[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the problem with DRM/Denuvo? Is /v/ full of commies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
What's the problem with DRM/Denuvo? Is /v/ full of commies?
Devs can do whatever they want with their products, much like consumers can decide themselves whether or not to buy it.
You can make your opinion known by (not) using your wallet, not by autistically screeching on an anime imageboard. If you're still not being catered to, you're simply unimportant. Deal with it.
>>
>>378210639
but muh ssd muh always online muh other things that have been disproved but I'll keep parroting because I don't like thing
>>
/v/ doesn't feel obligated to pay for other people's hard work and effort.

Legitimately never had an issue with Denuvo, I buy all my games, I don't consider a lot of the other arguments very strong, shit about no mods or needing to have an Internet connection constantly to play, it's not true. Turns out people just like to bitch.
>>
>>378210639
DRM is like gorvernment, eventually it will start rotting from the inside.
>>
>>378211398
Why? What's the issue anon?
>>
>>378210841
where can I read about Denuvo not breaking SSDs? I remember googling it but only found shady sources on the subject

that's literally my only issue with Denuvo, everything else I really don't care about
>>
>>378211686
How the fuck would a minor piece of software destroy an SSD?!
>>
>>378210639
Nothing really, thanks to Steam refund we can try the games to see if they're shit or not. I bought Prey, played it for 30mins which was enough for me to figure out it was a shit game, so I refunded it and bought Operation Babel instead.
>>
>>378211739
constant disk writing (be it intensive or not) can wear an SSD down
>>
Why v so full of corporate cucks? Its pathetic
>>
>>378210639
It affects game performance
>>
>>378211686
Can confirm that no DRM will take out your SSD, they use those things in the film industry all the time moving terabytes of unrendered digital video at a time, bulk processing isn't going to burn up a solid state drive.
>>
>>378210639
Are you a commie? Why would you argue online otherwise lel
>>
>>378211823
Anon that's regular use and years and years of constant rewriting to kill an SSD, every pussy article an angry piratefag sent you is wrong
>>
File: 1465690562533.png (30KB, 501x376px) Image search: [Google]
1465690562533.png
30KB, 501x376px
>>378210639
Because using DRM means you are threating all your customers as potential pirates. All DRM will be cracked. Denuvo are games getting cracks faster and faster. After your game is cracked the DRM will only affect the people who actually bought the product.

Devs can do whatever they want but making singleplayer game always-online and/or slapping extensive DRM to it makes the product a lot less desirable for me.

And I do vote with my wallet. I buy most of the games I play from GOG and I straight up boycott anything that uses Denuvo Anti-Tamperâ„¢ crap.
>>
>>378212001
I need concrete reasons why, not just 'the concept of DRM clashes with my teenage anti-authority angst'
>>
>>378212001
>Because using DRM means you are threating all your customers as potential pirates
Using DRM simply means you aim to add value to your product by enforcing scarcity, something that is not a thing for regular digital goods that can be copied and distributed endlessly at no cost. Without DRM developers live on the bit of value there is in owning an original copy (updates, online play, etc.), and the rest is literally charity.
Of course if the DRM is awful it might backfire and subtract value instead.
>>
>>378212276
Trying to artificially add value by enforcing restrictions is a good reason to avoid a product.
>>
>>378212654
If you want to be petty, sure.
>>
>>378212124
>needing to be always online for a singleplayer game is not a reason to hate DRM
>>
>>378212953
is it really always online?
i havent played a game with denuvo yet but i've heard you just had to check online at first launch and after updates
>>
>>378212934
I guess having any kind of principles makes you petty then.
>>
>>378210639
mods
>>
>>378212001
Do you also get offended by gamestop putting empty cases in the shop?
>>
>>378213494
No. I would if I had to go to gamestop every time I want to play the game I bought.
>>
>>378210639
>Is /v/ full of commies?
As a matter of fact, yes
>>
File: (RESIST).jpg (485KB, 2576x1920px) Image search: [Google]
(RESIST).jpg
485KB, 2576x1920px
>pay for denuvo game up front like 70 shekels or whatever the price is at launch
>no way to know if the product is good or not so if it's bad you suck it up cause you've been a good goy
>you basically just bought the permission to play the game anyway rather than the actual game, cause in X amount of years you won't be able to play it
Is this how it is or did I misunderstand something?
>>
>>378213060
It can only launch offline if you launched it online within the last 2 days
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.