[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downloading this now. Not trying to be one of those "what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: nioh.png (1MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
nioh.png
1MB, 1067x600px
Downloading this now. Not trying to be one of those "what am I in for?" faggots but is there anything I should know before starting? Anything to keep me from fucking myself over?
>>
>>378201574
Not really.
You have plenty of chances to respec yourself once you learn how to play.
>>
>>378202197
Cool. Are there unmarked and easily missable side quests and such like in DaS?
>>
>>378202438
No everything is mission based and as far as I know nothing is missable at all.
>>
>>378201574
Just have fun dude
>>
>>378202485
>>378202487
Thanks lads.

I guess we can try and turn this into a general discussion. What's the best weapon type in your opinion?
>>
I would recommend using every one of the 6 weapons for a while, they play differently enough that the enemy variety wont creep up on you that hard
>>
>>378201574
Prepare for a lot of fun combat options but not a whole lot of enemy variety and some bad levels. Did PVP ever come out?
>>
>>378202604
All weapon types are great fun and you can beat the game using any one of them without feeling like you're gimping yourself.
I'm a fan of the Katana personally.
>>
>>378202604
Sword for general purpose.
then it is up to you.
I grew partial to the odachi added in the DLC.
It's faster than an axe yet hits nearly as hard and is great at breaking guard.
Though most of it's moves are auto switching to other stances.
>>
>>378202485
I think there's one side mission that's missable if you don't unlock the mystic skill for dual katanas.
>>
>>378202842
Is there a NG+?
>>
>>378202768
PVP came out recently and it's was pretty terrible in my experience. But I only played it for a day so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.
>>378202842
Can't you just respec to get the mystic art then?
>>
>>378201574
>>378201574
peppe r to die
>>
One major thing to note is that while you can respec pretty much as many times as you want, your starting choices give you stats that you can NEVER CHANGE. You'll easily be able to get the other choices through playing the game when it comes to weapons and Spirit, but I would suggest taking the +1 to Spirit and +1 to something like Body because almost every build in the game will need those two stats.
>>
>>378202920
>pretty terrible in my experience
Well, kind of not shocked about that. What have been the issues though? Is the netcode worse than dark souls or are some weapons just broken in pvp?
>>
>>378202604
Katana and Spear is a good combo to start off with if you're new to the game. Katana is essentially the "default" weapon that's versatile and easy to use and spear lets you poke enemies to death whilst having a variety of cool+useful skills.

Personally Odachi is my favourite weapon, but you need the DLC for that.
>>
Is multiplayer still shit, or can you finally play together on a blind run? Having to beat a level before you can play it with a friend is annoying as fuck and the main reason I'm not bothering to play much further. Game isn't exactly hard or anything to begin with.
>>
>>378202886
Yes.
>>
>>378201574

The game is pretty easy as long as you pay attention to the environment. So don't be afraid to experiment with everything. There's a shitload of supportive ninjitsu or magic skills that basically turn you into an immortal god if you do it right.
>>
>>378202967
What do you mean by starting choices? Is there like a "class" selection or something?
>>
>>378203040
Net code is fine but you can only team up with one person.
PVP right now is considered ass to most people.
There isn't people coming into your game beating the shit out of you. You have to go to a specific thing to do PVP.
>>
>>378202920
you've gotta get your proficiency with a weapon to a certain level to unlock the mystic arts.
>>
>>378203135
After the first mission, you get choices of two weapons and a guardian spirit. Each weapon gives a stat point and same with the Guardian Spirit. These cannot be changed so you should pick more for the stat you want rather than the weapon just because it's easy to get the weapons you want after like a few kills and you get the other two guardian spirits not much later.
>>
>>378203135
The game starts out and you pick between two weapons.
the first weapon dictates the first weapon you get on the beach and a stat up to benefit that weapon.
The second weapon just give you a stat up that benefits that weapon.
>>
>>378203135
You choose your starting two weapons and I believe a spirit, all 3 of your choices effect certain staffs if I remember right.
>>378203174
Wait, there's not even a 1v1 mode? Only 2v2s?
That is pretty lame.
>>
>>378203040
I found the netcode to be pretty terrible. And it goes super ham with the rpg elements so sometimes theres a complete mismatch where I'm doing 3 damage and taking 700 or vice versa.
But that's my personal take on it.
>>
You can look up some cool build guides on YouTube, you can become ridiculously overpowered and just wreck shit all day. It's a lot of fun.
>>
>>378201574
>I am not trying to be one of those "what am I in for" faggots but what I am in for?
>>
>>378203135
after the tutorial mission you choose your starting weapons and spirit. Really it doesn't matter much unless you're obsessed with having the absolute optimal stats.
>>
>>378203356
Except that's not what I asked at all retard.
>>
>>378203295
Where did you get 2v2?
Only two people co-oping missions
1v1 pvp.
>>
>>378203453
Oh, sorry. By only being able to team up with one person, I thought you meant team up for pvp not co-op.
>>
>>378203223
To unlock the training missions to complete to get the mystic art able to be unlocked.
>>
Don't neglect the magic/ninja abilities. Unlike the souls games, both can be super useful without having to invest a bunch of points into their corresponding attributes.
>>
>>378203580
I've been through the game, and I still feel like I'm doing this.

Mostly because I don't know what is good and what is shit to be honest. All I ever heard about was the sloth talismans or whatever.
>>
>>378203664
Sloth. The talisman that gives you amrita on hit.
Super armor talisman.
>>
>>378203664

The spirit summon talismans are really useful early game. When you've got an attack guardian, the summoning talismans destroy most of the early enemies.

Aside from that, it's all situational stuff.
>>
>>378203664
Same. I've been relying on kunai/powerpills and defense down/regen/fire talismans all through ng and most of ng+.

It's easy to become set in your ways.
>>
>>378203580
I have been dumping all of my ninjutsu into increasing my various grades of firebomb capacities, is this viable? I have like 2 or 3 of the biggest bombs so far, last boss I beat was yatagarasu guy.
>>
>>378204276
No idea. I've never really tried using bombs. But if you have gear with +ninjutsu power or +thrown weapon damage, then maybe that might be an effective combo
>>
>>378201574
Are you me?
>>
>>378205218
Are you you?
>>
>>378204052
>>378204061
Are the Ninjitsu/Magic items that give your weapon a certain element detrimental in any way? I really didn't like elements in Souls games because of split damage reduction but the elements in this game are stupidly strong when used right it seems.
>>
>200 hours later
>still havent beaten it
please just give me the super ez overpowered build im so bad I guess
>>
>>378206112
What are you stuck on? I played through pretty much the entire game with a basic heavy armor & Odachi build and did pretty fine.
>>
>>378206112

It's not a short game either, but are you stuck on a specific mission? Tell us what you have problems with.
>>
>>378206220
I cant get much father than the flying guy and keep restarting. I dont even have a character at the moment cause getting that far and never getting farther has been discouraging me a lot
>>
>>378206292
You talking about the guy that grows wings inside the burning castle? He's a bit annoying because of that rifle but if you haven't learned by now that's the time to really learn how to time dodges for ranged weapons like that, otherwise, anytime he's flying if you hit him he'll get knocked down giving you a free downed hit for a lot of damage, it's pretty easy to get a hit off when he tries to do the teleport thing.
>>
>>378205603
I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I can tell elemental weapon damage is just added on top of your normal weapon damage. So, worst case scenario, if you try attacking an elemental enemy with the same element, you would deal no additional elemental damage or status effect, but normal weapon damage.
>>
>>378206453
Ive beaten him once and never gotten past the mission after him
>>
>>378206460
That's pretty good then, I don't know if it was outdated information but I swear I saw people saying you should only be going for full physical.

>>378206503
Why do you keep restarting I guess is the bigger question then, just take a build and stick with it, like I said I pretty much did the whole game with a no ninjitsu/magic Odachi and Heavy armor build.
>>
>>378203356
>I just bought this game. Any tips for a new player or common pitfalls I should be aware of?
is completely different from
>HURR I JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME, WHAT'S IT LIKE GUYS?
>>
>>378206674
because every build I try can NEVER get past that part of the game hence why I said im trash and need an OP build
>>
>>378206730
But why the restarting part is what I mean, you know there's reincarnation books in the store that pretty much let you completely respec if that's the issue you're having, the only downside is they get more expensive every time you buy them.

If you want a super straightforward build, I guess the easiest one would be heavy armor and spears.

Spears because their attack stat is the same stat as HP (body), and heavy armor can be pumped up with enough Stamina to get to B agility which is a huge difference. Just level up strength enough to equip most of the really good heavy armors, like you shouldn't need to level it much past 12 or so.
>>
>>378206897
Oh and level spirit obviously, at least enough to get the bonuses for the spirit you want to use, which Isonade and the Bull should be good ones to keep you alive.
>>
>>378202604

Katana and spears are the best overall, especially for human targets, but they're all worth using and you can't fuck up your stats by spreading them too thinly like you can in Souls games.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.