[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Elizabeth could go to other worlds how was she trapped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: LATEST-WALLPAPER_wide_HeroArt[1].jpg (807KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LATEST-WALLPAPER_wide_HeroArt[1].jpg
807KB, 1920x1200px
If Elizabeth could go to other worlds how was she trapped in that tower?
>>
She was too pussy to walk through one.
>>
>>378201576
Really fucking awful story telling, and the fact that the script got rewritten within the last few months leading up to launch.
>>
>>378201576
Same reason they kill Booker, even though Elizabeth clearly states that there will always be a Comstock. Bad writing.
>>
>>378201628
Actually kind of makes sense, but then she is totally fine when you escape the tower. I guess women can't be autistic
>>
>>378201576
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, didn't the tower act like some sort of siphon to keep her power in check? That's why at the end when Booker has the bird destroy the tower she pretty much turns into some pan-dimensional godlike being.
>>
>>378201576
>>378201628
>>378201761

Can't tell if retarded or just forgot that there was a wave noise making machine that interrupted her portal powers.
>>
File: 20170513152519_1.jpg (491KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170513152519_1.jpg
491KB, 1920x1080px
>>378201768
To be honest I am replaying it right now so I don't remember the reasoning, it just seemed weird to me she could pick a flower from a spot but not enter it.

I am actually really enjoying it, what this game needed was Elizabeth upgrades for items,
and better vigors
>>
Because the writing is fucking garbage Anon.
>>
>>378201882
>what this game needed was
A coherent story.
>>
File: 20170421002055_1.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170421002055_1.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>378201983
It was okay, my main issue was when you portal into another dimension, and it just makes me stop giving a fuck. I think that's around Fink, like if I can just leave to somewhere that's slightly better, and abandon the world I was just in? Why does any of it matter.
>>
>>378201880
Did you forget she opened a portal to somewhere in the tower and had to close it because she was about to get hit by a car if left open?
>>
>>378202254
She could have gone through and walked to the left.
>>
The tower imprisoned her and HER POWERS. At the end of the game you destroy the tower and Elizabeth unleash her powers completely.
>>
>>378203939
>>378202254
IIRC it was Paris and they jammed a Star Wars reference in the theater. She obviously had enough power to open rifts.
>>
She still had the songbird as her only companion. She was scared that she would be alone if she escaped.
>>
>>378202108
It's when you get to Finkton, that happens pretty early on.

and burial at sea is fucking aids.
>>
>>378202108
That's why any story with time travel (specifically into the past) or multiple dimensions is fucking shit.
Why would you care about anything if all of it is subject to change at any point?
>>
>>378201983

I'd take decent gameplay over a coherent story. Let the fucking thing be as pseudo intellectual as it wants just make it fun. As it was it was a boring trek through a half assed story.
>>
>>378205590
yeah, once you leave the main world I just stopped caring about anything happening at that point. From here on the only constant connection is between the two main characters and the player as they are the only constant. the connection between the player and the world has been broken, which is ironic because bioshock has always been about the environment but here in infinite it's about the character.

BaS shits on this by not only breaking the connection between the player and the environment but now giving you random unknown versions of booker and liz. so now not only am I asking what is this world where am I and why should I care? but i'm also asking who are these people and why should I care?
>>
>>378205828
As someone who is quite a bit into the theory of storytelling it disgusts me that there are people who defend this game's story, not because it's any good, but because it makes them feel intellectual
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.