, whereas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tfwyourhardwareisascam.png (4MB, 1919x2157px) Image search: [Google]
tfwyourhardwareisascam.png
4MB, 1919x2157px
How come emulation of "2D" consoles just works, whereas all 3D emulation needs tweaking or some further work done for perfection (or even to play at all)?
>>
2D consoles have had a lot more time put into developing emulators for and don't have as complex things to code for such as physics. I believe documentation on those older consoles is probably a lot more well known now as well.
>>
Shaders
>>
Can you beat BOTW on CEMU yet?
I'll emulate it when you can
>>
>>378215602
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the top image isn't from the Switch.
>>
File: alice smug.jpg (143KB, 430x389px) Image search: [Google]
alice smug.jpg
143KB, 430x389px
>>378215602
>switch
>that fucked up D-Pad icon
>>
>>378215602
How come PCfags always talk about how many good games they have, yet only seem to want to emulate Nintendo games?
>>
>>378215602
>glitched dpad icon in both pics
you dun fucked up
>>
>>378216934

Technically you can, but unless you have the beefiest PC it'll probably run pretty poorly still. Also shader cache transfers are broken in 1.8.0, so you have to deal with constant stuttering to build a shader cache anyway.
>>
>>378216934
Yes and very no.
You can complete the game - but it's a frustrating series of crashes to get there.

Give it a year or two, especially for lower end machines - remember WiiU has a 3 core CPU and right now CEMU is only emulating a single core, forcing all threads to run on that core - when they eventually get multicore going, it's going to break a lot of stuff for while, much like the move from Dolphin 3.0 to 3.5 from 3.5 to 4.0, both of which broke a lot of stuff initially, for better gains in the future.
>>
>>378215602
It's because 3dpd is disgustint
>>
>>378217095
They're still fucking about with shader caches?
Why is the WiiU emulator the only one that even needs that crap?
>>
>>378215602

lots of CRAZY MATH. 2d games are just calling maps and sprites, 3d is all secret Xenu knowledge like finding the coordinate points in a 3d space that doesn't exist. and the hardware / software interfacing becomes much more specific; drivers, API calls, memory usage, etc.
>>
>>378217047
Confirmation bias.
>>
>>378216994

Of course it isn't of course... whatever you say Nintendfriend.
>>
>>378217290

It's not the only one. Metroid Prime through Dolphin suffers from shader cache stuttering.
>>
>>378215602
3D graphics rely on specialized hardware, and said hardware is specialized differently on PC and consoles, in ways that aren't necessarily very compatible. That, and playstations, specifically, until PS4, had really weird architectures.
>>
>>378215602
I, too, can take an image and reduce the quality. You're not fooling anybody
>>
>>378218371
>that broken Wii U D-Pad icon
>still insisting it's the Switch version
lol
>>
File: Screenshot_20170527-104801.png (954KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170527-104801.png
954KB, 1080x1920px
How CE the switch version has a busted UI? :s
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.