[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will never understand all of the fucking intricacies you people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15

File: normal_1487591348.jpg (131KB, 700x341px) Image search: [Google]
normal_1487591348.jpg
131KB, 700x341px
I will never understand all of the fucking intricacies you people get into with this series.
>>
>>378192348
Most people don't understand either, they just watch some youtuber talk about muh lore and start parrotting it like it's gospel.
>>
>>378192348
its a series for people who are stupid and like to think they're smart. Its one of the most repetitive pieces of shit ever created, i can sum up the entire series combat with two words, rolling simulator. Seriously people think these games are challenging but in reality they're just shitty rinse and repeat games but because their stupid minds cannot comprehend the repetitive horseshit they label it as challenging, fucking disgusting. Anyone who enjoys these games should take a good hard look at themselves and evaluate their life choices
>>
>>378192887
Bait
>>
>>378192557
This.
>>378192887
(You)
>>
File: 1495663061119.png (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495663061119.png
926KB, 1280x720px
>>378192887
>>
>>378192887
i agree. I fell for the Bloodborne meme at release and thought it was shit. Fucking clunky ass combat.
>>
File: kos7.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kos7.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
I love Bloodborne's setting and lore but I have almost zero desire to learn this fight and beat this guy. I pretty much get the gist of the DLC and I hate that it's designed for lvl 100ish characters. I beat Ludwig at soul level 44 but I get bored playing the same exact build after 30-40 hours.

YOU MUST BE LEVEL 90+ FOR THIS BOSS: THE RECKONING PART 7
>>
>>378192887
Oh man this game is so hard whenever the enemy tries to hit you you need to press the button that makes you FUCKING INVINCIBLE.

Bullet hell games make the sprites bigger than the hitboxes to make things seem more dangerous than they really are but at least the player has to manually get the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>378192887
>Anyone who enjoys these games should take a good hard look at themselves and evaluate their life choices

Why does /v/ take video games so seriously?
>>
>>378193592
/v/ doesn't even like video games.
>>
>>378192348
It's a boss rush game. The people getting hardons for the lore are worse than faggots.
>>
>>378192557
This right here, is the mind of a retarded reditor, they can't conceive that people get their ideas from anywhere other than a e-celeb.
Pity this poor retard, he clearly wasn't here during DeS and DaS on release where people actually discussed their own opinions and information of the game before there were any videos of the lore.
Discussing games on forums with other players and comparing knowledge is unfathomable to this retard clearly, because he projects what he believes onto others.
>>
I have to agree with OP

Miyazaki clearly just put in a bunch of vague reasons to go on an adventure because he doesn't really give a fuck and probably doesnt think anyone else really should either. He thought of cool designs or scenarios and then he put a little background of that into item descriptions, that's all there was to it. But some guy decided to put on a "deep" voice and piece together things that vaguely make sense in an echo chamber and somehow that became canon
>>
>>378192348
Don't care. Too busy killing shit.
>>
>>378193592
I do not give a shit about anything look how cool I am I am so much fun to be around.
>>
I only play shitty casual waifu games and I get totally triggered whenever /v/ has a Dark Souls thread. It seriously bothers me that people enjoy non-hand holding, narration-lite, deeply customizable action games. I also hate my dad and I wish I was a girl.
>>
>>378193993
>The pendant
This proves it. Miyazaki made the Lore as a troll.
>>
>>378193570
People have done this at lv4 on NG+7, no excuses.
>>
>>378192348
Game is marketed to people who need something to validate themselves. Make a series and call it hardcore and doesn't hold your hand and see how many flock to it because they want to prove they're tough. Even though the game directors said difficulty isn't the their goal people like to hype it up as the hardest shit ever
>>
>>378197557
Please, not all of us have autism.
>>
>>378197557
It's pretty much this. Have you seen the souls fanbase? They always shove criticism to the side and tell you to "git gud" they are autists
>>
>>378197557
/thread
>>
>>378192348
probably the newest meme franchise that i do not get the appeal at all
to me it looks like a >>>>>>>>>>deep and mature mh-like gaem(i dont like mh anyway so not mhfag) released on non-ninty platforms so it must be praised to death
>>
>>378197557
>Game is marketed to people who need something to validate themselves. Make a series and call it hardcore
LOL, you're such a retard, you want examples of games that people use to validate themselves? Think of any game that actually has ranks, divisions, medals, trophies for winning, etc.
You pick one of the only modern day games with multiplayer that don't do this, you are so fucking stupid.
No one here calls the game hardcore, anyone that does is outed as a youngfag casual that only plays modern AAA games, no one plays the game because it's hard, people play it because it doesn't treat you like a little faggot kid, like most games do these days.
>>378198046
Git gud, is used to deride whiny bitches complaining about the game being too hard. It only exists because anyone can beat it if they are simply willing to learn.
It's not like people are being told that they can't beat it because they are not hardcore enough but to get better, this isn't some high level shootemup that many people simply can't beat it just asks more of you than most modern games.
>>
>>378198498
t.souls fag
The difference between me and you is I don't pretend my preferred series is the hardest and most challenging video game to exist
>>
File: image.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35KB, 800x600px
>>378192887
Obvious bait but one part is correct. It is a rolling simulator
>>
>>378197557
What I love the most is that souls fags claim it's so hard and good because it doesn't hold your hand despite many games have been doing that for years even before they were born like OG Castlevania, ghost and goblins, metroid and etc. The fact that they act like this is something new is hilarious and sad
>>
>>378197557
>prove that they are tough
It's a video game anon. Not a hazing ritual from middle school
>>
>>378198876
Which is why it's sad it's marketed that way. Soulsfags constantly pretend it's the hardest of the hard, and etc.
>>
>>378197557
Bingo
>>
>>378198624
>The difference between me and you is I don't pretend my preferred series is the hardest and most challenging video game to exist
When did I do that? I said no such thing, I pretty much said that it's only seen as "hard" because so many games right now are so fucking so easy.
It wouldn't be considered a hard game if you have played any generation from the PS2 and before.
That problem was that the 360/ps3 generation might have been the most casual gen yet, this one might beat it though, it doesn't treat the player like a retard, which is part of the appeal but to 360 babies that only know a gen or two it is relatively hard.
>>378199049
Man, you just don't stop with that bullshit do you? How many times do you have to make that claim? Because you sure as hell don't see it here, who cares what some faggot game journalists thinks or casual fags that don't know shit or how Namco Bandai chooses to market From Software's game?
>>
File: image.gif (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
80KB, 1024x768px
>>378193993
I'm not sure I can get behind that. Clearly the main priority isn't "lore" or story. They design games. If the top priority was to tell a story they would write a book/OGN/movie etc. but to outright dismiss it as masquerading as deep seems off. It may be operating on a higher level than you. Many people will look at an advanced piece of art and just not see something. A typical response is to be hostile towards said Art.
>>
>Everyone above this post is baited. Everyone below this post is also baited.
>>
>>378199304
Take one look at bamco marketing and you can clearly see that you're wrong. They literally sell shirts talking about how tough you are because you beat dark souls lmao

You're not fooling anyone souls fag. Now respond to me and tell me get good casual like you usually do when someone calls you our on your bullshit :)
>>
>>378199049
Maybe it's good I only dip my toe in places like 4chan then. I bought BB and DS3 on the recommendation of a friend who's option I trust. I actually didn't like either but I can see why some people do. I dig the story way more than the game
>>
>>378198864
Nobody said it's anything new dumbass, they said it's very unusual in the modern games.
>>
>>378199494
You gotta be baiting at this point.
But if you are not, they do the same shit with CoD, Halo and even Minecraft, about how hardcore a gamer people that play these games are.
So what?
>>
>>378199584
And that's false, they just nitpick and compare with games that do hold your hand.
There are plenty of modern games that don't
>>
>>378199335

I know how to make the images inside of these images pop out by crossing my eyes, but I can never tell wtf they actually are.
>>
File: 1495479621357.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
>>
>>378197557
this would only really be true if it was 2013 or some shit, people beat the games without rolling and leveling up these days and it's just like whatever
>>
>>378197557
It's funny how you can be successful with a medicore game simply by masking it's flaws as "challenging" and if you don't like it you must be a butt mad casual baby. Beta gotta prove their worth, what better way than to give their money away just to say"I beat dark souls"
>>
>>378199832
can you list some of these flaws
>>
>>378199809
Yeah people realize it's not as challenging as soulsfags would lead you to believe so they start handicapping themselves
>>
>>378197557
This!!
>>
10 days
>>
>>378197557
This is one of those posts that sounds really plausible but has no basis in reality. Like who beats Dark Souls and thinks they're in some exclusive club of elite gamers? Who even describes these games as hard anymore? Most people were disappointed in 3 because it wasn't enough of a challenge
>>
>>378199884
Mobile posting, do don't feel like typing an easy but:

Tying game mechanics to frame rate (gravity/damage/durability)
Input queue system
Hitbox problems
Horrible netplay
>>
>>378192348
I love all those games and I would love to play BB, but I refuse to buy a ps4 because of the ps+ for multiplayer bullshit.
I feel like a lot of effort and attention to detail went into making all of them, which in turn makes getting into all their intricacies quite interesting.
>>
Do people really enjoy Dark Souls? I've played them, and I just don't understand it. The "story" or whatever /v/ labels it is idiotic and lazy, the gameplay is clunky and repetitive, its as if a robot tried to emulate a roleplaying game, I don't see any level of appeal. It feels like one of those meme games that people praise but actually hate playing, like pokemon.
>>
>>378200321
No, people are definitely like that. Soulsfags are one of the most obnoxious internet communities in existence with their elitism.
>>
>>378192348
Other things that are hard to understand in no particular order
>The most rewarding Literature, Film, television and art. Mathematics, science the nature of reality and generally love and relationships especially those in which you love another entity more than yourself.
Is it enlightenment you seek? Or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>378200576
Market game to betas seeking validation

Make lore as vague as possible. Sprinkle beserk/Lovecraft references. Let fans make a coherent story for you.

Retcon things with magical phrase "time is convoluted"

Make ost """"epic"""" with choir chanting and drowning out everything else

Purposely make clunky and call it hard

Congrats you made a souls game
>>
>>378200623
Every form of human interest eventually skews towards elitist.not to be reductionist but If you feel X community is off putting it's usually rooted in the jealousy of being excluded. If you didn't place a value on X at all you wouldn't feel any way towards it.
>>
>>378201004
That is a beautiful point.
>>
File: 1339943388960.jpg (50KB, 632x560px) Image search: [Google]
1339943388960.jpg
50KB, 632x560px
>>378201004
I...need to consider things for a moment.
>>
>>378201004
>You mad
Sorry, not all negative opinions are the result of upset feelings.
>>
>>378200623
But elitism is good, it keeps out the wrong kind of person.
The kind that just drags down the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>378201004
Sooooo disliking x or y means I'm the problem for not liking it?
>>
>>378192348
I didn't get it until I played Bloodborne and I still kinda don't get the extreme autism but I get how the backstory is just vague enough to get you interested without defining enough to prevent speculation.
>>
>>378192348
it's very telling how it got more and more casualized
the box art is manages to be a clear spectrum
left: literally just a dead guy
right: battle damaged badass standing tall
>>
>>378193993
There's always someone who says this about literally anything even remotely elaborate/multilayered. Plus in interviews he's talked about where he got his inspiration for the style of lore in the game from. It's supposed to fit together, but he leaves shit out on purpose.
>>
>>378197557
Surprised not many realize this. Marketers played y'all for fool's. Souls is the video game equivalent of a Carny strongman game, just exists to make you feel better about yourself
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (409KB, 1334x1198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
409KB, 1334x1198px
>>378192348
The problem stems from not people not agreeing on what these games are really about and using their interpretation of what they think the games are about to either praise half of them and admonish the other or hate all of the games or praise them.
>>
>>378193884
Do you honestly believe there's higher quality discussion on /v/ than on reddit? I've been on 4chan for over 10 years now and I didn't even know what reddit was until about 4 years ago. There has never been a time, during those 10 years, where I felt like I or anyone else on here was partaking in a conversation which actually had real depth to it. It ALWAYS turns into "I'm right because I think I am and I'll ignore all of your arguments". There's no discussion on here because no one is open to new ideas.
>>
>>378201680
Beserk reference
Dope ass knight with two swords
Beserk reference
>>
>>378201315
No, not liking a thing isn't a problem. there seems to be a major difference between "not liking" X and being "triggered" by thing X. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the mental health of the individual as well. Being triggered by a thing or butt hurt especially throwing the word elitist around it just seems to imply that people attach a value to thing X. If not it probably wouldn't register at all, let alone enough to make threads and what not.
>>
>>378197557
Truer words have never been spoken
>>
>>378201783
Fume Knight is also a Berserk Reference
>>
File: 1476147388765.jpg (26KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1476147388765.jpg
26KB, 318x318px
So what I'm gathering from this thread is that the Soulsborne series is bad because it's designed to challenge players with gameplay and when the players win they have a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.

The hell do you guys play games for then?
>>
>>378201876
Sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. Someone calling something condescending ot elitist doesn't mean that person is upset by it, just calling out the behavior for what it is.

I been playing souls games since das1 and can agree that the community comes off a bit abrasive and condescending towards outsiders. The subreddit and the vg board (dsg/bbg) are very elitist for the most part
>>
>>378201680
DS2 was fucking garbage, get over it.
>>
>>378202001
It's not challenging tho, just advertised as such
Read the thread you goof.
If Mass Effect Andromeda masked it's flaws as being difficult or challenging and marketed the game as being hardcore it would attract the same crowd as the souls fanbase
>>
>>378201754
I'm not sure anon. I've had good conversations on here. Underneath all the trolling and shit posting and underage faggotry this place is an actual message board for usually above average intelligence people, often times with almost no social skills, but even the autists and the underage age I believe at their core really do just want to talk about shit, even if it's shit they don't like. Talk and find other people that talk back and maybe pick up a new thing or 3. So maybe I hold out hope in a place where hope doesn't traditionally live.
>>
>>378201754
Now that can't be true, hell if you were in any of the early DeS and DaS threads you would have seen plenty of great discussion, same with any well received game on /v/, DaS, Dead Space, Hotline Miami, etc.
Either you haven't been here for 10 years because the really cancerous part of /v/ has really ratcheted up only after reddit became popular, I don't know if it's a coincidence or what that's about or you probably visit console exclusive threads where you get ramped up fanboysim.
>>
>>378202054
???
>>
>>378202139
Says who it's not challenging? Did you play it without dying or having your abilities tested?
>>
>>378202337
No relativist garbage, no interpretations. It was a bad fucking game.
>>
>>378202379
i interpret it as a good game
>>
>>378202243
Reddit is better because obvious bait posts get down voted and samefagging doesn't exist
>>
>>378202376
I've beat all but DeS as sl1/bl4
Anyone can claim anything as challenging anon.
>>
File: 1495465828681.png (237KB, 616x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495465828681.png
237KB, 616x480px
>>378192887
>>
>>378197557
/thread
>>
>>378198410
>on non-ninty platforms
Anon your autism is showing
>>
>>378197557
Is /v/ finally waking up?
>>
>>378197557
usually i only see embarrassing pop psychology shit getting this much approval on reddit
>>
>>378192348
I just play the damn game man, I actually copped Persona 5 today cause I was bored of the rinse and repeat of bloodborne. I like bloodborne but when you're pissing away time, game money, and health items to do the same shit over and over it gets old fast. Probably wont pick it up till I completely forget what the gameplay was like. I dont buy into all this deep lore shit, I smoke too much weed to have a high attention span anymore anyway.
>>
>>378202512
>I have more experience and technical skill in the series than 90% of the entire playerbase
>hurr its not challenging
I agree, but this mindset is pretty retarded still. I've beat every game on SL1 too some of them at NG+6, but in comparison to other games coming out nowadays the souls series IS challenging.
>>
>>378202827
The lore is all vague shit anyways so it can be interpreted any way you want it to be.
>>
>>378202901
If you have to compare your game with easy games to make it seem hard, maybe the game isn't as hard as you like to claim to begin with?
>>
>>378202797
No he's right, humans have an innate desire to want to prove/validate themselves. From Software knows that and is exploiting it with great success
>>
>>378193570
Learning how to beat OoK is one of the big boy moments of teh game cause only pussies say they cant beat him, anything can be beat. But at the same time I fully agree with you, I already beat the game and my level is around 150 but all I'm doing now to repetitive dungeons just to find upgrade items for the 2nd place weapons I never used in my first run. Its boring as fuck and they make it retarded by putting stupid limits on your health or damage, meanwhile the main game is as easy as piss, so I'm gonna give it a heavy break till I really get the urge to coat myself in blood again. Plus I wanna play some comfy shit, bloodborne angers up the blood too much. I almost put my controller through my TV for losing to defiled Amy back to back to back.
>>
>>378192348
I will never understand why people think Miyazaki is jesus or some shit.
>>
>>378203084
you can do this pop psychology shit for days though, i could just as easily say that you guys are projecting, just because people tend to project doesn't make it true in this instance
>>
>>378197557
Kinda sad that you're right, so many idiots jumped on demon souls, not cause they truly wanted to play, nah they had to fill some empty broism inside them that says they cant beat the game so they need to prove it wrong.
>>
>>378203214
So you never experienced the urge/desire/or want to validate yourself to you, your friends or families? Because wanting to make your parents proud is an example of that. It's not that uncommon Anon.
>>
>>378202029
I'm not sure its about calling a spade a spade though. we're talking about perceived or actual "elitism". Someone is not just saying that something is shit. They are saying elitist shit. Whenever that comes up it just comes across as sour grapes. Often times it's not just that people dislike something it's also that they dislike something and they don't understand it. This causes all sorts of nasty inferiority things to crop up. The more challenging a thing is, you'll always have some people that are stimulated by it and some people that think it is opaque. so generally people aren't just saying its shit, they feel the need to kick the people down a peg that do get any enjoyment out of it. Keeping the cycle of misunderstanding going. This doesn't happen generally with things you just don't like. You would just ignore it.
>>
>>378203321
if this is such a common and easily exploitable phenomenon then why is dark souls noteworthy as one of the only series in video games that exploits it?

could it not just be the case that the games are good and people play them because they're good?
>>
>>378201754
/v/ is more socially biased that's why. On reddit its a fucking echo chamber so you can never bad mouth a game without getting banned on some shit. Here I can say somebody has shit tastes, we argue a bit, and then I move on to another thread. Its good healthy debate mixed in with shit talking.
>>
>>378203260
Can confirm, I'm one of those idiots. I actually like the game but I only got it because /v/ was telling me how hard it was and and what have you. I love these games, but I can't deny that they're really capitalizing on the whole "hardcore" thing
>>
>>378202995
Im not saying the game is hard, Im saying that in comparison to other modern games it is.
>>
>>378202928
I figured as much, all I got from bloodborne was that pseudo gods were fucking shit up on 1 night only due to the birth of a new one among their ranks and you just so happen to be the hero who has to fix shit cause everyone else became beasts like dumbasses.
>>
>>378203425
Because it's the most popular and successfulat doing so.
>>378203416
I don't think just ignoring it and not addressing it is a ideal way to go about things.
>>
>>378203321
I dont go out of my way to do something I wont enjoy just to prove to others I can do it. the fuck? That's like saying me staying in school for 8 years to become a doctor when I have no urge to be a doctor.
>>
>>378203501
Again you're doing it again, saying it's hard when compared to easier games. There are plenty of modern games that offer a challenge on the level of dark souls.
>>
>>378203489
If you truly enjoy it then there's no shame, but so many ppl picked it up and put it down simply cause they wanted to prove they were tough enough to play it and got chewed up and spit out.
>>
Why can't you guys just be nice to each other?
>>
>>378203908
I'm not shamed in admitting I fell for the marketing gimmick.
>>
>>378203775
>Because it's the most popular and successfulat doing so.

no, it's the only series that's successful at doing so

no other franchise markets itself in the same way the souls games do, the idea being that marketing your game as difficult will alienate people, not appeal to them

i'll ask again, if this is such a lucrative marketing strategy and all the people who played dark souls have personality failings that only a challenging computer game could alleviate then why is the market not flooded with games marketing themselves as challenging to capitalise on this? what makes you think that the marketing even helps? its worth noting that these games have mostly grown through word of mouth, especially DeS/DaS
>>
>>378203989
Because for some reason not liking souls or calling out for what it is is a personal insult to anyone who enjoys the game? At least that's the impression I get based on this thread

The discussion has been civil for the most part except for rampart outbursts of souls fans calling others retards
>>
>>378202928
At a certain level (usually age) people that demand intellectually stimulating things start trending towards what other people may call "vague". If you've read 1000 books or seen 1000 movies you already know the tropes inside out. So when something comes along that presents a different look, a different way of doing things, some people are going to eat it up. If it was just hazy and vague actual intelligent people aren't usually going to fall for it. If it is open to interpretation it just may reel a lot of them in. I'm not saying it's bad for a VG or a painting a book to spoon feed you and hold your hand. Everyone requires that at some point. Some people never leave that phase. The people that are tired of it in various degrees have to seek out other things that may get negative reactions from people that want everything to be "comfy"
>>
File: 2.jpg (11KB, 235x200px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
11KB, 235x200px
anyone who shits on the souls series is just butthurt and needs to GIT GUD
>>
>>378204462
tyhis is the only correct opinion one canh old
>>
>>378204254
Not that guy but p sure Dead space 1 and 2 did the same marketing gimmick and we're both successful
Game so hard gonna make you cry to your momma or etc
>>
>>378204254
Ocarine of time.
"This is a game for real men." Or something along the lines of that was in the USA tv commercials
>>
>ITT: /v/ pretends the "Souls is hard" meme was fabricated from pure marketing
It isn't you retards, they just capitalized on it.
It doesn't matter if the devs never designed it that way or you can trivialize the entire fucking game extremely easily with farming or MP.

You just can't fathom the amount of normies that are terrible at video games. I'm not trying to be elitist or e-peen here, I'm saying that stereotypes exist for a reason and it existed before they started to try to bank on it with DS2 and "Prepare to Die". You've willingly entered the cave to avoid seeming like a pretentious faggot, but outside in real life most people are shit at video games.

It's ok to call widely considered hard games hard, it's not ok to deflect criticisms with difficulty as an excuse.

>>378204254
It's an extremely fucking common tactic, especially with the flood of indie shit games promising to recapture old school gameplay and difficulty.
>>
>>378204317
Being against shotty vague writing doesn't mean one supports shotty forced writing that lays everything you. Which btw, souls is also guilty of with the intro cutscene in all games but ds2 and bb
>>
>>378204913
>They capitalize on it
Yes which is what most of us in this thread agree with.
>>
>>378197557
Whoa, I never thought I'd see someone apply critical thinking on /v/, especially in regards to souls. I'm supried more people haven't just resorted to calling you casual or something. But it could be because burgers are asleep
>>
File: 1392472664681.gif (587KB, 187x294px) Image search: [Google]
1392472664681.gif
587KB, 187x294px
DaS > BB >>> DeS = DaS3 >>> DaS2
fite me
>>
>>378193570
Most people I know beat it at level 70-80.

Also that's one of the best bossfights in the whole series. He doesn't have any bullshit moves, he's just aggressive as fuck.
>>
>>378205507
Same but swap ds3 and ds2
>>378205559
>Doesn't have any bullshit moves
He can literally animation cancel you dweeb
>>
>>378192348
do people really play the dark souls games because they are hard? they're fun and cool too, isn't that enough?
>>
>>378205964
Yes, they do.
My youngest brother is playing my copy because he wants to fit in with his friends.
I feel like this isn't a special case based on the discussion in this thread
>>
>>378199675
No it was actually very uncommon back when Demon's Souls and Dark Souls came out. Those games literally pushed back forth the idea that you don't have to treat the player like a 5 year old retard. That's one of the big things that made DeS become such a cult hit, amidst all the "HD GAMING" moviegames and CoD shit that was consuming the entire medium at the time Demon's Souls was a genuinely refreshing retreat to video games just being fucking video games again.
>>
>>378206068
Ninja Gaiden was very much alive when DeS came out. And is still harder that any of the 5 games in the franchise. It was and still is just nitpicking.
>>
>>378198498
You're right, anyone can beat a Souls game, but every time someone criticizes a Souls game a bunch of retards assume the only POSSIBLE way anyone could ever not enjoy Souls is if they suck at it.
>>
>>378206218
>muh harcore difficulty

Yeah you are a retard, no wonder you don't understand the success of these games.
>>
Hurr souls was never hard but if you criticise it fet good casual XD!!
>>
>>378199884
>locking on is more of a hinderance than a benefit - in fact, it even completely craps out for some reason in the Archives, making magic based builds even more unfun as they already are
>bow aiming is completely shit, with some armors blocking your view since FROM apparently saw no need in making your character model translucent in that mode and arrows travel in some weird arc that doesn't really match up with your crosshair
>meanwhile enemy arrows have tracking and in some cases can also shoot through walls due to the lack of collision data in certain areas
>the entire way you unlock the DLC which is only obscure because apparently their crappy engine doesn't seem to let characters appear on the fly so you have to reload the game to make the gold golem appear
>>
>>378206775
It's appropriately difficult. If you go calling the games hard then you get these fucktards who beat NG and DMC3 on the hardest difficulty acting like fucking spergs about what REAL DIFFICULTY is, if you call it easy then you are going to get all these casuals who are angry at you and think you are acting elitist for calling the game easy. It's impossible to satisfy them all so fuck you and fuck off.
>>
>>378206816
Lock on is s choice
Bow is supplementary weapon, not primary
Magic is suppose to be supplementary as well
Sorry they don't spoon feed you
>>
I completed demon's souls back when it was new. I enjoyed it.

I recently tried dark souls 1 and 3, and really disliked them. This upsets me because I thought I would eventually go through the dark souls trilogy, bloodborne, and nioh, but now it seems that demon's souls was a fluke. Oh well.
>>
>>378207040
What did you like in DeS that was so significantly different in DaS?
>>
File: schooner.jpg (37KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
schooner.jpg
37KB, 600x350px
>>378199746
idk what this is either
>>
>>378207148
I can't remember, it was years ago. Quite annoying really.
>>
Holy shit this thread is full of pretentious fucks
>>
>>378197557
Good shit
>>
>>378202278
This. There were superb Killer7 threads with real discussion and analysis, Ace Combat and Armored Core threads, Drakengard (before Automata announcement, though there were actually few great threads after release), Legacy of Kain, C&C, Pathologic, Deadly Premonition, the ones in your post and others. Hell, there was even a good Prey thread recently that actually had discussion of it and not constant shitposting
>>
So we can agree that

>des

Bad souls game, decent arpg, great fromsoft game

>das

Worst souls game, great arpg, bad fromsoft game

>das2

Best souls game, average arpg, worst fromsoft game

>ds3

Decent souls game, goat arpg, average fromsoft game

>bb

Average borne game, awful arpg, goat fromsoft game

Right?
>>
>die constantly in PVP/PVE
>ARGGGGH I HATE THE SOUL SERIES IT'S ARTIFICIAL STUPID DUMB DUMB OVERRATED!

>win constantly in PVP/PVE
>i love this game :^) git gud fagots
>>
>>378211114
The most accurate post ITT
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.