[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was thinking of getting into Rust after enjoying the Forest as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (18KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
18KB, 460x215px
Was thinking of getting into Rust after enjoying the Forest as much as I have, but ran out of current content.

Is this a game, since it's PVP oriented, something I can go all gun ho in, or would playing in a group be necessary?

Opinions, /v/?
>>
Playing Rust solo is a waste of fucking time unless you are a neet.
>>
>>378192486
I guess it's similar to E.V.E in that way where to play solo you need to make it your second job?
>>
>>378192952
Yeah. If you're playing solo, expect to get raided when you are offline. Offline raiding will be your demise 99% of the time. The only way to survive in Rust is to roll with a large group or be playing constantly so you can always watch all of your shit.
>>
Yeah p much

It's a really fun game with groups, raiding is such a rush

But if you play solo make sure to have lube, you will eventually log on naked in an open field because you were raided
>>
>>378193305
>>378193201
Fuck, logging off doesn't at least protect your character? I mean I understand if the base isn't protected, but even the character itself?
>>
>>378193621
Nope. When you log off, your base and body can be tampered with.
>>
>>378193762
Ok that's some bullshit, thanks for telling me, that would have been a waste of time.

Know of another nice Survival games akin to The Forest or anything else similar?
>>
>>378193896
Don't really play survival games, sorry. I only know about Rust because I gave it a shot before getting sick of dying when I was away over and over again.
>>
Rust is a fucking meme game
>>
fuck this game play squad instead.
>>
>>378194162
huh, that kinda reminds me of Battlefield 1942's massive battles
>>
It is fun to hop on a server and play for a couple hours, but your shit is never there when you log back in the next day.
>>
Anyone know how, Empyrion Galactic Survival is?
>>
>>378195919
and how does it compare to Space Engineers?
>>
>>378193896
7 Days to Die
It's on the verge of another overhaul but it's mods really ramp up the minecraft/checklist experience. You can turn off zombs but after two in-game weeks, you'll be tempted to turn it back on for shits and giggles

Only problem is that it takes a few maps to get used to. Once you get the idea, it's fantastic
>I went from Rust to 7DtD
>>
>>378196464
>7 Days to Die
Damn, the building in this game looks fantastic, and it has the part of Minecraft I loved, build during the day so you can survive the night.
Thanks Anon, I'll definitely be looking into getting this one
>>
>>378196835
It REALLY is tricky the very first day, very first time. I would TRY turning off the zombies just to get used to the controls, otherwise you're gonna keep dying and keep respawning somewhere else, causing you to lose all your shit

If you watch Rust lets plays, do the same on 7 Days. Resources and running is a total bitch on vanilla, but you can custom-mod the files however you want.
>>
>>378196979
It kind of turns me off a slight bit when you say, 'get used to the controls,' what about the control is an issue?
>>
>>378197207
Multitasking and jumping into the game shouldn't be as hectic as it is in 7 Days. Like in Rust, you have to get some basic tools. BUT, zombies are usually swarming in RIGHT from the get-go as you're trying to determine what's safe and what's not, AND crafting your first tool.

>First few hours in this, I was an idiot and scoped out a car near a house and had 4-5 zombies constantly killing me. Barely got enough wood to fix up the house before they kept killing me. At least it wasn't their mods, Starvation or Valmod -- where they ramp up the enemies x4 and the RPGish experience x4

Also (and they're fixing it) when you're in the crafting menu, you can't move. Still, once you get used to it you won't regret it until you run out of personal objectives
>>
>>378197567
Alright that doesn't sound too bad, I'll pick it up soon then, going to try out one of these space games as well, Empyrion Im leaning towards over space engineers
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.