[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mario kart 8 deluxe >splatoon 2 >arms anyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: switch.jpg (25KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
25KB, 952x536px
>mario kart 8 deluxe
>splatoon 2
>arms

anyone else think its kind of suspicious that nintendo is releasing all these online heavy games before announcing how much the online is gonna cost? my guess is that the higher sales of these games the higher the price of online will be.
>>
>>378204926
Add MonHun to that list
>>
the president already said that they're planning on an annual fee of between 2000 and 3000 yen.

That's $18-$27 a year, or between $1.58 and 2.25 a month.
>>
>>378205113
source?
>>
>>378205191
https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/switch-online-service-will-run-between-17-50-and-26-50-a-year-in-japan/
>>
>>378205241
thanks bro
>>
>>378205241
That's in japan though It'll probably be more inline with Xbox Live and PSN in the west.
>>
>>378205396
They're already undercutting their competitors services by a lot with that Japanese price. They're clearly relying on the low fee to make up for the fact that their service will lack features and functionality in comparison. Boosting the price to match PSN+ and Live Gold would destroy their chances of having a successful paid online service in the west.
>>
>>378204926
>kind of suspicious
What the fuck is suspicious about SOUND BUSINESS STRATEGY?

Do you suggest they completely neglect online for a year, then ask money for it?
>>
>>378205634
Also allows them to encourage more online play while still profiting off of other ventures. They've already said subscribers get a free NES game a month. How much you want to bet that they eventually expand to a "premium" service that offers more? It'll make it easier to convince yourself to purchase more since the online service is already so cheap.
>>
>>378205396
Why would they charge different prices for online services across regions when the console itself is region free?
>>
>>378205772
Correction: A free NES game for THAT month. You don't get to keep it after the month is over.
>>
>>378205771
>>378204926
They're not trying to gauge interest in their online games. They're making sure they actually have online games when their paid service goes live. Imagine if Nintendo wanted to start charging for online, and all it would let you play was Mario Kart. They have to have a substantial amount of online experiences right out of the gate, or else their paid service is doomed. C'mon, think it through.
>>
>>378205798
This. Odds are I will be able to log onto the Japanese eShop like I do now and pay for a subscription. If the prices aren't at parity between regions, they're going to have problems.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.