[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys keep constantly informed about vidya? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1490612595618.jpg (22KB, 349x305px) Image search: [Google]
1490612595618.jpg
22KB, 349x305px
How do you guys keep constantly informed about vidya?
I've started thinking I'm losing some important news everyday and I don't really know which one is the best way to be informed
Is there a way to receive news directly on your phone?
>>
mainly what i do is i don't give a fuck and i figure if something's so great someone will mention it somewhere
>>
/v/
>>
>>378205992
Apart from /v/, usually social media, I personally follow a lot of vidya devs in various websites, the rest is pretty much word of mouth. Just lurk more
>>
>>378205992
Superbestfriendscast is basically my weekly game news
>>
You follow enough people on twitter you can usually stay in the loob with gaming
>>
/v/ and e-celebs.
>>
Gematsu and Siliconera
Never read comments
>Is there a way to receive news directly on your phone?
Twitter
>ew le normie kys reeee
Just use it like RSS or some shit
>>
>>378205992
browse /v/ at least 4hours per day (not exaggerating) and a few youtubers
>>
>>378205992
here and nichegamer, theres often nothing that slips past me.
>>
>>378205992
I use ggmania. They have an easy-to-use, no bullshit news feed on the homepage that's pretty fast at keeping up-to-date with new information with embedded youtube links and screenshots uploaded. Other than that, I just get my news from /v/, these fags are fast to update everyone with the latest tweets and announcements because of memes, just need to filter out the shitposts.
>>
I don't. With my backlog, I don't need news. If something new is good enough, I'll notice it eventually.
>>
>>378205992
I use Appy Gamer on my phone. I look it trough everyday on my lunchbreak. It has the most vidya related news sites which it fetches the news from. There is also bunch of technology related news sites but they can be turned off if you want.

Then there is /v/, you get the most niche news out from here which you wouldn't get otherwise.
>>
/v/
>>
>>378205992
Siliconera is usually all I need for mainstream stuff, and I use Twitter for indie shit. You'd be surprised, but Twitter is actually a good litmus test for indie games; if a dev posts mainly screens, artwork, interesting behind-the-scenes stuff for their game, it's usually worth checking out. If they get into arguments with people and/or post political shit, it's usually a good sign to unfollow them and forget about their game.

That and /v/, of course, but you can never trust people's opinions around here.
>>
>>378206094
This, cmon OP autists here have it covered just look at threads from time to time
>>
What the FUCK do you need to be informed about vidya for? If you have a favorite studio, you can check their website every couple months. Otherwise what the fuck would you be missing.
>>
Subscribed to ign news on YouTube, not the best but whatever

Also use Google news and weather, good for general news AND Google suggests new articles based off the ones you've read before, so it shows me a lot more vidya news about upcoming titles, switch news and other good shit
>>
>>378206092
This, I dont have the time or patience anymore. If something drops that's good then I hear about it through the grapevine and from there i do my own research on it.
>>
File: ttmkhAH.jpg (20KB, 306x393px) Image search: [Google]
ttmkhAH.jpg
20KB, 306x393px
>>378205992
I just hang out here and believe everything /v/ says. Especially when some anon pretends to be a dev with the inside scoop. It's all bullshit, but that's just how I roll.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.