[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Leave the whole videogame industry to me" - Kimishima,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: CPDeyL9UEAEAHE7.jpg?1454840146.jpg (43KB, 545x576px) Image search: [Google]
CPDeyL9UEAEAHE7.jpg?1454840146.jpg
43KB, 545x576px
"Leave the whole videogame industry to me"
- Kimishima, 2017

What did he meant by that?
>>
>makes a cinematic experience Zelda
>sells massive to the casual market
>game journos eat it up

Looks like he figured out how to sell to this corrupt industry full of hollywood failures.
>>
File: (You).png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
33KB, 1020x426px
>BOTW
>cinematic
You only deserve 1 (You)
>>
File: 1456862175603.png (105KB, 294x306px) Image search: [Google]
1456862175603.png
105KB, 294x306px
>>378187053

>hours of cutscenes which is way too much, even if Zelda had millions of hours of gameplay (you should be able to accomplish this with ZERO cutscenes, that means no memories)
>voice acting
>token female character who breaks down and cries like something you'd see out of Uncharted or TLOU
>runs at a silky smooth 30 FPS for no reason other than developer incompetence

Yes, cinematic. like I said.
>>
>>378186952
Man it's that easy huh? I wonder why other devs don't do this
>>
>>378186791
I think he meant that we should leave the whole video game industry to him
>>
>>378187229
>token female
>literally just as many female protags than male ones
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378187229
>Zelda
>Token female
>ZELDA
>TOKEN
>ZELDA. FUCKING ZELDA
>>
>hours of cutscenes which is way too much, even if Zelda had millions of hours of gameplay (you should be able to accomplish this with ZERO cutscenes, that means no memories)
You mean 2 hours of cutscenes is too much when compared to the at least 100 hours of gameplay?
>voice acting
And?
>token female character who breaks down and cries like something you'd see out of Uncharted or TLOU
Are you seriously complaining about a female character in need of help?
You're starting to sound like Anita at this point.
>runs at a silky smooth 30 FPS for no reason other than developer incompetence
Other than running on old hardware, you mean.
Which happens identically with Monster Hunter titles, in order to not screw over the people who haven't bought the latest piece of hardware.
>>
>>378186952
Sir, you didn't answer my question >>378187262
>>
>>378187651
>>378187775

At no point did Zelda ever need to break down and cry while soiling her diaper. That made her nothing more than generic waifu bait for the anime kids who needed "muh emotion" shoved into the game for no reason. It also pandered to the tumblr crowd that wants games to be "art" for some reason.

>>378187914

>You mean 2 hours of cutscenes is too much when compared to the at least 100 hours of gameplay?
Yes, I'm saying exactly that. With a game like Zelda, you should be lucky to rake up 10 minutes at most in story segments. 2 hours is pushing it beyond any sane person's limits.

>And?
It's cinematic garbage that shouldn't be in a video game.

>Are you seriously complaining about a female character in need of help?
I'm complaining that the game's trying to ask me to feel sorry for another bimbo who got way in over her head and can't handle a little desolation in the landscape, when I've been dealing with it for over 20 games now. I say grow up and get over it.

>Other than running on old hardware, you mean.
This isn't really an excuse, since nintendo themselves made the hardware, so they should know how to best utilize it. And if it's chugging at an abysmal framerate, perhaps it would be best to start taking out things in the game that are causing performance drops. Remove lighting effects, remove the graphics, take out the voice acting, anything that will give it peak performance.

>>378188156
>>378187262

Other devs do it all the time though. Look at Sony for example. How do you think they sold 60 million Ps4s? by making video games? Pffft.
>>
>>378188276
>no need for a character to cry in a video game
wat
Also you don't seem to know what tokenism actually is
>>
File: baitbait.png (39KB, 798x597px) Image search: [Google]
baitbait.png
39KB, 798x597px
>>378188276
Let me give you a 4/10 for the effort put into it.
>>
>>378188276
>Other devs do it all the time though. Look at Sony for example. How do you think they sold 60 million Ps4s? by making video games? Pffft.

Swerve. We are talking about gave developers, not multinational corporations.
>>
>>378188526

Then feast your eyes on the devs behind Horizon or Uncharted. Several million copies sold despite them being poor cinematic trash.

>>378188354

Yes, I'm saying that we have way too many emotional characters in video games.
>>
>>378188276

>It's cinematic garbage that shouldn't be in a video game.

HAHAHAHAHA

Listen here faggot, thinking of BOTW as something other than a solid game with solid gameplay is just plain wrong. You want cinematic stuff ? Go play literally any fucking PS4 games. Even GoW is getting his own interactive movie sequel.

also
>Hours of cutscenes

Did we play the same game ?
>>
>>378188848
>he actually wants one dimensional characters with no development
>>
>>378188871

I'm just saying, it does not benefit the game..
>>378188995

better than artsy stuff.
>>
>>378186791
He means vidya is saved. Prepare yourself for the golden decade of vidya.
>>
File: yakuzaman.jpg (125KB, 900x761px) Image search: [Google]
yakuzaman.jpg
125KB, 900x761px
Yakuza man came to save Nintendo.
>>
>>378186952
I don't even like breath of the Wild but this post is retarded. BoTW would be a vastly improved game if it was more "cinematic". The completely bare bones story does nothing to keep me interested. The whole game is just exploring and fighting.

6/10 game at best but at least play a game before you shit post about it.
>>
This guy strikes me as the least charismatic businessman on the planet and I don't think he's even a public speaker at all. This meme's pretty forced trying to make a suit seem like the next Iwata,
>>
>>378192820
He has been doing a great job "buying" the third parties. Nintendo really needed someone like him, Iwata was great but he was too soft. >>378192334
>>
>>378186791
The call that saved Nintendo...
>>
>>378192475
works for ubisoft based on buzzword
>>
>>378188848
>I want video game characters to be autistic like me
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.