[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing through this right now. What is the point of fusion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Playing through this right now.

What is the point of fusion? You can't make demons that are higher level than your character, and there are so many demons to recruit you'll always have a full party.

Characters are saying I should be constantly fusing, but I often can't fuse demons because of the level cap.

Should I just ignore it for a while?
>>
>>378191884
Fusion is more for getting the right skills/resistances for the right encounters than it is getting the highest level.
Besides, enemies with lower levels than your level that have the right resistances/skills can sometimes become more useful than those on your level without that stuff.
>>
>You can't make demons that are higher level than your character
You can, check the apps again.
>and there are so many demons to recruit you'll always have a full party
And they will all have shit or close to no skills/resistances. With fusion you can make a brand new demon with better stats and with all the skills you want as long as their affinity to them is positive.
>I often can't fuse demons because of the level cap
Recruit more demons.
>>
>>378192053
Do fused demons have better stats than recruited ones?

>Recruit more demons
What do you mean? I can recruit lots of demons but there's a limit to how much I can fuse because I'll wind up with all demons of close to the hero's level.

Being able to increase the max level by 1 by spending App points doesn't really count.
>>
Fusing helps you make stronger demons. You will be able to benefit from it soon as long as you keep your level up. Even without the pure power portion there are situations where you MUST fuse to get a demon with certain repels or nulls for that portion of the game be it for a boss or for aoe blast of that spell. New spells may be gained from this too especially early on like better healing or aoes. I would say get a bunch of demons, register them in the compendium so you wont have to farm them later and go from there.
>>
>>378192196
With the amount of new demon types you encounter, it feels a lot like I should be constantly recruiting and fusing, but it doesn't seem like randomly doing so gives you benefit.
>>
>>378192175
>there's a limit to how much I can fuse
Have you been fusing lately? What level are you and your demons? Hitting a wall in fusion is normal if you've been at it constantly and you haven't reached a new area with new demons yet.
>Being able to increase the max level by 1 by spending App points doesn't really count.
You unlock more boosters. The first one is by 1, but the second and third one increase it by 2 and 4 and so on.
>>
you should always want to fuse if a demon has no skills left to learn unless you really need it's resistances/affinity for a boss or something, otherwise it's just wasting exp

it also helps to just fuse for the sake of filling out the compendium because you'll be able see more potential fusion combos when you're looking through it, because filtering fusion results only shows combos involving demons you've owned/registered
>>
just level up then fuse
>>
>>378192614
Sure, that makes sense, but my ability to do useful fusions falls behind my ability to recruit new demons, to the point where I have a big surplus.

>>378192848
What's my goal, exactly? Just improving the pool of useful skills to pass along?
>>
>>378191884
CAn I play this without playing SMT4 first? I'm almost done with Persona 5 and I'm looking into either P4Golden or the SMT series next.
>>
Almost done with SMTIV, going to start this soon. Anything I should know beforehand? Is Str still shit?
>>
>>378192882
then just keep the surplus, you'll probably find uses for them when you get to a new area with new demons you might be able to fuse them with. If you're running out of space buy more stock slots, or if you need to save up for something better like skill slots just delete/fuse something you don't need, you can always just get it again later

and yes that basically is the goal, great stats and affinities means nothing without good skills, also skills your MC uses so you can get to +9 faster
>>
>>378193084
Str is fixed, applies to phys skills while Dex is just for guns now
>>
How far from the end is Purgatorium in IV?
>>
>>378193264
Final dungeon in the Chaos route, one dungeon left in the Neutral route.
>>
>>378193371
What level are you supposed to be? I feel like I'm rolling through everything
>>
>>378193471
It doesn't matter, IV is piss easy.
>>
>>378193471
whatever level you are it's probably too high for a challenge, IV's endgame is pretty easy
>>
>>378193471
IV's difficulty gets pretty fucked once you finally get to Tokyo. Especially if you're doing a MAG build. Thankfull, Apocalypse has way better balance.
>>
>>378193471
IV is pretty easy, IV:A is much better gameplay wise
>>
>>378191884
why is apocalypse stylized like apocalypse now? is there any tie in or similar theme?
>>
>>378193960
not really

it's only called apocalypse because localization is dumb and didn't realize final sounded better
>>
>>378194062
yea but it has a striking resemblance to the way its written on the poster for that movie. theres no way this was overlooked...
>>
>>378193960

I think it's just supposed to look like the "Anarchy" symbol people would draw in high school
>>
>>378194062
You're an idiot.
>>
is this game good?
>>
>>378194598
Yes.
>>
>>378194598
if you can tolerate lousy dubs then yes
>>
>>378191884
Fuse to move over better skills, fuse to get daemons about your level with good skills.
>>
>>378192984
>CAn I play this without playing SMT4 first?
You could but it's a direct sequel. You'd probably benefit more from playing the original.
>>
Demons level very slowly through experience, so it's easier to keep ahead of the enemies' power curve by recruiting and fusing your own ranks
>>
File: Kill your friends meduka.jpg (98KB, 850x790px) Image search: [Google]
Kill your friends meduka.jpg
98KB, 850x790px
Post your favorite tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_kjTuGbOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyZIZ1MfuM
>>
>>378196430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBtGp2UZEk
The fact that it only plays in that shitty park should be considered a crime against humanity and good taste.
>>
>>378191884

nigga, why are you playing this before regular SMT IV?
>>
>>378196548
the only thing you'll get out of SMTIV before Apoc is experience with the game mechanics

every story element you need to know is thrown at you in the first 5 minutes of the game
>>
>>378196646
>storyfags
>>
>>378196548
IV is shit anyway. The only good thing about it is the OST and most of it is in Final too.
>>
>>378196741
why else would you need to play IV first then? To appreciate the improvements in the sequel?
>>
File: Walter.png (188KB, 345x770px) Image search: [Google]
Walter.png
188KB, 345x770px
>>378196806
>>
>>378196892
walter has more character in the YHVH showdown than the entirety of IV
>>
File: Gaston_SMTIV_Final.png (579KB, 700x1510px) Image search: [Google]
Gaston_SMTIV_Final.png
579KB, 700x1510px
MAY YOU BE BLESSED
>>
>>378197020
STOP STEALING MY PRESS TURNS YOU FUCK.
>>
>>378197020
I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SAMURAI.
>>
>>378197020
NO ONE STEAL YOUR TURNS LIKE GASTON
>>
>>378197819
>samurai
>fights with a spear
Gaston is one of the more accurate samurai portrayals it's hilarious.
>>
File: 1495335457749.png (265KB, 460x483px) Image search: [Google]
1495335457749.png
265KB, 460x483px
>You can't make demons that are higher level than your character

you absolutely can.
>>
The party in IV was stronger than one one in IV:A. it made the Anarchy ending really easy when i only really liked Hallelujah and Navarre for the message he left me when he knew what route i was set on before following through.
>>
>you have to be a personafag to get the ending where people and demons enage in hot reproductive sex
Gay.
>>
File: 1484058683524.jpg (396KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484058683524.jpg
396KB, 512x768px
>>378198861
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.